[NV]Insomniac events presents// Electric Daisy Carnival 2012

i went to edc for the first time last year - it is my home town NOW and insomniac Im not sure what got into security on day 3 last year but it was HOMO central guys rubbing dicks and shoving their hands all the way into my shoes - seriosuly if you gonna make people take their shoes off give notice so people can either bring socks and or something to not have to put their foot where the next dirty grimey person did - its disgusting everyone knows people have feet fungus let alone people raging 8 hours straight sweating - so ya be courteous and either put security in check or be polite and make things nice and clean. In any case I had a TON of fun worst part was getting picked up in that BRIGHt sun and driving home each day feeling drained knowing that I gotta get up only 10 hours later or so to do it all over again :) CANT FKN WAIT it is TONS OF FUN!

travel

whats the best way to get from the strip to the event? is the shuttle they offer worth the money or does it get super backed up? any imput would be great, tis will be my 4th trip to vegas but first for edc!

staying at TI thursday, best western fri & sat, and a friend's house in Henderson on sunday

(cannotwaitomgivespentsomuchmoneyitsretarded)

we're still meeting up at peppermill thurs?! yay %)

I just read that no LED gloves for light shows are allowed. Light shows are a huge component of the electronic music scene here in the US. It's part of the 'rave' culture. Can someone please explain to me why Insomniac is not allowing gloves into their party? Thanks

Yeah it is part of the rave culture, but unfortunately light shows are associated with drug use. Not only that but they pose safety issues...like a bunch of drugged out people sitting in the middle of the dance floor. Insomniac has amazing lights in their stage set ups and honestly you shouldn't need light shows to have a good time at one of their events. You're either there for the music or you aren't.

Oh and that being said, just because it says lights aren't allowed doesn't mean they're not around. Drugs aren't allowed in either.. The last few insomniac events I've been to I've had to watch where I step walking through stages because there have been so many people sitting for light shows. Kind of annoying actually

It's here you all! Last night was pretty amazing and Bassrush was pretty awesome on Thursday. The traffic to and from the speedway was a bit nutso but despite the late night/early everyone was pretty considerate of one another. I can't ask for any better people to party the night away. Looking forward to tonight and tomorrow...getting crazier in this already crazy but awesome city...love you, LV!

Anyway, need a bit of help :/ Message me if you think you can be of some great assistance. Thanks.

PLUR

saturday being cancelled was probably one of the biggest letdowns of my entire life. I was set up for Feed Me, Bassnectar, Martin Solveig, Calvin Harris, Armin, Avicii, Tiesto, and Steve Aoki with Blue Man Group. I get inside the venue, and 100,000 people are heading for the exits. Luckily Sunday was amazing and might have saved EDC for me. I'll go again next year if Pasquale Rotella promises to secure the stages some how to prevent another Saturday disaster.

BTW even if it was only for a minute, it was good seeing you again scubagirl! it sucks how impossibly difficult it is meeting up with people once you're inside the speedway.

saturday being cancelled was probably one of the biggest letdowns of my entire life. I was set up for Feed Me, Bassnectar, Martin Solveig, Calvin Harris, Armin, Avicii, Tiesto, and Steve Aoki with Blue Man Group. I get inside the venue, and 100,000 people are heading for the exits. Luckily Sunday was amazing and might have saved EDC for me. I'll go again next year if Pasquale Rotella promises to secure the stages some how to prevent another Saturday disaster.

cancelled? how did that happen?

winds were gusting 40+MPH. once you were inside the speedway, it really didn't seem too bad, but i guess when the production stages are 80'+ tall the walls of the speedway don't protect them anymore. it was to protect the safety of the attendees, which is understood. what really pisses me off though is that after talking to some locals, vegas gets wind storms like that CONSTANTLY. while i do agree with the decision to shut it down, this was something that should have been prevented in the first place, either by tying everything down, properly securing everything, or whatever the hell they thought would be necessary to continue during what seems to be a somewhat common windstorm. luckily for me, even though i was highly disappointed by the fact saturday was cancelled, I WAS STILL IN VEGAS. :)