• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Nutmeg visuals

Tio

Greenlighter
What are nutmeg visuals/hallucinations like?(CEV and OEV). I'm about to try some but I'm just wondering what the visuals are like and have you ever had open eye hallucinations?

Drugs I have taken: Cannabis,Shrooms,LSD,Mescaline,DMT,AL-LAD,LSZ,1P-LSD,2CB,2CI,2CE,DOM,DOC,AMT,Codeine,Oxycodone,Fenanyl,Tramadol,Amphetamine,Xanax,Ambien,Salvia

Last edited:
What are nutmeg visuals/hallucinations like?(CEV and OEV). I'm about to try some but I'm just wondering what the visuals are like and have you ever had open eye hallucinations?

Drugs I have taken: Cannabis,Shrooms,LSD,Mescaline,DMT,AL-LAD,LSZ,1P-LSD,2CB,2CI,2CE,DOM,DOC,AMT,Codeine,Oxycodone,Fenanyl,Tramadol,Amphetamine,Xanax,Ambien,Salvia
If you have access to any of the drugs you listed, then nutmeg isn't even worth thinking about. Just sayin'
To answer your question, the main psychoactive ingredient in Nutmeg is Myristicin, which is a neurotoxic deliriant, and deliriants are the equivalent of a bad extra long lasting LSD trip. In other words, it sucks. A small part of myristicin is metabolized into something called MMDA (no, not MDMA), which is a decent enactogen. But nutmeg itself has very low concentrations of it. Nutmeg contains A LOT of toxic chemicals and cancer inducing agents, and eating lots of it will not be fun.

I only thought about trying it to see if it's good or not. Nutmeg doesn't cause any damage to your organs not even overdosing causes damage. There's been reports of people overdosing and all of them had their organs examined and found no abnormalities one of them being a 13 year old girl who took like 70 grams. Nutmeg is actually non neurotoxic so I don't know where you got from. myristicin is not metabolized into MMDA and hasn't been proven to do so, it only has a similar structure to MMDA and that's it. People say nutmeg is bad but some of those who says that are smoking meth every night and think that's ok to do. No offense if you do that but it's just annoying when someone comment on how bad a drug is when your exposing yourself to harm anyways

Oh. Here you are.
As far as neurotoxicity goes I don't know.
But I mean it is plant matter loaded with all kinds of shit.

I believe myristicin is like a precursor or some shit to whatever whatever.
I'd do it on a day where I didn't have shit to do or if I was really really fucking bored.

Whatever though.

I have heard stories about people having better memory after the high wore off from nutmeg so I guess it's the opposite of being neurotoxic I guess? Nutmeg deaths are EXTREMELY rare and the few people who die from it were probably's unhealthly or had heart problems.

In literature, cases of nutmeg abuse have been described repeatedly, but only one fatal case of poisoning was reported [1]. In the present case, myristicin (4 microg/ml) was detected for the first time in the postmortal serum of a 55-year-old woman. Identification was achieved with the aid of UV-VIS spectroscopy and TLC; for quantification, HPLC was used. Because also flunitrazepam (0.072 microg/ml) was found, death had probably been due to the combined toxic effect of both substances. From 1996 to 1998, in a series of cases, seven poisonings with nutmeg were recorded by the Erfurt Poison Information Centre. Even where higher doses (20-80 g of powder) had been ingested, a life-threatening situation was never observed. In one of these cases, a myristicin blood level of 2 microg/ml was measured 8h after ingestion of two to three tablespoonful of nutmeg powder (approx. 14-21 g, or 280-420 mg/kg).

I would "guess" that high doses of nutmeg is neurotoxic because that shit feels like poison.

6 hrs after taking what I think was 25 grams which is a near overdose, I was vomiting for 2 hrs straight, and it could have been dehydration or delirium, but I was seeing geometric patterns in the ceiling for 30 mins. The experience lasted about 3 days and will never be repeated.

If you want to enjoy nutmeg (aka if you are 1 in 1000 and take under 5-10 grams u won't hallucinate.

I have heard stories about people having better memory after the high wore off from nutmeg so I guess it's the opposite of being neurotoxic I guess? Nutmeg deaths are EXTREMELY rare and the few people who die from it were probably's unhealthly or had heart problems.

In literature, cases of nutmeg abuse have been described repeatedly, but only one fatal case of poisoning was reported [1]. In the present case, myristicin (4 microg/ml) was detected for the first time in the postmortal serum of a 55-year-old woman. Identification was achieved with the aid of UV-VIS spectroscopy and TLC; for quantification, HPLC was used. Because also flunitrazepam (0.072 microg/ml) was found, death had probably been due to the combined toxic effect of both substances. From 1996 to 1998, in a series of cases, seven poisonings with nutmeg were recorded by the Erfurt Poison Information Centre. Even where higher doses (20-80 g of powder) had been ingested, a life-threatening situation was never observed. In one of these cases, a myristicin blood level of 2 microg/ml was measured 8h after ingestion of two to three tablespoonful of nutmeg powder (approx. 14-21 g, or 280-420 mg/kg).
If you do a bit of research you will find that no real studies have been done, so there's no way you can be certain about it. Even Alexander Shulgin speculated that it can be metabolized into MMDA, however this has not been determined, so no one knows the real answer. As for nutmeg itself, I never said that you will overdose on it, the only thing I said is that it contains carcinogens, which is true. It contains Safrole, which is a confirmed carcinogen. You don't want to be stuffing that in your body.

I only thought about trying it to see if it's good or not. Nutmeg doesn't cause any damage to your organs not even overdosing causes damage. There's been reports of people overdosing and all of them had their organs examined and found no abnormalities one of them being a 13 year old girl who took like 70 grams. Nutmeg is actually non neurotoxic so I don't know where you got from. myristicin is not metabolized into MMDA and hasn't been proven to do so, it only has a similar structure to MMDA and that's it. People say nutmeg is bad but some of those who says that are smoking meth every night and think that's ok to do. No offense if you do that but it's just annoying when someone comment on how bad a drug is when your exposing yourself to harm anyways

Raw nutmeg consists of 5-15% essential oil by mass. 4-8.5% of nutmeg essential oil, or 0.2-1.3% of raw nutmeg, is myristicin. One study found 20 grams of nutmeg to contain 210 mg myristicin, 70 mg elemicin and 39 mg safrole. safrole is known to cause cancer. Look here . I found all this info on wikipedia

There's villages that take nutmeg for spirituality and they have not found a case of cancer. Taking in 39mg of safrole is better than drinking alcohol everyday so why would it matter? The FDA wouldn't approve it if it was bad. There's a lot of health benefits for nutmeg it's not just negative. Safrole is still regarded by FDA to be a weak carcinogen in rats so how bad it can be if it's weak for rats. They said safrole is equal to breathing in the air of a city and you and me been around cities does that mean we are going to get cancer?

Last edited:
25 grams is not a near overdose not a lot of people died at 80 grams never mind 25. You probably's vomited because you either had a weak stomach,lightweight or didn't drink enough water which a lot of people don't. You should drink 4 pints of water before taking nutmeg and 4 or more pints after then I guarantee that would get a rid of most of the side effects maybe not dry mouth.

Safrole is still regarded by FDA to be a weak carcinogen in rats so how bad it can be if it's weak for rats. They said safrole is equal to breathing in the air of a city and we've all been out there. If it was trhat bad the FDA wouldn't approve it as food

Christ guys, he's already decided he wants to do this and it seems this isn't a willynilly try to get high off whatever you can type decision. He's apparently researched it to the best of his abilities and has decided to go for it, even with the potential negatives. Granted I mostly agree if he has access to all those others then why bother, but some people just like to try different things, some aim to try all things. Something about it piqued his interest and thats that. There are plenty of people who would say why bother with anything other than LSD.

All he wanted to know was what kind of visuals he could potentially expect, or any sort of experiences from those who actually did attempt to take nutmeg at recreational doses. Unfortunately I don't have an answer as I always deemed nutmeg something not worth my time, but that doesn't mean its not worth yours if you're dead set on it. You know what can happen and I'm sure you know what to do in really bad scenarios to handle yourself.

@^ I don't think u can judge ppl who are offering advice based on direct experience.

@tio: Wat are u even talking about ?? You haven't even tried nutmeg urself before.

I'm not a lightweight, I drank water because I had extreme cottonmouth and bloodshot eyes and my stomach is not weak..

99% of people who take this substance swear to never repeat the experience. If that isn't telling I don't know what is.

Hzhrue9.jpg

I'm not aiming to go over 25 grams. I've already seen that but all I'm saying is that it's very hard to overdose on and the toxins aren't that bad after 1 use. I don't drink I probably only drank a couple of cans in my life so why should I even care about trace amounts of toxins. It might have carcinogens but it does have Myristicin which is extremely safe as far as drugs[FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica] go(safer than caffeine) and is used to fight several kinds of cancer. I've just did nutmeg I didn't vomit or anything and the symptoms weren't as bad as people as people say there are. The only symptoms I got was dry mouth and red eyes I didn't even have any stomach cramps never mind being close to vomiting. I think it might be because I'm really healthy I exercise,have a good diet,drink at least a gallon of water everyday and I have a healthy weight and physique. You can overdose on nutmeg but it's pretty hard and rare to find a case on nutmeg poisoning. When I'm about to do a drug I research the hell out of it so I don't end up taking it without knowing shit If this was dangerous I wouldn't of tried it. The nutmeg was ok I give it a score out of 6 or 7 I really liked the effects at the beginning but It last so long I'm still high from it last night. I'm Here's some info at the bottom of the toxicity

[/FONT]There are numerous reports of accidental poisonings and emergency room visits that help provide some extra information. In poisoning cases vitals are taken and organs are checked and monitored for abnormalities. Several case studies merit brief mention. The Journal of Internal Medicine reported on the case of a thirty-two-year-old man who sought emergency room care after ingesting seven grams of ground nutmeg (Sjoholm et al. 1998). The hospital ran tests on the man and found that his blood count, electrolyte levels, calcium and liver enzymes were all within normal ranges. The Journal of Clinical Toxicology also reported on a nutmeg poisoning case involving a thirteen-year-old who had ingested 15-25 grams of nutmeg (Sangalli & Chiang 2000). Tests conducted on the boy showed that electrolyte levels, renal and liver function, urinalysis, hematology, and a pelvic ultrasound all returned without abnormality. Almost all cases of nutmeg poisoning are resolved without note and most emergency room visits are accounted for by accidental poisonings or by panic reactions.

There's villages that take nutmeg for spirituality and they have not found a case of cancer. Taking in 39mg of safrole is better than drinking alcohol everyday so why would it matter? The FDA wouldn't approve it if it was bad. There's a lot of health benefits for nutmeg it's not just negative. Safrole is still regarded by FDA to be a weak carcinogen in rats so how bad it can be if it's weak for rats. They said safrole is equal to breathing in the air of a city and you and me been around cities does that mean we are going to get cancer?

Didn't know the FDA approved taking huge amounts of nutmeg to get high .. This is a first on me . I knew it was approved as a spice which is usually used in extremely small doses on your food .

Tio, BL is about harm reduction, so I'm not sure why you expected people to cheer on deliriant use. Have you tried diphenhydramine (benedryl)? At high doses it also works as a deliriant and is very unpleasant, but not as long lasting.

Seriously go on Erowid and look up the stats for ANY deliriant, it's like 20 train wrecks for every one 'good' experience.

But you seem to have already made up your mind. Just make sure you have one or (preferably) two trip sitters that are informed about what they might be in for in regards to restraining you/ getting you medical attention.

I wouldn't try diphenhydramine anyways. Alot of people say nutmeg is better than dph which can actually be frightening I heard stories about people seeing spiders crawl into their skin but you don't hear that about nutmeg the only bad thing about it is the symptoms no scary shit what dph does. I've already tried nutmeg a day ago it was ok I would give it a 8 if it wasn't too long. If your hydrated drinking at least a gallon of water 4 pints before ingestion and 4 pints after then you'll be ok and it ill get a rid of most of the symptoms like stomach cramps and that only happens because people aren't drinking enough water. It was quite a nice high the only bad thing was red eyes and dry mouth. I didn't get any paranoia like I do with weed but I din't feel like I damged my body like how I feel when I do alcohol. I was doing strength and speed training in the morning where I was still high but I got through it with no problem I didn't go 100% but If I didn't feel as mentally tired or unmotivated from the nutmeg I probably would of went how I normal would. My body didn't feel weak everything felt strong and normal. Nutmeg is not as bad as what people think what it is. They are quite bias and some of them clearly didn't do enough research and listen to the "nutmeg kills people" propaganda when there's only been 1 case of nutmeg poisoning and that was a 60 year old women who was taking other drugs with it like benzo's and she probably only died of respiratory depression. Please go read this https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154779