• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants numbness/redness in arm after injecting two 20mg methylphenidate (ritalin) yellow Vs

R

rigd19218

ok so i did a shot in the bend of my arm of generic 20 mg ritalin and i missed a little bit but got most of it in my vein, i used the smaller vein in the bend of my left arm beside the larger main vein most people use. keep in mind i had a flu shot in that same arm about 4 hours before this happend and fully missed a shot of meth in the main bigger vein about 2.5 days prior. after missing the ritalin just now it became very red and i got full numbness on and all around the injection site (from mid forearm to mid bicep). YES I KNOW IM A COMPLETE IDIOT AND HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND FEEL LIKE I AMOUNT TO NOTHNG BECAUSE OF WHAT I DID TO MYSELF.. please dont hate on me because i already hate myself even more. i am only 19 years old and all i want to know is what could have possibly happened with the missed ritalin shot and how i can fix it without help from a doctor. i cant have my parents see me like this. if it gets that much worse i will by all means go to the ER and have them help me i just need help with what to do at home to fix the numbness and redness. thank you guys so much for understanding that ive hit a low point and feel like complete garbage

- why is there numbness
-redness
- as i typed this the numbness is slowly getting better. AGAIN keep in mind i missed meth 2 days ago and got a flu shot 4 hours ago all in the same arm

Go to the hospital or emergency room NOW. Tell them which drugs you took, and what's happening. Seriously go get medical help you will not get into legal trouble for doing this. People have lost limbs and died from injecting pills.

Are you OK? Did you get medical help? Please reply.

Last edited:
as i typed this the numbness is slowly getting better. AGAIN keep in mind i missed meth 2 days ago and got a flu shot 4 hours ago all in the same arm

Checking in on you. Did your arm get better or did you end up seeking medical attention? I hope that you are alright. Everyone hits a low point at least once in their life. Even those who don't use drugs. You are young, you have your whole life to look forward too. You just need to get to a place where you can see that and that things are not always as bad aas ytou might think they are. Do you have anyone you trust that you can talk to about wherever it is that has brought you to this low point? Also you should try to give your veins a vacation, they using your stuff with a different route. E.g snort or smoke maybe. I know its not the same but shooting it can't be worth losing a limb or worse... Sorry not trying to lecture or "mother" you, only trying to look out for you and help ifd I can.
I truly hope you are OK and that your arm is better now.
I'm around I'd you need a friend or just someone to talk too.
Stay True & Blue,
Nova~Rae

I'll just say I had the numb thing happen once, but it was better within 30 minutes. I think I got a nerve or something and that's what causes the numbness.... It was scary as hell especially as it was right before work, but fortunately it was better after my shower.

Dude i hope you're okay. I really hope you went to the hospital. I can relate to your Methylphenidate addiction as I am a Coke and Methylphenidate addict. However, I never have thought about injecting methylphenidate as the pills have binders/fillers. I'm prescribed 90 20mg IR. But no matter what form of Methylphenidate (Methylin, Ritalin, Concerta, Etc) it's NOT Safe to I.V. this substance. Also, I hate to encourage this... but I know how psychological Methylphenidate addiction is. It's just as addicting as Coke for me. but if you can not stay off Ritalin please don't use IV as a ROA. It's not viable as it poses too many risks. I take my opiates and benzodiazepines as prescribed, however I snort methylphenidate 60-100mg along w/ coke daily and I know it's still not healthy. But it's safer than IVing Methylphenidate, or any substance too be honest.

I would definitely go to the hospital. 100%, you should get medical attention. Methylphenidate (Ritalin) pill are well-known to cause complications when folks attempt to inject them. To be clear, I mean that Methylphenidate pills are in a class which seem to cause complications at a higher rate than even other pills. I've seen first-hand at least 2 instances of Methylphenidate injection leading to Cellulitis -> Abscess. Sadly, it was the same person both times...

OP hopefully you have had your arm looked at by now. I'm more concerned for your mental health! It is never good to feel like garbage.

I hope you have someone that you can talk to. If not talk to your local crisis center. The people who work there will actively listen to you and perhaps make a suggestion that you find helpful. I know I've called my local crisis center in the past and I felt a little lighter having talked to them.

It would be great to hear from you and get an update!