• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - caught with weed, wasnt weighed. wasnt arrested.

axehand

Bluelighter
hey guys the other night my friend and i were parked in a reserve chillin and getting up to no good (obviously).

as we finished, the cops entered the reserve in a patrol car (2 officers) and at this point i was standing near my car and i lit a ciggie.

They began questioning us (the substance in question was ritalin, and my friend has a prescription so no dramas there) and began searching my car thoroughly and proceeded to search me and my friend.

At one point one of the officers says "sir is this your cannabis here?"

fuck, id forgotten id left a tin with some bud in it from a week before. So they ran a check with the station (id been cautioned for having a stick of weed on me about 2 years ago, im 21 now)

So here is where things got interesting. He asked us numerous times wether we were smoking it and we denied it every time (id forgotten it was there). The bud was in a plastic baggie,which was inside a zippo tin. He asked us "how much do you think this weighs" to which we replied "not sure, maybe half a gram? honestly couldnt tell you".

He wrote me another caution, made me sign off that it weighed 0.5 and they let us go.

Shouldnt they have taken me down to the station?
Shouldnt they have made me sign an evidence bag containing the bud for archiving?

the reason i am asking is because i later received a call saying that this is my 2nd warning and that next time i will get a conviction... but i think its all a bit sus.

Any thoughts? i realse i got off easy but id rather have that 2nd warning for some other time in the future if that makes sense.

EDIT: i just checked my caution.where it says "the weight of the cannabis has been estimated in my presence and sealed in security bag number" it only says "0.5 gram" what does this mean?

I think what's happened is that they're not going to do anything now, but if you ever get caught again and it goes to court they'll bring up the previous two warnings and use them against you. They won't need to keep it as evidence because you've signed the estimated weight which is all that matters. If you'd been charged with anything you'd definitely know about it.

I wouldn't be too worried - but it'd be very much in your interests not to be caught again...

(disclaimer: all of the above are assumptions I've made based on my own logic and not on actual legal knowledge)

Yeah I've been caught my cops numerous times. One time was half an ounce of hydro, stupidly poking out of my pocket while walking past two officers on bicycles (man cops look SOOO GAY in bikepants i couldnt stop smirking) After they asked a few times where I had bought it, they finally took my word for it that I found it in the skate park when i was actually looking for a deal. Lucky they bought it.

Anyway, They wrote it down as a few grams if i remember correctly. And took it, got my details, I never went to the station and was never arrested. I've been caught with 50's, 25ers, little chunks and giant amounts of leaf/tip before, and every time except for the fifty (that was stolen in a search, and he told us he didnt find anything......), I was allowed to keep my weed. Often officers who let me keep it kept it secret from their partner(s).

NSW, ESPECIALLY regional NSW cops, won't give a shit unless the same ones keep busting you.

Tip: If you're going to buy big amounts of pot, wear some shorts/pants with decent pockets, slim the deal out flat as u can without crushing the buds, and then wear a pair of long pants or something over that.. Anything under your first layer of leg clothing is underwear to them. Which means they havwe to arrest you on something decent, take u to the station and then .. yeah... strip search :p Which you can rerquest a different cop do it if u dont like the look of one, but you're not allowed to get females to do it.. which sucks ass.. but try the infinite "new cop please" loop to pause the dreaded experience, because they will touch everywhere on your body, and they'll say things after like "reckon he's carrying anything inside?" to the other cops for scare tactics.

Anyway enuff rambling, I say you'll be fine, don't get caught by the same coppers again and smoke at your house, or places with no regular copcar loop

Although, I'd be more concerned about the cops hassling your friend with the Ritalin bottle, seeing if he is selling or giving them away. But since they didn't ask him shit, I'd say thats 100% fine too..

Just be careful from now on.

cool thanks for that clarification. damn that sucks, now im on 2 warnings. yeah he didint seem to care too much about the ritalin. hmmm i wonder where that bud went? ;)