• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NSW:Byron]Splendor in the grass 2006 July 22 & 23 REVIEWS!

Got my tickets in teh mail yesterday!!!!

oooooohhhh so exciting!!!!

i just had a look at the timetable...

there is a set on the mainstage with ????? there on the sunday

im not the smartest person in the world, but i would put some money on it being Arctic Monkeys...

I won't be able to attend the meet up. I'm allergic to greenlighters.

And popavich always smells like cat semen :\

Looking at timetable.....Hmmm whats this I see.....
unknown2zu.jpg

that is what i was talking about

i suggest the following 3 bands could be filling that spot...

The Arctic Monkeys - They are touring just the week after, much speculation over them "NOT" doing splendour
The Strokes - Who are over also...
The Eels - who are playing a show that week in sydney

Ha ha ha... i just noticed Sarah Tonin... that would be cool,. the Tipi doof area has always been cool for a stomp...

my money's on the arctic monkeys - would that be fuggen COOL or what?

chopsie mentioned sarah tonin - how bout meeing up at the teepee forest entrance right before she's due to start - jsut so we can "eye each other off" so to speak, make introductions to first time meet-up attendees, that kinda thing??

-=DLouD247=D-

1.LouD247
2.renjii
3.pops
4.nickyj
5.IWoody
6.Bearnan21
7.chopped_chimp
8. villz

Only ever been to 1 meetup before, about 4 years ago...
Is there a time and place organised?

1.LouD247
2.renjii
3.pops
4.nickyj
5.IWoody
6.Bearnan21
7.chopped_chimp
8. villz
9. mary poppins

if i can get my shit together i'll come and meet some bluelighters. can't promise i'll be in any comprehensible state, but whatever.

p.s. as for the mysetery spot, i wish it was the eels or the strokes not the arctic monkeys.

they're ok, and a bit of fun, but nothing to write home about.

The mystery spot is 45 minutes of me drinking beer and getting naked with stategically placed bulberators. See you all there! :D

chopped_chimp said:
Whats are the chances of dogs at this thing? Anyone heard anything?

No dogs, but compulsory cavity searches I'm afraid :\ Just try to relax and it'll all be over as soon as possible

chopped_chimp said:
Whats are the chances of dogs at this thing? Anyone heard anything?

After attending Splendour two yrs ago (wow its been that long already) i cn say i didnt see any dogs. But theres a risk of them at every licenced event really. There is a lot of security and police patrolling so i would try to encourage you to not do anything stupid. Security and police are mainly there for your own protection :)

Wish i was comming!

So who is going to be at the campgrounds? Id definitly be keen to meet up with a few people. It would be good to meet up early and say hello, and make possible plans before things start getting messy...

which is why i suggested sarah tonin - she's on at 2 - so (I'll assume) we'll all be nicely juiced but not destroyed - plus there's the option to go stomp it out to her for a bit in the afternoon (praying for it) sunshine...
any better suggestions?

maybe the railway hotel on friday night? - i hear it's nowhere near as bad as the great northern in terms of packedness

-=DLouD247=D-