• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[NSW:Byron]Splendor in the grass 2006 July 22 & 23 REVIEWS!

leecie

Bluelight Crew
The line up so far is HUGE!! so if you have never been and still don't dig the line up still GO!!! its the best festival in australia! NO doubt about it!!

SATURDAY JULY 22ND

Sonic Youth, Grinspoon, DJ Shadow, The Grates, Death Cab for Cutie, TV on the Radio, Augie March, The Avalanches (DJ set), Youth Group, Brittle Fex, Atmosphere and Paul Mac

SUNDAY JULY 23RD

Brian Wilson, Wolfmother, Scissor Sisters, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jose Gonzalez, Snow Patrol, You Am I, Decoder Ring, The Presets, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Zutons, Matisyahu and Clare Bowditch & Feeding Set

knock yourselves out guys!

Last edited:
ps. can someone add all the other essential info and i'll edit the first post.

Going too!!

seems almost everyone "cool" I know are going....

well we all have been before thats why were cool!

the all important question...
bluelighter meetup friday night at the great northern?
i got my ticket this morning... woohoo - 3 years running!

-=DLouD247=D-

No meet up for me, I won't be getting to Byron till around kick off time on Saturday. (And I'm likely to be bent out of my tree just for the record :))

I'll be there from Friday night, but since I'm camping (and to quote NickyJ: "I'm likely to be bent out of my tree") I reckon any planned meetup would be better arranged for sometime on the Saturday.

Of course the problem with that is trying to arrange a time and place that everyone is going to remember after being out of contact with BL for a couple of days. 8(

from previous experiences... the best place to meet anyone is outside the Tiki bar, there is only one of them and there is only one enterance...

set a time and look for people looking for people ;)

and best avoiding great northern on the friday before splendour... espically if your thirsty, the time it takes to get a drink at that place is just fuckin crazy

have fun fuckers... ;)

Pop Popavich said:
Of course the problem with that is trying to arrange a time and place that everyone is going to remember after being out of contact with BL for a couple of days. 8(

You could always set one of those lovely voice reminders in your phone ;)

I wish I was going to this.

Have fun kids!

i just checked the website again - the second release hasn't sold out yet - so those of you umming and arring about going get of your butts and get yourself a ticket!!!

-=DLouD247=D-

p.s. as for meetup - anyone have any good suggestions? chopsie's idea is working for me so far...

Hell yeah, so close now!!
I went 2 years ago and had a ball, will be better this time with more friends. There is still tickets for sale now, at 7pm est, i just booked one for my friend who thought all was lost.

Cant wait, only 2 more weeks then the fun begins!!8( 8( 8(

attendance rollcall please??

1.LouD247
2.renjii
3.pops
4.nickyj
5.IWoody
who else?

-=DLouD247=D-

last week jay and the doctor from jjj`s breaky show had the last 2 tix but i think they gave em away on friday

in the quiet words of the virgin mary...
come again???

-=DLouD247=D-

Australian radio station Tripple J had the last 2 tix to Splendor in the grass and were giving them away. They gave them away on friday

whoah - someone was wrecked when he last posted - hahah8)

only two weeks to go kiddies - have we got a definite meetup plan? timetable was announced today along with the site map - can i suggest everyone who is going has a peek?
that is failing a friday night meetup...
which i feel would be a good idea - who's camping at belongil/staying in hotels/camping elswhere?

-=DLoud247=D-