• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Now that your clean and sober, what helps you sleep?

TheBeardedMasonite

Bluelighter
I'm just curious how other insomniacs sleep! I'm prescribed 300mg seroquel and 200mg-300mg trazodone. It helps but, sometimes my brain laughs at the attempt.

Update* the seroquel has started to kick ass, safe travels everyone

Last edited:
For me being sober period helps me sleep as alcohol is my DOC, and it's well known that alcohol fucks up your sleep. Other than that EXERCISE and keeping a daily routine.

i was first treated for insomnia when i was still at primary school. even as a baby and a child, my mum had to hold me for there to be any chance of me falling asleep, so i've had long term insomnia problems, which was one of the major draws of downers.

i now sleep better than ever, completely clean. i have quite a good routine, read before bed, usually get up the same time (though today i slept in til 10!) and go to bed the same time. exercise 3-4 times a week. meditate daily. it took a long time after getting clean to stabilise. i needed sleeping pills a couple of times a week for the first 3 months.

Nice, exercise is a huge one! Even when I was in the military and running pushups etc I still couldn't sleep. I used over the counter sleep aids and they hardly worked. I meditate daily, I should try yoga. I was the same way as a kid chinup, I didn't have a mom around and my pops worked two jobs. Life was tough back then. I'm liking your guys responses! Thank you guys!

I put on headphones and listen to guided relaxation meditation videos on youtube.
Even in withdrawals I find they really help as it gives you something to focus on with your eyes closed. I personally find it pure hell if Im trying to sleep but have no other sensations other than the feverish thoughts and the pain in the legs you get.

Kratom is my most life changing tip to help my insomnia.
My girlfriend recommended me to use it, when she saw that i couldn't sleep. Worries would keep me up all night.
Maeng Da Kratom helps me the best to sleep deep, but Bali Kratom makes me also a more happy.
It has been a life saver. What i love the most is that it doesn't give me any side effects, like medicine do. It's herbal so.. check it out, if you want something else.

no sourcing cj
Funny thing, I was in Bali last year and fucking noone knew what kratom was. I only found one place in Borneo that I could buy it. There was apparently one other Kratom Bar but it was closed on the day I tried to check it out. Apparently its more popular in the rest of Indonesia. Made me think that a lot of Kratom called Bali Kratom is probably from somewhere else in Indonesia but they mention Bali as westerners are more familiar with that name.

Fair warning I had a very bad Kratom addiction whichh almost cost me my family...

These days I have a couple big ass double cups of chamomile and vistaril and benadryl. Vistaril is prescription only but even rehabs give it out I highly recommend it. 125mg seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I also exercise and meditate while watching TV every night until I'm almost immersed in my show that usually helps.