• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Now, enter grey area. Hypodermic Needles!

I never return them, but I always responsibly dispose of them in a public bin. and FUCK NSW needle exchanges they suck balls!!

Splatt said:
would prefer if you gave them to a worker at a hospital or exchange.

My mate returned a cannister at a country hospital (they had a needle exchange sticker) and the lady a recption just looked at him with disgust and was like- 'What do you want me to do with that?! Go throw it in the bin outside'- if he hadn't have been so shocked he would have thrown it at her. Old cow...

Chronik Fatigue said:
My mate returned a cannister at a country hospital (they had a needle exchange sticker) and the lady a recption just looked at him with disgust and was like- 'What do you want me to do with that?! Go throw it in the bin outside'- if he hadn't have been so shocked he would have thrown it at her. Old cow...

When, once upon a time, I lived in San Fran, I used to find so many spent rigs and spikes around, I took to carrying a jar of bleach solution around, and tongs to pick em up. I almost sat on one once, fucking gross.:X

They definitely re use them. They are always scratched up, and the lid is broken off.. the only new part is the divider installed where the spring closed used-needle area is. They are sticky taped and the hinges are broken. Maybe not all vending machine places do this though.

fasteddie said:
Just put a strip of clear packing tape around the barrel. I use syringes in the lab, they're not easy for me to come by, so that's what I do.
Thats a great idea.. never thought of that... But if its GBL you come by it would make the tape come off pretty quickly but i will try it!

Splatt said:
Thats a great idea.. never thought of that... But if its GBL you come by it would make the tape come off pretty quickly but i will try it!

In the good old days when I could get GBL, I had a 2 ml glass pipette to measure it, and a special glass acquired in a thrift store to consume it. Nasty tasting, ohmygod, but a great buzz.

I'd just like to add I heard from a nurse(RN), hospitals in NSW (not sure bout QLD or other states) must give out to anyone that asks for needles and they cannot report it to officials.

I used to have no problem selling them, just handed them over no questions asked. But I've been held up and now refuse anyone. No matter what the story. Diabetics go to known D.A. outlets to get them. Not saying everyone who gets them is like this, because I know they aren't. But I just don't want to attract those sort of people who are. Unfortunately the best way to go about doing that as far as a lot of pharmacists are concerned is a blanket policy not to supply.

And usually the more elaborate the story attached with a request, the more likely it is BS

That's fucking shit though, who cares if a needle user is in your shop for a minute, would you rather them share needles then go around fucking chicks and spreading diseases, possibly into someone you know?

Not all IV users are addicts, some use only every few months but just want to get something out of a shit drug like meth other than a simple awake-feeling

Yeah that's my point exactly. Majority of people are completely fine. But there's that small majority of people who just make it hard for every one. There are plenty of other places to get fits from, people don't have to share. I'm not rude, I just say that I don't sell them. I'll even tell them where they can get them. I've just had bad experiences with a small percentage of people who are after them when I have sold them. Stealing, being abusive, harassing other customers etc...so I don't have anything to do with it any more. Besides, there is a growing view in pharmacy that it should be left to needle exchanges to deal with, as it goes against our professional obligations on the grounds of quality use of medicines. No point in cracking down on pseudoephedrine diversion, forged rx's and codeine if we are going to support it in other ways.

merck17 said:
No point in cracking down on pseudoephedrine diversion, forged rx's and codeine if we are going to support it in other ways.

What is "it"?

merck17 said:
drug misuse

What is "drug misuse"?

Selling sterile injecting equipment supports safer drug use - we know it reduces harms to both people who inject and the wider community, without increasing the numbers of people injecting or the amounts injected by those who do.

Cracking down on individuals purchasing pseudoephedrine containing medications is a much more questionable strategy - there's no evidence that this impacts on the availability of methamphetamine. We do know that there has been an increase in both armed robberies and break-ins at pharmacies...

Also it is a pain in the arse when you get hassled for trying to get some relief from a cold.

For OTC codeine - if you suspect recreational use I'd be focusing on harm reduction info rather than "cracking down"

I've got no problem with preventing use of forged scripts - that's just good professional practice.

But then - so is selling needles/syringes, if you get my drift...

If you suspect recreational use, you refuse the sale.

All I'm saying is, that there are other ways to get clean fits and I don't feel that it is my responsibility to sell them. It has nothing to do with good professional practice and the Pharmacy Guild fully support that point of view. Pharmacists jobs are about the quality and safe use of therapeutic medicines.

I don't hassle people about OTC Cold and Flu. I'm very anti PE, I think it is a waste of time any money. If the person comes up clean in the system and I'm happy with their need then they can have it. It's pretty easy to pick a shopper from a genuine supply.

The Pharmacy Guild here in Queensland are very supportive of harm reduction, and they clearly believe that pharmacists have a role in reducing the harm from blood borne viruses by supplying clean injecting equipment. Check their website some time.

And they also support quite strongly pharmacists who choose not to stock them. I have spoken with the guild on this matter before. I really don't see what the problem is? I believe it is my choice and works best for my situation and experiences.