• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Now, enter grey area. Hypodermic Needles!

I do use to wipe after injecting, just because it's habit and makes it psychologically kick in the hit a bit more for me.. :) But they are supposed to be used for pre injection.. But you have to wait for the isopropyl to dry before putting the needle in then.. too long! :)

I just let it sit there and hold my arm up so it stops the blood coming out.. Love teh swab!! toilet paper or tissues dont compare!

^wow interesting - haven't heard that one before.

If you swab before you mix up it should be dry by the time you're ready to go...

I like to swab everything, spoon, fingers (for rolling up cotton balls), arm. Plus, you should only use a swab for a single wipe, so I find I use a lot. Cleanliness is next to godliness ;)

As far as legality regarding needles (from memory...people at needle exchanges will give you the proper knowledge), it has something to do with being okay to be in possession of them, but if you're carrying around used ones (which have drugs in them) then you can get done for self-administration. Something along those lines. I found this on the ADCA website but it's from 2000:

This issue highlights the ludicrous situation whereby it is legal to possess an instrument (needle and syringe) for injecting illicit drugs, but it is illegal to inject, or self-administer, the drug. Self-administration is a criminal offence in all jurisdictions, except Queensland, where it has never been a criminal offence.

Hope that helps, and if I find a more up-to-date reference I'll post that.

Sharps are illegal to have in possession if they are not in a hard plastic container if used, for drugs or not. For other peoples safety ofcourse.

Last edited:
ActionJaxn said:
Splatt, when will the continual embellishment/outright lies/bullshit stop dribbling out of your mouth? To have 'Moderator' under your name detracts from the credibility of Bluelight & the harm reduction effort full stop.

Regards,
Diabetic

I feel the need to explain why I said belonging to the Diabetics Society thing will work. Because when I needed a needle one night in Surfers, the chemist was asking If I belong to that group. I said no my friend feels an episode coming on and he's left half of his erquipment at home, I had to rush here to get it. And they sold me the syringes. Otherwise, I'd like you to explain the "continual lies/bullshit/embellishment" to me in private or just keep it to yourself.

When you inject you should always take a clean swab to wipe the site prior to injection then after you pull the needle always take another clean swab and apply firm pressure to injection site for a few minutes; This will reduce vein bruising and is standard procedure in a hospital or doctors surgery.

I normally just swab wipe a few times down afterwards and then apply pressure until it stops bleeding.. Playing with it too much though can cause lumps for a few hours. I like to wash a hot shower before doing it anyway so I'm normally clean there.

ive never had anything bigger then a tiny red pinprick that lasts at max 6 or 8 hours

essentially if ive slept after IVing, theres no noticeable trace. (bar using a magnifying glass)

Thats why G is so good on IVing stims.. cos it repairs your skin while letting you sleep.

back to the original topic... I recently moved from melbourne to central vic, and have a legitimate medical condition requiring subcut medication which i inject myself, as i'm a lazy arse and wouldn't go to the docs to get it. while in melb i never had a problem getting needles, but after moving to a small country town have found it nearly impossible to get them. I have been asked to leave 3 chemists with a "sorry we can't help you" even after producing the script for a clearly injectable medication. Most chemists here don't stock the medication, and all are happy to order in the drug, but WON'T supply the needles to administer it, apparently they have a "no needles policy" in most chemists here. Some have offered me syringes but no needles... So short of shooting it down my throat with the syringe i'm stuffed. I'd be really interested to know the legalities of this if any one can help?

^^^

Sorry to hear that bnl05... perhaps if you have an approximate location, like which town you're in, someone here might be able to point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately these sorts of attitudes are commonplace in regional pharmacies, not just to anything regarding drugs but even things like contraception.

Splatt said:
I feel the need to explain why I said belonging to the Diabetics Society thing will work. Because when I needed a needle one night in Surfers, the chemist was asking If I belong to that group. I said no my friend feels an episode coming on and he's left half of his erquipment at home, I had to rush here to get it. And they sold me the syringes. Otherwise, I'd like you to explain the "continual lies/bullshit/embellishment" to me in private or just keep it to yourself.

Don't mean to get involved but did you ever consider that perhaps the chemist was giving you the run around? He probably didn't want to outright refuse (because we all know how junkies react when you say no! 8)) and thought he could bluff you. Sounds like a bs line to me

stealthtrucker said:
When you inject you should always take a clean swab to wipe the site prior to injection then after you pull the needle always take another clean swab and apply firm pressure to injection site for a few minutes; This will reduce vein bruising and is standard procedure in a hospital or doctors surgery.

Nah, isopropyl can cause scarring. Just apply pressure with your hand or tissue or something. If you leave the fit in for awhile then you get minimal blood anyway.

Yeah I did but quickly dismissed it after injecting some ice in front of my mates car in a parking lot using his head lights to see my veins. Ahh the junky life.. Not for me anymore.. Fuck meth.

You're probably right, he was just testing me. But then I said it was for a mate. I'm sure if you went and and said a friend is an addict and is going to re-use an old needle he found in public or something though, they can't refuse to sell to you. You don't need a script for needles.

Here's a site for animal supplies (soprry, no ketamine people!) they only sell animal deworming rededies, creams and nutrients etc.. but they also sell needles. Can't see why their 29G Ultra fine 1ml Insulin syringes can't be used on humans... Link here Or if this link is removed (even though its for harm minimisation), search google.com.au, click australia only, and type in 27G syringes pharmacy or something like that.

Splatt - I know what your talking about the swab making it help kick in, something about the smell of a swab that reminds me of good tastes.;)

Splatt said:
I'm sure if you went and and said a friend is an addict and is going to re-use an old needle he found in public or something though, they can't refuse to sell to you. You don't need a script for needles.

That's not true, any pharmacist can refuse to sell whatever they want. Not all pharmacists in Qld supply fit packs. Those who do sell them are the ones who believe in harm reduction. Some pharmacists have ethical issues, others are just arseholes who don't like people who use drugs.

Whatever the case, it's up to individual pharmacists to decide what they do or don't stock. If one pharmacy doesn't sell fit packs, keep looking around until you find one that does.

Also a lot of hospital emergency departments and government community health centres supply free injecting equipment too.

bnl05 said:
back to the original topic... I recently moved from melbourne to central vic, and have a legitimate medical condition requiring subcut medication which i inject myself, as i'm a lazy arse and wouldn't go to the docs to get it. while in melb i never had a problem getting needles, but after moving to a small country town have found it nearly impossible to get them.

If you ring Direct Line on 1800 888 236 (24 hr Vic only) they will tell you where the nearest needle exchange is to you. Basically if the chemist doesn't sell them, that's their look out. But who cares - you can get free ones.

I goto a big Pharmacy for 3ml syringes a lot, the needle-less ones, just for measuring G (they are only 15c there, other places charge like 50c etc., and those numbers come off way too easily so u can't keep re-using plungers) 5ml ones or measuring cups just aren't precise enough. And this main big one I goto, one older woman always says she doesn't have them. I say I am prescribed Zyrem (lol!) and its a rare new medecine I need to measure out precisely and it is not injected it is put into a drink at night before bed to stop cataplexy attacks the next day, but the measurements need to be very precise or sever side effects can happen.

Well, I am half telling the truth :) Good she doesn't know what Zyrem is. Probably thinks its some vitamen oil. But yeah some big pharmacists will say they don't sell needles when they obviously do. Because at times I've been refused, the next day a different person smiles and hands you a fit pack, or upto 50 needles, whatever you want.

Just wondering, out of all the people that inject and actually put the used fits in the black boxes or the yellow cylinders.. do you return them or just throw them in a bin. QLD Law says it is not illegal to throw them in public bins if they are in those safe proof springed containers, but they say they would prefer if you gave them to a worker at a hospital or exchange. But yeah, wondering how much people actually take them back.

Did you know the black boxes at Hospital needle/condom vending machines re-use the black boxes? Not that it really matters, since the springed safe area of the box where you put used fits into is divided from the other area and everything on the other side is packaged (water, picks and swabs), but wonder if they actually clean it, after they pull out the used fit dividing locked part and replace it with a new one, and how much before taping the lid back on wirth sticky tape and re fill that box with the goods to be put on sale again.

At least we know some people are returning them to those safe bins then.

Splatt said:
those numbers come off way too easily so u can't keep re-using plungers)

Just put a strip of clear packing tape around the barrel. I use syringes in the lab, they're not easy for me to come by, so that's what I do.