• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Now, enter grey area. Hypodermic Needles!

Dars

Greenlighter
Ok, now this ISNT what your thinking. I'm not intrested in doing meth, heroine, or injecting any illegal drugs into myself. However, I'm more curious on the actual legality and laws behind the buying of them.

I had alook around and the nobody really sold them. Except chemists. BUT would a chemist sell them to anybody. Do chemists only sell limited ammounts? Do you have to be 18? Is it at their desretion? Do you need a medical reason? etc.

Anyone want to fill the gaps :p?

If you find a local needle exchange they should be able to help you out, usually free of charge, and also provide you with any advice you may rquire.

In QLD there is QHIHN there are about 5 offices and you can get free sharps kits anywhere from 5 - 100 needles with swabs, filters, disposal container and water for around 40c per vial. They are government funded and a wonderful service.

65% of chemists in qld will sell a sharps kit for around $5 and contains what you need.

NSW is fucked and you are limited to shitty vending machines out the front of some hospitals and you get no filters!!!!!!! So much for harm reduction!!

Also not as many chemists sell them in NSW and its impossible to find filters but one thing is NSW give you 29 guage needles instead of the 27 guage in qld which is just a thinner needle on the end.

I dont know about other states but ASIAK its legal to posscess needls etc as long as they are un-opened

Most towns with a hospital should have a needle and syringe service or a needle/syringe dispenser. You can get them for free or a couple of bucks no questions asked.

http://www.adin.com.au/content.asp?Document_ID=38

Alcohol and Drug Info service. This site will give you directions as to your state run service. Ring the toll free line and ask them where your nearest needle/syringe exchange is located.

Also, and I'm not sure how it is in Austrailia, but over here in America (more specifically California) I know that needles are a "Right To Life" for individuals suffering from diabetes, so by law pharmacies are required to sell insulin syringes to such individuals. As imagined, though, if you are crafty enough and have a viable and solid story, you can get syringes using said method.

Needle exchange is probably easier and even better if you have one close by; I've heard that Aussie is light years ahead of the US concerning needle exchanges. Damn US government and their views on such; more damage done in my opinion, shameful on the US front concerning this public health issue (one example of many health policies that we sorely lack upon).

George W. Bush's visual interpretation of the US needle exchange program, Texas style :

bush_corn.jpg
Caption : "Damn hippies"

Last edited:
Should have mentioned I'm in melbourne :p

Hmm thanks for the information guys. Though, my local 'needle exchange' seems to have to make apointments.. Which would be abit iffy to me TBH.

Perhaps I'll just walk into the chemist and ask them :)

edit; correction, one nearby (subburb across) seems to just be 'walk in' :)

Last edited:
A chemist will be able to supply them for you. If they don't just make up a story about your friend needing them and he is in the Australian Diabetic Society and he has lost his needles in a mates car that drove home and has been drinking. If they say no then don't get aggressive but ask for their names and say if my friend dies you are responsible. It should cost $5-6 for about 5 picks, with a bigt yellow sharps proof container, some injectable water and some swabs, no filters though. You will probably have to resort to buying Ultra-Slim Venti's off a tobacconist or supermarket, and cutting a little piece off the inside of it. Remember to wet the filter a tiny bit first (~5 units) or it will be harder to draw up. Hospitals in NSW have vending machines for $2, always in a non busy part of the outside area, which are a black box containing 5 27G 1ml picks with 5 swabs and some water. Needle exhcnages aren't always open but the hospital always is. If you say you NEED them or a friend will re-use an old possibnle HIV infectyed needlke, they cannot refuse you and will give you a few for free. I know someone that goes into different hospitals to get his rigs, he is a real junky, every day ice/base/speed/pill/whatever user and he goes into hospitals saying he is a drug dealer and wants to give people new syringes for safety and he says that works, I don't think admitting to dealing is a great idea though.

Splatt said:
A chemist will be able to supply them for you. If they don't just make up a story about your friend needing them and he is in the Australian Diabetic Society and he has lost his needles in a mates car that drove home and has been drinking. If they say no then don't get aggressive but ask for their names and say if my friend dies you are responsible. It should cost $5-6 for about 5 picks, with a bigt yellow sharps proof container, some injectable water and some swabs, no filters though. You will probably have to resort to buying Ultra-Slim Venti's off a tobacconist or supermarket, and cutting a little piece off the inside of it. Remember to wet the filter a tiny bit first (~5 units) or it will be harder to draw up. Hospitals in NSW have vending machines for $2, always in a non busy part of the outside area, which are a black box containing 5 27G 1ml picks with 5 swabs and some water. Needle exhcnages aren't always open but the hospital always is. If you say you NEED them or a friend will re-use an old possibnle HIV infectyed needlke, they cannot refuse you and will give you a few for free. I know someone that goes into different hospitals to get his rigs, he is a real junky, every day ice/base/speed/pill/whatever user and he goes into hospitals saying he is a drug dealer and wants to give people new syringes for safety and he says that works, I don't think admitting to dealing is a great idea though.

Splatt, when will the continual embellishment/outright lies/bullshit stop dribbling out of your mouth? To have 'Moderator' under your name detracts from the credibility of Bluelight & the harm reduction effort full stop.

Regards,
Diabetic

I'm with splatt, if someone asks me for a stick i just give them 10 or so 100u or 50u 27g no questions asked. Otherwise go to a chemist and ask for the above, a box of fifty should cost about 70$ and comes with a sharps kits. i don't think they would sell them to a eight year old but most people the would sell too. If you want a story say you have " type 1 diabetes and need to inject some Actrapid ASAP or else you will have a hyperglycemic episode". You could even run around the block twice to make your self look sweaty

Sticks are not class a drug paraphnalia in S.A so there legal to carry around. If the chemist wants to be a dick he could use desretion and not sell them but i doubt it very much.

ActionJaxn, care to tell me what I'm talking shit about? Every chemist in Queensland will sell you a fit pack normally without asking why. Do you find this differently? Argue properly Mr helpful 6 Posts. Maybe critisize me in a non-lame way and offer something that will help people or correct my mistakes? If you got a problem with me complain to an Admin (and hopefully they will contact me), or send me a PM.

Not sure where abouts in melbourne you are, but if you go to Dandenong often, there is one there, near the train station. Walk in and there is every things you could ever need for free (water 30c), aswell as wheel pill filters (2.40).
If your just trying to get them for meth or H then just go in and ask for a 5pack for instance, they will make up any size but they have made 2,5 and 10 packs ready to go.
They will ask you which age group, do you share, and where do you dispose of your needles. And then they tell you to take some condoms.;) EASY!

Oh splatt your e-penis is so much longer than mine! Please let's not make them duel. I'd only sent you a pm if I felt compelled to tell you about my brothers mothers HIV infected fathers, drug dealing brothers story about obtaining clean fits! 100% True story!

Here are some facts to keep in mind if you need to cook up a story in the event of refusal. (Yes I am an insulin dependent diabetic & yes chemists have tried to deny me access to fit packs in the past)

In this day an age Type 1 Diabetics do not use fits. Insulin delivery systems evolved more than a decade ago (13-15 odd years). Most if not all Type 1 diabetics today would be using novopen units or insulin pumps & have no normal/ongoing need for fits at all. It's amusing to me that these 27g .5/1ml syringes are still labeled as 'insulin syringes' considering their rather limited usage in this capacity.

Teddles is on the right track, replace actrapid with novorapid & insert a plausible story as to why you don't have access to a functioning novopen and bob's your uncle.

Bialla @ roma st (brisbane) was a great resource for free clean rigs that I used to use in the past.....

whats the fucks wrong with actrapid? Its the best med for a hyper. episode.

you can die in 2 hours from a hypo but can live with a hyper for weeks as long as you don't mind pissing every ten mins. If you drop BGL's too quick it is too unpredictable unless you know whats going on or you have proper care. Not everyone has a Novopen, some people prefer 50u' or 100u's cause they are clean, sharp and predictable.

I don't know everything about diabetes but i know heaps about emerg. care about hyper/hypo's and the best way to provide the best care in the above situations.

ActionJaxn said:
In this day an age Type 1 Diabetics do not use fits. Insulin delivery systems evolved more than a decade ago (13-15 odd years). Most if not all Type 1 diabetics today would be using novopen units or insulin pumps & have no normal/ongoing need for fits at all. It's amusing to me that these 27g .5/1ml syringes are still labeled as 'insulin syringes' considering their rather limited usage in this capacity.

Or you could tell your chemist it is for your cat who has diabetes, and inquire about a sharps bin. Thats what I do to get needles for my cat (who incidentally, does have diabetes).

[EDIT: Reapproved with edit. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a problem with someone else's post please correct them on their facts, this has degenerated into insults and further posts that don't directly address the topic will be removed... and warned.

Ask for more swabs, they just don't understand that 5 swabs isn't enough fo 5 hits, shit I need at least three at a time.

^3 swabs a hit? Really? I would say 1 for where you are going, maybe 1 to wipe the spoon before you mix up...

I hope you don't swab after you inject - that just makes you bleed more! Better to use a clean tissue.

You should get 2 swabs per fit, in Vic anyway.

To the OP - that appointment system that you mention sounds dodgy - maybe you look (or are) young. There is no age restriction on picking up fits in Victoria - if you inject you're entitled to free fits, no matter how old you are.

Chemists in Vic are permitted to sell needles and syringes - but not all of them do.

It is not illegal to carry new or used fits in Victoria