Assignment *NOW CLOSED* Seeking Bluelight members for study on how harm reduction is facilitated in online communities

studentanthropologist

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelighters, I am seeking Bluelight forum members willing to answer questions about their experiences on the forum. I am interested in Bluelight’s function as a harm reduction tool. The question I am primarily focused on is how harm reduction is facilitated in online forums. The approach I will be using is nonparticipant observation and interviews. All participants will remain anonymous, and all names will be changed. This paper will not be published, and will only be seen by my professor. I am strictly focusing on the online community of Bluelight in this study. I will be naming Bluelight in the study. Comment below or private message me if you may be interested. You can also reach me by email at [email protected] Thank you, I'm looking forward to talking with you. This assignment is part of my Anthropology Capstone course at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. My professor is Dr. Rose Wellman. Her email is [email protected]

Last edited:
I’m in so long as BL has agreed to host the research and your institution has formally granted ethics approval.

Most researchers identify their institution and real life identity to the BL management.

Hi @studentanthropologist

This sounds like an interesting study. I understand from other threads that this study doesn’t have ethics approval as it is a student assignment.
Still, you need to check out our forum guidelines and follow them. Providing all the details of you, your uni, your supervisor, the aim of the research, more about the methods etc.
You can use the tag ‘Assignment’ to denote that the study does not have formal ethics approval.
Your title doesn’t seem to match the study’s topic so please fix that up to be consistent.
I’m interested in knowing more about why you chose this topic, what course you are doing, and what theoretical approach you are following here.
thanks 😊

Hi everyone. There's still some information missing on this project, and I'm going to be emailing the OP to request it.

@studentanthropologist
I just noticed a few weeks after that you deleted the whole thread with the reason 'done with study'.
That's not how we do things around here.
Our practice is to leave the thread open, because we would sincerely ask you to return to the thread later with any findings or summaries of your work.
If you are deleting the thread because of concern about identifying information or similar in the original post, please just remove that information only.
Thanks a lot.