• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v Holiday Gatherings & Dazed Blatherings

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been unreasonably warm. Last winter was very mild. Here's hoping for a repeat.
Iowa's great. There's so much Sky.

* unseasonably warm. It was not a complaint. This is what happens when I attempt to multi-task.

Yeah it was in the 70s down here today. And like you said last winter was pretty warm. I'm actually right by st Louis. So not quite neighbors but close

Where have you been captain?

Up and down the east coast (from FL to NY), have even gone above NYC a little for a night.

When I moved from the east coast out to California I came out the way I originally went out to the east coast from, through Texas. I've spent plenty of time in the entire south east of the U.S.

I have been through WV to Ohio once, on a field trip in high school many years ago.

Washington state and Oregon are on my to-do list :D

I'm curious about the east coast as well, have never been out there. Been all through the south, the Midwest, and a little bit of the west, east coast is on the list for sure

Busy day at the office for me, this is the time of the year where people come from off the streets to try the program, who wouldn't? Its free, free food,free cloths,free free, the only requirements being here is stay sober, and want to learn more why you do what you do.

That being said, i get a lot of guys that came here because it was somewhere warm,and free and now they came out sober and now sponsor other guys here. Its really amazing to watch the transformation from a client at detox to program alumni.

Yeah it was in the 70s down here today. And like you said last winter was pretty warm. I'm actually right by st Louis. So not quite neighbors but close

I lived In St Charles for a summer when I was 18. First time I left home; not quite Culture Shock, but a yuuuuuuge change from rural route 3 , eastern Iowa : )

Yeah it's still more rural than urban where I'm at but I lived on the streets in st Louis for a year in my teens. It was a good experience for me, big part of why I am who I am today. Taught me that money might make your life easier, but not better. I met a lot of people in a very bad way, that were much happier in life than I was.

My apologies captain, wasn't trying for preachy.

I think his message was actually directed to someone else (so don't worry about it).

Holly crap it's almost December...

I was going to continue being gentle with myself and spread my workload over the next week, but I think I'm just going to try and finish things by the end of the weekend, Monday at the latest. That way I can go to work Tuesday and not be preoccupied with classwork and I can get to my kratom detox earlier than I would otherwise.

So, so, so ready to spend a couple days relaxing getting over that, writing a journal, generally just focusing on my health and wellbeing. It's been too long since I had a few days where I genuinely could feel I was really taking care of myself like I need.

Been craving opiates the last week or so, not too bad but it is a minor annoyance, got offered a jab of dope the other day, which I declined this time. Kinda got me on edge now that I know how easily I could get it.

What make you decline the job off? Hopefully you have enough to keep you feel like you're doing something worthwhile. Boredom was probably the biggest challenged I used to have.

Guy ended up hiring his cousin. I've kept myself busy by putting in job apps literally everywhere.

Yeah but nothing shocking exactly as relapses seem to be part of a process for getting sober. I just have to learn another lesson from that.

Very true, I'm on the verge too. Thought I was getting away from my vices, but now I'm surrounded by an old one.

Relapsed two day ago so it is day one no :\

Sorry to hear that. But day one sounds great!
It’s about how you fast you stand up IME.
Wish you the best of luck, been there, done that.

Take care,
Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.