• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel Thienodiazepine, Metizolam

roi

Bluelighter
IhmB2J0.png

It's to Etizolam what Estazolam is to Alprazolam, removal of the methyl group at the triazole ring, produces a ~60% longer half life without affecting potency and effects a lot.

Previously discussed (without knowing what it is) in http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/768501-New-Etizolam-Analogue-Testing.

I'll test it myself next week and report back :)

Last edited:
Just the other day I was wondering why nobody simply made an analogue of Etizolam with the Ethyl on the Thiophene ring replaced by a Methyl, and called it "Metizolam".

And now they made one and it's Desmethyletizolam? Shouldn't they have named it Desizolam then? Nortizolam?

Edit: I wonder just how potent Nitizolam (the Ethyl on the Thiophene replaced with NO2) would be, seeing as how Brotizolam (which is available as a prescription drug outside the US) is a sedative/hypnotic benzo on par with Triazolam and Flubromazolam.

Last edited:
Seeing this go on sale has made me wonder whether this is the active ingredient in those 'Moonlight' pellets that went on sale from a certain vendor as an "Etizolam alternative". That particular vendor just says that their pellets offer an extremely similar research profile to that of Intas Etizolam. They go on to say that their pellets do not contain DeschloroEtizolam, and that we shouldn't confuse these pellets with that lower grade alternative. But nowhere on their page do they actually say that the ingredient is Etizolam. Seems to me they wanted to hide what the actual ingredient was, maybe so that other vendors couldn't find out what the ingredient was, but now that it has gone on sale elsewhere as Metizolam maybe we'll find out the truth. I could be completely wrong, but there's my thoughts for the time being.

Pretty sure "moonlight" is just plain, overpriced etizolam.

This is being sold in 2mg tab's by a certain vendor. Will that dose be equivalent to 20mg diazepam?

Hi all, been ages since I last posted anything! Anyway, just ordered 10 of these, not gonna test though untill I find a bit more info on them! So please post if you have tried them and share your thoughts!

1/2 the potency of etizolam with a longer duration. See Alprazolam vs Estazolam.

But the real question would be does taking an equivalent dose provide the same euphoria?

I wasn't exactly sure about the potency of Estazolam, but saw that the pharma versions seem to be 1 and 2mg so I assumed it's about the same potency as Alprazolam.

But the real question would be does taking an equivalent dose provide the same euphoria?

Not sure... I'd figure that the demethylation would make the drug less lipophilic and thus come on slower, leading to less euphoria (compare the all-greased-up Diazepam with its demethylated and hydroxylated metabolite Oxazepam). Just an educated(?) guess though.

Or maybe you should be adding a new thread about benzo's and euphoria. In my exp these two don't go together, they anxiolyse, sedate and relax. But however good Etizolam is euphoria imo just isn't the right word. Don't chase these kind o f drugs the dangers outweigh the benefits.

This is from someone experienced enough to know for myself at least. I found flunitrazepam mediocre at best and all the benzo's alike. One stands out imo temazepam, but again don't get addicted it's not worth it.

Or maybe you should be adding a new thread about benzo's and euphoria. In my exp these two don't go together, they anxiolyse, sedate and relax. But however good Etizolam is euphoria imo just isn't the right word. Don't chase these kind o f drugs the dangers outweigh the benefits.

This is from someone experienced enough to know for myself at least. I found flunitrazepam mediocre at best and all the benzo's alike. One stands out imo temazepam, but again don't get addicted it's not worth it.

Honestly I am merely talking out of curiosity. I have never tried any of these RC benzos because I am "sober" I only take RXd medication. 7.5 mg diazepam/day. Then next month I will get 30 5 mg pills and 10 1 mg Ativan. The 15 5 mg pilss for a total of 2.5 mg /day. And 15 1 mg Ativan. And then I am off the Valium and I will be on only the 15 1 mg Ativan / month. I feel a great amount of "euphoria" from Ativan mostly because it is a sudden, immediate, and amazing sense of well being washing over me, and I get this taste in the back of my throat that feel good or something.

So 10 light blue 2mg tablets arrived yesterday. Decided to give them a go.
I am an occasional user of benzos and usually 0.5mg clonazolam feels good for me then sends me to sleep!
At around 10am yesterday I took 100mg 3-fpm orally, nothing else throughout the day.
This is my report starting at 9:50pm last night.

9:50pm 2mg tablet

10:20 (+30mins)
Feel a little sleepy and floppy but nothing 'euphoric' or feel good. Just a general lethargy.
Resting bp 123/91
Pulse 69
Will give another 10 mins and take another half so 1mg

10:30pm (+40 mins)
No different,
Bp 123/89
Pulse 71

10:35pm (+45 mins)
2nd 2mg pill

10:42pm (+52 mins)
Lay in bed watching tv.
Bp 119/80
Pulse 61
Certainly feeling more spacey and chilled, the blood pressure cuff felt nice on my arm as it inflated!

10:56pm (1.14hrs)
Eyes look heavy and feel sleepy, this is all, bit disappointed, was hoping for more, not sure what but just something more.
Bp 117/78
Pulse 61
Not much change in resting bp.

Will check again in a bit but not taking any more as I have a busy day tomorrow.

11:30pm (+1hr 44mins ish!)
Bp 110/75
Pulse 69

Struggling to stay awake, gonna listen to audiobook and see what sleep feels like!

I appeared to fall asleep shortly after this. So nothing spectacular to report, maybe I dosed too low?
However I woke up naturally at 7:30 am feeling well rested and clear headed.
Think they are tad over priced to be fair.
Think I will stick to my clonazolam!

Hope this proves useful to someone.

I miss read one of the earlier replies. I misread it as if you's were saying 2mg Metizolam = 2mg Etizolam = 20mg Diazepam.

I now understand that 2mg Metizolam = 1mg Etizolam = 10mg Diazepam.

I tried 2mg yesterday of Metizolam followed about an hour later by another 2mg.
I used both tab's sublingually (Always use this ROA for benzo's).

This stuff is definitely relaxing and anxiolytic. It's not as relaxing as Etizolam or as 'euphoric', if 'euphoric' at all at this low dose.

Today in the last 10-15min's I've taken 4mg sublingually. I know xanthine's (Caffeine, Theophylline, Theobromine etc) are benzo' antagonist's but I'll be drinking cocoa on it in 10min's.

Yesterday I did have 3-4 cups of cocoa and 3-4 cups of (English style) tea which would have affected the high.

Bon voyage for now!

With my personal experiece, i used to relax with 1mg of etiz, and go euphoric and floatty with 2/3 mg sometimes 4 at periods of great stress and problems of pain managing.
But they always put me to sleep at some point, and not more than 3 hours later.
I found out early this years, that i prefered Descholoro-etizolam, damn, 12 mg was perfect dosage and i had more euphoria, more sens of relaxation, from muscles to skeletal relaxations based on strong anxiety caused by my father's death few weeks ago; one month now.
Since April i switched on clonazolam because it was cheaper and i was enjoying the 4 hours after taking 1 or 2 pills, but i still prefered Deschloro-etiz...
So now, i'd like to know if 4 mg of desmethyl-etizolam would act as enjoyable as deschloro-E....or even 2 mg Etiz...?
If they could make 4 mg pills for the same price that would be awesome
I tried 4 mg or 8 mg of nifoxipam recently for one vendor only that was very very pleasant ! Only problem is that after that i received a batch of almost inactive 2 mg Nifoxipam so maybe it was the ridiculous 0.5 nifoxipam sold for 2 mg, so i might have been ripped off, but anyway, i can't believe that these Metizolam has no interest.
If you guys tell me that clonazolam and deschloro etizo are just better and that going for Metiz is a total waste of money, i'll wait till they upgrade the dosage.
Thanks you guys

Well today's 4mg was alot more relaxing (Empty stomach, though I used sublingually so not sure if stomach contents affect it?) and alot more 'euphoric'. After about 3-4 hours I went to sleep for while.

Nope so still had no luck with this product.
Had 4mg at 5:30pm
Felt nothing
Took another 4mg about an hour and a half later,
Slight tiredness and almost a sense of boredom.
At 8:20pm I gave up and took my trusty 0.5mg clonazolam.
Slightly concerned that it's now 20 mins later and still feel nothing but a little tiredness. Is it possible my tolerance is higher than I realise? Tempted to take my last 0.5 clonazolam, please let me know your thoughts on this?