• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel stimulant, 4-MDMC (4-Methyldimethcathinone)

roi

Bluelighter
2-%28DiMethylamino%29-1-%284-methylphenyl%29-1-propanone.png

Slow release Mephedrone?

Why slow metabolizer you guess? Decarboxylation via first pass metabolism necessary? Just curious, trying to learn more... Thanks

Yay, more of them.

Anything would be lovely to know about this compound.

Last edited:
Damn nobody has tried this yet? This must suck or something.

Seeing as how, N,N,-di.alkylated derivatives of phenylethylamines usually suck compared to their non- or mono-alkylated counterparts (ex.: Dimethamphetamine is much weaker than amphetamine, let alone methamphetamine), I would expect this one to be garbage, yes. Sure, some of it will probably be metabolized into Meph in the human body, but probably not enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the reply. Them Chinese just keep in cranking out stuff that doesn't sell. I don't know if we will ever see a new cathinone that is actually decent or better than mephedrone.

I don't know if we will ever see a new cathinone that is actually decent or better than mephedrone.

Fairly unlikely. The thing about monoamine releasing agents like Mephedrone is that they can't be too bulky. By adding a single methyl group (1-carbon "chain") at the alpha- and N-positions, you've already reached the "sweet spot" for a noradrenaline-dopamine releasing agent (Methcathinone). A methyl group on the 4-position adds the serotonin-releasing capability that makes Mephedrone so special.

A longer alpha chain may increase a compound's ability to block dopamine reuptake and increase the overall stimulant effect, but will also make it weaker as a releasing agent of serotonin. And even then, the "sweet spot" is already reached with a 3-carbon chain (ex. Pentedrone, Pyrovalerone), at which point the drug barely retains any serotonergic effect at all.

wait what? are you guys saying its pretty unlikely that we ever will witness something in the levels of meph again?

burk1336:
Of corse something like meph will pop up eventually!
Saying otherwise is like saying that LSD was the only one witch resiliently was shown to be false ;)
But nothing will be exactly as meph

This one was a bust didn't find it active at all??
Maybe its the batch in Scandinavia right now that's bull..

But i found it unworthy for future studies!

burk1336:
Of corse something like meph will pop up eventually!
Saying otherwise is like saying that LSD was the only one witch resiliently was shown to be false ;)
But nothing will be exactly as meph

This one was a bust didn't find it active at all??
Maybe its the batch in Scandinavia right now that's bull..

But i found it unworthy for future studies!

Yeah thats what i thought too, regarding the meph-thingy.

too bad about this subtance though i guess. I heard the last batch they shipped to scandinavia was weak or unactive, too. Guess they were sorta grasping after some straws when they gave it another go?

3-MdMC is coming soon to Scandinavia and that one shoes more promising effects. (Sorry for off topic!)

Have you never wondered why there are no N,N-dimethylamphetamines on the RC market? Why Methylone and Mephedrone were fucking great, but Dimethylone and Dimephedrone dogshit?

3-Methyldimethcathinone will be just as bad.

That true but it's not a constant in chemistry!! All of a sudden you get lucky! E.x: the TMA series and ther is some more thath just turn it upside down

Just wait until it hits the streets!! ;)

What are you talking about? TMA, as the name says, are trimethoxyamphetamines. They don't even have a single N-methyl group?!

As you probably know, DOM is a very potent drug (5mg dose) and has a long duration. Now look at N-methyl-DOM (Beatrice): https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal011.shtml

DOSAGE: above 30 mg.

DURATION: 6 - 10 h.

In the rabbit hyperthermia studies, this compound was some 25 times less active than DOM, so even animal tests say this is way down there in value. This particular measure suggests that the active level in man might be 75 milligrams.

Adding another N-methyl group and you're looking at something of mescaline-like potency lol

Of course N,N-dialkyl groups aren't universally "bad" (just look at tryptamines), however in phenethylamines including amphetamines and cathinones they suck balls.

Roi is right, coincidentally this was a recent issue in PD when someone wanted to discuss 2CLisaB which has a tetrahydroisoquinoline as its tertiary amine function, and I was able to dig up a PIHKAL quote saying that tertiary amine psychedelic phenethylamines are not really active, secondary amines are a ten-fold loss in potency already compared to their primary amines...

Stims and empathogens are different, they do tolerate and benefit from an N-methyl a lot of the time (secondary amine), but like dimethylone and dibutylone show tertiary amines rely a lot on metabolism to the secondary amine and you lose the punch of the attack dose that way which tends to make them lackluster.

For some reason pyrrolidines are a bit different, but the reuptake inhibition of MDPV-type compounds becomes such a biggie that you apparently can't really compare em.

Expect the para-methyl of the compound this thread is about to not fix the limitations dimethyl stims like these have.

What are you talking about? TMA, as the name says, are trimethoxyamphetamines. They don't even have a single N-methyl group?!

As you probably know, DOM is a very potent drug (5mg dose) and has a long duration. Now look at N-methyl-DOM (Beatrice): https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal011.shtml

Adding another N-methyl group and you're looking at something of mescaline-like potency lol

Of course N,N-dialkyl groups aren't universally "bad" (just look at tryptamines), however in phenethylamines including amphetamines and cathinones they suck balls.

After some reflection and thinking (Yes it did hurt haha) I thend to agree with you..

Roi is right, coincidentally this was a recent issue in PD when someone wanted to discuss 2CLisaB which has a tetrahydroisoquinoline as its tertiary amine function, and I was able to dig up a PIHKAL quote saying that tertiary amine psychedelic phenethylamines are not really active, secondary amines are a ten-fold loss in potency already compared to their primary amines...

Stims and empathogens are different, they do tolerate and benefit from an N-methyl a lot of the time (secondary amine), but like dimethylone and dibutylone show tertiary amines rely a lot on metabolism to the secondary amine and you lose the punch of the attack dose that way which tends to make them lackluster.

For some reason pyrrolidines are a bit different, but the reuptake inhibition of MDPV-type compounds becomes such a biggie that you apparently can't really compare em.

Expect the para-methyl of the compound this thread is about to not fix the limitations dimethyl stims like these have.

In icon for thumb's upp? ok but Ya!

wait what? are you guys saying its pretty unlikely that we ever will witness something in the levels of meph again?

The question was whether we would actually see a new *cathinone* that is better than Mephedrone. Is it possible that they'll eventually come out with an awesome triple releasing agent in the future? Or a compound that produces intense euphoria, stimulation and empathy through some novel mechanism of action? Sure. But those will probably not utilize the cathinone backbone.