• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel stimulant 4-Ethylphenmetrazine (4-EPM)

roi

Bluelighter
sdqe96w.png

4-ethyl-3-methyl-2-phenylmorpholine

From the very few reports online it sounds like 4-Methylphenmetrazine (4-MPM) is very disappointing in both potency and effects. I can't see any reason why this one should be better, but we might be surprised?

Looks like the "official" name for it is Phenmetetrazine now.

It's a joke that we are all forced to beat around the bush with these sub-prime substances. Oh, Phenmetrazine is an illegal drug, so we buy these fucking obscure analogs, of which nobody has a clue of the long-term effects. Sometimes it feels like we live in some kind of cruel Socratic comedy. It makes no sense. I was in detox with a guy who was doing this shit. I don't know exactly what, but it was some "powder" that he bought online and became addicted to. He was fucked up. Made me literally happy to just be withdrawing from high-dose methadone.

We should just be able to buy the goddamned Phenmetrazine and be freely allowed to both utilize or kill ourselves with it if we so choose. Land of the free, bullshit.

So this one was reported by the EMCDDA in December 2015. Now they apparently retested it and found it to be:

2%E2%80%90%5Bethyl(2%E2%80%90hydroxyethyl)amino%5D%E2%80%901%E2%80%90phenylpropan%E2%80%901%E2%80%90ol.png

So who knows if the original "Phenmetetrazine" structure was ever around...

what is the name of the compound that was found in its place?

That there would be N-ethyl-N-(2-hydroxy)ethylnorephedrine and appears to be what happens to 4-EPM / phenmetetrazine if it undergoes ring opening (I guess via aqueous acid)... Or perhaps it's the reverse: a precursor through which they make it by ring closing. (Since the latter is a valid strategy, it would have to be the one)

It's an aminoethanol, doubly so, and those tend to have effects on heartrate and blood pressure which can suck hard. It also may be expected to be some sort of time-release meh version of N-ethylnorephedrine, a direct analogue of ephedrine.