• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel opioid Tetrahydrofuranfentanyl

^ probably because oxy is a semi-synthetic derivative of thebaine and (i assume) requires cultivated opium as a starting point.
Same goes for 'codone' or 'morphone' drugs; they are all plant derivatives as far as i know.
If an easy, cost effective synthesis were possible for narcotic analgesics, pharma companies would not spend so much time and effort growing, processing and refining opium poppies in places like Tasmania.

i'm no chemist, but couldn't they make other opiate/oid RC;s other than fent? stuff like methadone and pethidine?i just heard it on BDD a while ago, i have no knowledge of the compound sturcture but surely they don't neeed to grow poppies for everything?

Major Chinese vendor:
Tetrahydrofuran-F.
2-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-2-phenyl-1-(tetrahydrofuran-2-yl)ethan-1-one

Formula: C25H31NO2

Swedish vendor #1:
Tetrahydrofuran.F eller 2-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-2-phenyl-1-(tetrahydrofuran-2-yl)ethan-1-one HCL.

On flashback the purported cyclopentylfentanyl, which is listed at the likely source vendor as just that but is not an phenethylpiperidine amide, is reported as pretty much a total dud.

Point being that OP snatches up the name and draws the correct structure in OP, but compound that circulates and is being discussed as a fentanyl is not really a fentanyl.

Last edited:
Point being that OP snatches up the name and draws the correct structure in OP, but compound that circulates and is being discussed as a fentanyl is not really a fentanyl.

if not fent, what?

i'm no chemist, but couldn't they make other opiate/oid RC;s other than fent? stuff like methadone and pethidine?i just heard it on BDD a while ago, i have no knowledge of the compound sturcture but surely they don't neeed to grow poppies for everything?

There have been a few, such as o-desmethyltramadol, that seemed quite well regarded by users.
Tapentadol did the rounds in rc circles for a while, as well as a bunch of highly potent opioid agonists.
But seeing as these drugs tend to be unreliable in terms of availablity and longevity on the market, a lot of them are pretty bad news for users, especially addicts.

Many Chinese sites get the IUPAC and/or structure wrong all the time, it has always been the case.

For example, this is their structure for "4-MeO-BF":

1-%5B(4-fluorophenyl)%5B1-(2-phenylethyl)piperidin-4-yl%5Damino%5Dbutan-2-one.png

So no, it's fairly safe to say that they're slightly incompetent on the front end, but unlikely to forget a nitrogen somewhere in the actual product. Especially when they have the correct precursors already lol

There have been a few, such as o-desmethyltramadol, that seemed quite well regarded by users.
Tapentadol did the rounds in rc circles for a while, as well as a bunch of highly potent opioid agonists.
But seeing as these drugs tend to be unreliable in terms of availablity and longevity on the market, a lot of them are pretty bad news for users, especially addicts.

oh yeah i remember hearing about o-desmethyltram, but i'm one of those people who don't get a lot out of trams so i wasn't too fussed, i'd be very interested in something more along the lines of the ones i listed previously (methadone/pethidine etc)

Many Chinese sites get the IUPAC and/or structure wrong all the time, it has always been the case.

For example, this is their structure for "4-MeO-BF":

1-%5B(4-fluorophenyl)%5B1-(2-phenylethyl)piperidin-4-yl%5Damino%5Dbutan-2-one.png

So no, it's fairly safe to say that they're slightly incompetent on the front end, but unlikely to forget a nitrogen somewhere in the actual product. Especially when they have the correct precursors already lol

Valid point, but in this case I believe they just fucked up, intentional or not. Essential nitrogen missing in both structure, systematic name and elemental composition. And users report lack of activity. Anyone care to check the NMR they posted? I'm too busy, and only use a mobile phone, at the moment, might send off a sample for analysis.

Systematic name is likely generated from structure, elemental composition probably as well..

Still it's of course not impossible they make mistakes, but it is impossible to say without analyzing. If it is true that they make a totally different sort of compound, with all the quite different bonds and the very different synthetic strategy it would require... wow I mean, to be able to synth potent compounds safely but fuck up ballpark, with the waste etc - that would be an epic blunder, really astonishing.

Front-end bullshit yeah plenty of those vendors are notorious for that... a consistent explanation.

Does anyone actually have any firsthand experience with this compound instead of conjecture or pissing over fentalogs in general? I'm really interested in this compound as I should have a chance to check it out soon, but there is almost no information about the effects anywhere.

N-phenyl-N-[1-(2-phenylethyl)piperidin-4-yl]tetrahydrofuran-2-carboxamide (Tetrahydrofuranylfentanyl): Tetrahydrofuranylfentanyl was identified in a 22 mL sample of pale yellow liquid seized by Swedish Police in Karlstad on 29 September 2016. Tetrahydrofuranylfentanyl is structurally related to the previously notified opioid furanylfentanyl, which is currently the target of a Europol-EMCDDA Joint Report (December 2016). It differs from furanylfentanyl by bearing a fully saturated furanyl ring (tetrahydrofuran), instead of an unsaturated heterocycle (furan). Consequently, the molecular formulas of the two compounds differ by 4 hydrogen atoms. The substance was analytically confirmed by GC-MS, LC-HRMS, and NMR at the Swedish National Forensic Centre. Tetrahydrofuranylfentanyl was analytically confirmed in 5 deaths by the Swedish Laboratory of Forensic Medicine. There are no published data on the pharmacology or toxicology of tetrahydrofuranylfentanyl. Based on its chemical structure and on the similarity to furanylfentanyl, the substance may display opioid-like effects. These include: euphoria, nausea, vomiting, sedation and respiratory depression.

So my structure was absolutely correct, as expected. Too lazy to dig through google translated flashback reports myself, but I'm sure you can find some.

Strity

To this post:

"Another useless drug prolly. Why can't the rc opiate folks come up with a rc version of oxy? Something that ends with codone or morphone you know?Or be at least half as decent as rc benzo folk"

Most opiates are already specifically scheduled, even ones that have never been used on humans before. Even if they aren't mentioned specifically they'd certain't be controlled by the federal analog act.

Whoever was wondering why they don't make more oxy analogues..

Hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydro and oxymorphone And plenty of others are semi-synthetic, meaning you need to turn the opium into morphine and then process of further.

Methadone, buprenorphine and nalaxone are also semi-synthetic so you need part of the actual plant, it's actually called thebaine, they process that into the super long acting semi synthetic opioids/antagonists (blockers) which methadone and bupe actually are. The receptors are completely saturated by bupe and therefore don't let real euphoric opiates bind to those receptors.

Also another fun little fact regarding bupe. You ever hear less is more? The reason behind this is because of bupe and it's other highly euphoric and depressant metabolite, norbuprenorphine. The reason it's prescribed to animals for pain is because it's not very easy to overdose on it. Once your receptors are fully saturated at about 2mg no more can get through, they hold onto your brain receptors and stay there. Any more is secreted without depressing your body so much you die.

Disclaimer! I never once said you cannot OD on suboxone (buprenorphine) just that is a little more forgiving than traditional opiates/opiods

Meanwhile if you were to take say... 1mg of buperenorphine. That would be metabolized into norbuprenorphine and that would attach to your receptors and actually give you a nice Buzz. This does not work if you take 8mg subs everyday for a month, stop for a week then bang 1mg. Your receptors are still saturated In bupe.

Have you ever given anyone less than 2mg of bupe having them never try it before? They get JACKED! That's mostly because there is still room for the norbupe to attach to the receptors and make them throw up all night and the next day.

But yeah, that's why we have all these fent analogues and the u-47700 etc. They are fully synthetic and suppliers do not need to obtain a bunch of opium resin from Afghanistan ( United states controlled). They can be made by a skilled hand.

Anyways there's my kinda late night thing that maybe somebody interested Will read. phenibut withdraw sucks!

Methadone is actually fully synthetic, structure doesn't resemble morphine at all. It was invented by the Germans shortly before WW II (and was widely used by the Germans in the war) because...well, growing Opium in Germany isn't easy =D

I was under the impression that buprenorphine and naloxone are also fully synthetic opioids. My understanding was that the only non-synthetic "opioids" are the opiates, substances naturally occurring in opium poppies.

Nah, buprenorphine and naloxone are both semi-synthetic. Opiates are indeed the alkaloids found in the opium poppy plant. You could synthesize morphine in a lab though (it's rarely done, involves like 30+ steps), resulting in a fully synthetic opiate though =D

Hehe, yup. Right after I posted that I was listening to a broadcast actually on this exact topic and realized I was a little mixed up :)

Thanks for the clarification!

Nah, buprenorphine and naloxone are both semi-synthetic. Opiates are indeed the alkaloids found in the opium poppy plant. You could synthesize morphine in a lab though (it's rarely done, involves like 30+ steps), resulting in a fully synthetic opiate though =D

I didn't know you could synthesize morphine without the plant. But yeah they are both semi synthetic, along with methadone. Just Google thebaine. In learned this on Erowid years ago.

Didn't know that about methadone though. I stand corrected!

I have found that the majority of drugs derived from natural things produce a bigger rush when taken.

Cocaine, heroin, and especially morphine. I've found morphine to be more euphoric than heroin, much faster to fade away. Anyone else found this to be the case?

But yeah compared to meth and fentanyl the first few drugs produce an actual rush. That's why it's fairly strange to me that u47700 produces such a rush.

Last edited:
I personally never liked the distinction between natural and synthetic opioids from the perspective of the user. After a decade of heavy use, I've found that, essentially, an opioid is an opioid is an opioid (feel free to replace any of those with opiate).

I find the degree of manufacturing involved to be more telling from the original source of the material the opioid is created with.

Anyone know, outside of its mechanisms of action, analgesia and subjective effects, what opioids/opiates tramadol is related to (if any)?

Things like tramadol, tianpine (sp?), or methadone that have more than just activity upon opiate receptors are not anything like classic opiods/opiates that act upon the opiate receptors purely. I'm sure most would agree.... Yea get can relieve withdrawals, but usually with an extra cost