Nov 1st- Scream 5-The Asylum,MA-$30 advance-also a black-out

dreamgirlie19, what's up girl. Glad you like Jeremy (Nailz), check out his site (www.djnailz.net). It has the upcoming events and some other good stuff, like tracks from Avalon. The site also includes Tanner K and Tasty's stuff as well. Also both good friends of mine.

jaded ravers

Any party kid from Maine hates Tommy Gunn! His parties sux and he is a total asshole. At scream 3 I waited outside for 2 hours in 30 degree weather. I've never been so cold and so pissed. After oct 2001 I stopped going to tommie's shitty parties. Haha...Let the jaded ravers come out!
up yours tommie!
peace,
Shannz

mcusa said:
dreamgirlie19, what's up girl. Glad you like Jeremy (Nailz), check out his site (www.djnailz.net). It has the upcoming events and some other good stuff, like tracks from Avalon. The site also includes Tanner K and Tasty's stuff as well. Also both good friends of mine.

I know them as well. :)

Dave sends me all the info already so i dont bother goin to the site...

alright.... don't mean to interrupt your little discussion about shady business practices, jaded ravers, and the like (sounds like i've heard this all before.... 8( )

but if anyone from boston is going and wouldn't mind hooking me and my friend up w a ride, that would be great. don't feel like going home to get the car and then having to drop it back off on sunday (while mom gives her son and his friend a ride back up to boston after a night in springfield....)

hit me up w a private message or an email if we can work something out!

thanks!.... see you on nov 1! =D

bdreligrrl said:
This is a joke, right?

The absolute, bar-none, WORST party I have ever been to in my entire life, and trust me there have been a few shitty ones, and you use it as a shining example of the kind of party Tommie Gunn and N1 throw.

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahha.

I too had a blast at Earthfest. Absolutely kick-ass music, great visuals, and plenty of people to mingle with. There was too much smoke but I find it that way at virtually every event (fuckin smokers, wreck your own lungs, not mine).
If you couldn't find a way to have a fun time at that party then I honestly don't think you tried. A sore, jaded person as yourself should just shut up, stay away from the event, and leave the rest of us to have fun. Obviously there are still plenty of people willing to pay his high prices (cash ain't a problem for me) and who don't have a vendetta against the man.

Honestly though, if any of you trash-mouthing people dare to show up at this event then you ought to be bitch-slapped for your hypocrisy. It's people that come to an event with negative preconceived expectations that ruin the atmosphere. If I come out of the event with ill feelings about the event or the promoter then I'll be damned for not heeding your warnings. Otherwise, I think this topic has been beat to death.

^^
then why did you bring it up again?

did you ever think that maybe we are jaded because of people like tommie gunn? earthfest was just one example of why we have a disdain for mr. gunn and N1 productions. and believe me, i don't think anyone who hates his parties will show up there. gettin fucked isn't fun, i hope you brought your lube

alright... so i probably haven't been to as many parties as some of you have. i've only been into the scene for about a yr and a half or so, but one of the things that drew me to it (and continues to draw me to it) is the vibes. sure, the asylum is sketchy as hell, and there are a lot of other venues that are much better, but isn't it about having a good time with your friends and with the other people who go?

forget about the promoters, the politics of it all... just go and bring your own vibes. that's one thing that lacks in the northeast. the vibes.

i'm still planning on going, meeting some friends, and having a kick ass time. the cuddle puddles, the 'jaded ravers', sure they'll be there, but go, dance, don't be disappointed.... the music is refreshing and revitalizing, and i definitely need that right now.

so i'll be there (and if anyone from boston can hook me and a friend up w a ride, i still need one... that would be really chill.)

peace
ash =D

^^^You just said it all!! :)

I've been going to parties for a long time (about 9 years). When I think about parties when I was younger there just seemed to be much more happieness and unity. Things have just gotten more and more divided and sketchy as years go by. I've been to parties in Canada relatively recently and the good vibes are still there. Don't get me wrong good vibes still exsist in the northeast but they're few and sometimes far between that's all.

andyh said:
the asylum is sketchy as hell, and there are a lot of other venues that are much better,

Where are they? Seems to me almost every venue in the Mass/NH/Maine has died in the last few years. I would love to hit something up other than Asylum. I am very grateful that the Asylum even exists but I would like a little diversity. Most of the Boston venues just don't do it. They are more geared to the weekend college drinking crowd dressed up in their clubbing outfits and so forth. Not that I have anything against that but it's just an entirely different scene and one that I'm not really looking for.

andyh said:

but isn't it about having a good time with your friends and with the other people who go?

forget about the promoters, the politics of it all... just go and bring your own vibes.

You got it.

It is true that you will always find shady people at parties and crooked promoters that care more about the money, but some are much moreso than others. Tommie Gunn may or may not be one of these promoters. It is also true that the party is what you make it, but oversold events, poor venues and missing performers make it difficult to have a great time. If you do not like the way a promoter is handling their business, then don't support them. However, it is fair to warn others of possible shady business practices. Complaining to the production company themselves won't do much good if they are crooked.

I believe all the fair warnings about a possible shady promoter have been given, and individuals can choose whether or not to go to the event on their own. A full blown discussion of rave politics is not necessary here. Please keep the discussion on track about this event, and this event only. Thanks.

i'm kinda late...but i wanted to say that i went last minute to see craze & it was well worth it.

both sets made me move, i hadn't been to the asylum since whipped so it was a nice little trip back.

peace-
shafie <--------- had a great time