• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Not sure where to post. My bf shot h into me;may have an infection; what do i do?

Lindsay102

Greenlighter
Hello. I'm new here and I'm not sure where to post. Please no judgment. I just want help. I know what I'm doing is stupid. I usually sniff heroin but have been sniffing for 6 years and asked my bf to shoot it into my arm for the 2nd time since we've been together. It did not hurt anymore than usual but I think he missed my vein because after my arm felt itchy and irritated and the whole area is red and looks irritated.

It does not look as bad as pictures I have googled. The direct area, plus a couple to a few inches up and down from the injection site, is red and looks a wee bit rashy just around the injection spot. He asked me if it burned and it didn't. He thinks I'd know if he missed from how it feels but it really just felt like someone put a needle in my arm. I am a little more buzzed than I would be just sniffing it but usually there's a huge difference in how I feel sniffing as opposed to someone shooting it in me. There's barely a difference this time. I have had it shot into me a total of 4 times, including tonight.

I feel foolish. I was doing good with stopping but I was detoxing for a few days and made a poor decision.

I can not go to the hospital, if this is not life threatening. I'm sure most people feel this way but I really cannot stress that enough. I am looking for some azithromycin I was prescribed a couple of weeks ago for cat scratch fever. I looked it up and it is prescribed for bacterial infections. Will azithromycin be enough for this error?

If anyone has any information for me, involving this problem, I'm all ears. Would I definitely know if he missed? Could my arm just be irritated from the injection? It does appear to look a little better now that it's been about 20 minutes. Will I be ok without an antibiotic? Please help my bluelight family. I really appreciate any help/advice. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Lindsay102

If you are worried about a possible infection go to a hospital and get it checked out. You will not get in trouble for doing this. Stay safe.

Hè missed but I doubt it will turn into an abscess from your description more likely the itchiness and rash is due to what a physician would call histamine release due to the solution or shot leaking into the skin and flesh around the vein , perhaps you can put a pic up for us?

Sounds like he didnt miss, maybe there was a little bit on the tip before he stuck it in and it was enough to irritate it a little. I have had that happen. You would feel it burn and watch it bubble up if he missed. It honestly just sounds like a histamine reaction that should go away in a few hours at most. From the sounds of if i would not worry but if it doesnt get better after a few hours to a day then i would just go to the hospital. Doesnt sound like its anything more than a histamine reaction though. Still, never hurts to be cautious.

. There's barely a difference this time. I have had it shot into me a total of 4 times, including tonight. she says she got no rush like the other 3 times so it was à miss IMO

Hello. I'm new here and I'm not sure where to post. Please no judgment. I just want help. I know what I'm doing is stupid. I usually sniff heroin but have been sniffing for 6 years and asked my bf to shoot it into my arm for the 2nd time since we've been together. It did not hurt anymore than usual but I think he missed my vein because after my arm felt itchy and irritated and the whole area is red and looks irritated.

It does not look as bad as pictures I have googled. The direct area, plus a couple to a few inches up and down from the injection site, is red and looks a wee bit rashy just around the injection spot. He asked me if it burned and it didn't. He thinks I'd know if he missed from how it feels but it really just felt like someone put a needle in my arm. I am a little more buzzed than I would be just sniffing it but usually there's a huge difference in how I feel sniffing as opposed to someone shooting it in me. There's barely a difference this time. I have had it shot into me a total of 4 times, including tonight.

I feel foolish. I was doing good with stopping but I was detoxing for a few days and made a poor decision.

I can not go to the hospital, if this is not life threatening. I'm sure most people feel this way but I really cannot stress that enough. I am looking for some azithromycin I was prescribed a couple of weeks ago for cat scratch fever. I looked it up and it is prescribed for bacterial infections. Will azithromycin be enough for this error?

If anyone has any information for me, involving this problem, I'm all ears. Would I definitely know if he missed? Could my arm just be irritated from the injection? It does appear to look a little better now that it's been about 20 minutes. Will I be ok without an antibiotic? Please help my bluelight family. I really appreciate any help/advice. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Lindsay102

You can try azithromycin but it's a macrolide, I would prefer beta lactams for your affection.

. There's barely a difference this time. I have had it shot into me a total of 4 times, including tonight. she says she got no rush like the other 3 times so it was à miss IMO

Could just be due to tolerance or low quality work. Since she said t didnt hurt anymore than usual. Who knows, basically it comes down to what the next update from the OP is. Either it is lumped up and a miss or a histaminr reaction that went away. Honestly this could go either way, straight 50/50.