• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Not sure what dose of xanax to take with methadone

bottom line is this - BENZOS DO NOT GET YOU HIGH OR FEELING GOD; they treat anxiety or knock you the fuck out. as I just said, many people are looking for some type of high from a benzo but that high is NOT THERE!there is no such thing as that type of high, so end it now while you are ahead; they are a waste of time, money and potentially life.

I use them to sleep; I usually take .5 to 1MG come bed time; I actually use Etizolam instead of Xanny nowadays but dont get me wrong, I'd still down Xanny if I had them around.

Chasing the supposed "high" of methadone when you're on maintenance is a fool's errand. This desire leads people to consistently increase their dose to the point of, in my opinion, completely outrageous and unsound doses. Then, once the user can't get any of the desired effects from the methadone, they start adding on complimentary substances; benzodiazepines, cocaine, alcohol etc. It's just running down the exact same road that we both ran down in search of the high. I eventually came to the conclusion that I wasn't on maintenance to do the "right thing", I was on maintenance to get a guaranteed dose of opioid every morning.

OP, you shouldn't be using any benzodiazepines while on maintenance. It's quite dangerous, as I'm sure you're clinic and us on BL have made abundantly clear. This note it not judgment; I was on the same path and so are many others.

If you insist on ingesting benzodiazepines with double-doses of methadone, you need to start small. As we all know, taking a benzodiazepine lowers your inhibitions and could possibly lead to unwanted consumption. I've taken 60 .5mg clonazepams in one day; the plan was originally to take three and have a chill day. Well, 5 hours and 2 high gravities later, I had cops and an ambulance on me with tasers drawn.

Be careful and start slow.

I said I take 400 mg methadone to get high before I was taking benzos. I only took 240mg methadone last night along with 2mg xanax(I thought I took 1mg) and I remember being awake for an hour or two and than next thing I know I woke up in bed and is now 8:00AM. So basically the xanax just knocked me the fuck out and I went to sleep probably becuase I had no tolerance to benzos at all. Kind of a waste, at least I didn't wake up dead. Thanks for all the replys guys I appreciate it. If I do decide to mix the two again I will probably only do 0.5 mg xanax.

You were extremely lucky to have woken up. A lot of people don't.

^When I was on maintenance and I had my weekly take-homes, I would take up to 360mg in a 24 hour period. It only made me nap all day. Sure it's dangerous and comes with a practical risk, but it's more so just a waste of fucking time.

People do combine opiates and benzos true and they take that risk every time they do it. Almost all opiate related od's involve a benzo. This is a harm reduction site and I don't think anyone, in the spirit of harm reduction, can give this dude good advice on combining 400mg doses of methadone with xanax...

If you do it, half your regular dose of methadone and start with .5mg of xanax. Xanax doesn't really have a noticeable high. It fucks you up, but you can't really notice it much yourself. It relieves anxiety and makes you slur in high doses but there is little to no euphoria from it at all. And this is why it's so dangerous. People try to chase a non existent benzo high while on an opiate, respiratory depression is magnified tenfold, and they od and die.

My advice: if your going to do it, keep the doses of each low. But the problem with benzos is they can really impair your judgement and make you think more is a good idea...

dang, i take a lot of oxy (it my DoC) and 200-300 mgs would have me "asleep" with a benzo, think when we super tolerant opiate users are put to sleep by a massive dose, sleep ain't the right word for it, if you know what I am saying, shit is dangerous. That sleep prob is scary as fk for your nearest and dearest.

Good to see you posting PB you were talking posting about oxy (and crack, lol I remember you loved crack) back in the days I still was only on codeine and tramadol.

That "sleep" you mentioned jigga, is what caused my family members to send me to the ER so many times.