• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Not sure I have a hopeful vision anymore

I am happy and fulfilled. I will not always be happy, and I'm not always happy. Life is ups and downs. But I am mostly happy.
It sounds like you have made a really good recovery.
What instrument do you play?
Perhaps another way to put it, would be to say you are "at peace" ?

It sounds like you have made a really good recovery.
What instrument do you play?
Perhaps another way to put it, would be to say you are "at peace" ?

Yes, more or less. My life still has problems like everyone's. I have a lot of financial stress right now and I recently lost my dad, and my girlfriend is kind of frozen and dissatisfied with her life as part of the fallout from childhood PTSD so that is hard. But yeah I would say I am at peace with who I am and the direction my life is going, and with the people in my life, and with what I'm doing with my time. There are always shitty parts of life for everyone I think, but my baseline state is happiness and fulfillment.

I play keys, the band is really picking up, too, it's very exciting.

shitty parts of life for everyone
yep...I think there is a lie we all like to tell ourselves, and we choose to believe it: "This is how it's going to be forever". Life obviously has constant ups and downs.
Yet, when things are going good, we tell ourselves...this is the way it's gonna be from now on...yea baby...only it's not, and we become disappointed.
And when hardship arrives, we still tell ourselves the same stupid lie...this is how it's going to be forever, and we become depressed.
Stupid really.

I'm a shit-hot air-guitarist =D

Yeah we're really good at lying to ourselves and spinning a false tale.