• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Not sure about acetone wash or recrystallization

Florida boy

Greenlighter
I hope I'm posting this in the correct place as I am very green. There are quite a few questions so I will list them all below, if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. There were suspicions that something was odd.. even though it looked amazing, had slight earthy smell, and all the correct signs. It tested as cocaine with a home drug test kit, with negative results for all other substances.

- when doing an acetone wash as described by Le Junk, it does not appear that any of the "sample" dissolves into the acetone. If so, it's so little that I cannot notice. The sample settles within 5 seconds of the mixing and that's it. The top layer of liquid is crystal clear after those 5 seconds as well. Could this show something bad about the sample? I heard the quality was high, but this doesn't seem right.

- the next concern, after all procedures are followed for drying. The sample is in hard rocks, with some powder, a flat white, doesn't look that great from experience.. Is this normal? Or should it be glossy white and have visible crystals? After approx four short 150 degree heat sessions, and then approx 36 hrs of air drying, the hard rocks break down to a powder with a little effort of course. Once this is all complete, and test sample is administered. Immediate slight burn that goes away in 5-10 seconds, there's not a whole lot if numbing effect with this sample either. The effects do not seem bad, but the sinus pressure, and what feels like tightening in the sinus and jaw area, isn't so pleasant. Oh and the nasty yellow snot that forms a few hours later, some nice big chunks of half hard mucus.. Ughh

the next thought was to try recrystallization on the already washed sample. This was done also by le junks method.
everything went well up to the appearance after about 24 hrs of being on a Teflon cookie sheet. The dried result was a hard crust, it's hard to explain and I'm sure pictures would help but I do not have access to them myself.
the sample was very hard, and looked speckled. I had heard that round looking "pinwheels" should form. As you can tell by now that I am inexperienced with understanding the results of both of these methods, it just does not seem right. Anyone that has performed either of these methods and could share your thoughts, it would be appreciated. If you think it's good or bad, or maybe something done wrong during the process? I feel the processes were done 100% correct following Le Junks write ups.
I wanted to go ahead and say thanks for your time.
flboy.

If no one has any input, how about any ways to test for adultrants or purity. Maybe ways to test for something or to rule some out as well? I really want to help him figure this out and I'm stuck. Thanks

When ya sniff it does it numb your shit? And your lips if you rub it on?

I once spent an afternoon reading about the acetone wash....Did you use 99-100% pure ANHYDROUS Acetone? That makes a huge difference, as I believe Cocaine Hydrochloride is water-soluble, so if you didn't use anhydrous acetone....you could have lost some blow.
Sorry but I've got the 8:00 pm blues after being productive all-day, so that's all I can think of for now...but when I get my second wind a little later i'll brush up on Coke-washing procedures to see if I can offer any helpful input.
Godspeed for now...

Thanks for the reply. There is very little numbing noticed with this kind. I've heard mixed feelings about numbing from people.
but yes the acetone was approx 99% and then also used the Epsom salt technique to try to get it as dry as possible. I don't think the chems nor procedures are an issue, but at this point.. Who knows.

A guy I know found what he thought was a pretty decent blow. Except for a strong diesel/kerosine smell and taste. So strong it actually burns his nose. When he mention this to me I told him about acetone wash. I mention that to him and he tried it but told me after it was completed that it really didn't make any difference in the taste, smell, burn was all still there. He said it may be slightly better but still way too strong. Does anyone have any ideas for what else he could do or something different to help him? I stopped using years ago and am clueless. Just trying to help people i know use as safe as possible but i cant find much help. I don't want him hurting himself more than normal because he can't get his junk clean. I was under the impression that I was sure clean out impurities and bad smell / taste?