Technical Problem MEGATHREAD - Email and Alert notifications aren't working.

Have you checked your account preferences mate? Just to make sure you didn't turn the option to receive notifications off?

If you're not receiving emails, it could be related to the mail-out/spam issue we generated, which you can read about here.

Aside from that, it would have to be a system glitch. It has happened to quite a few of us at various times 😕

Last edited:
Have you checked your account preferences mate? Just to make sure you didn't turn the option to receive notifications off?

View attachment 21436

Aside from that, it would have to be a system glitch. It has happened to quite a few of us at various times 😕

everything was on, it is an intermittent problem, it seems to have no regularity, sometimes I get alerts other times not.. if I have just visited the thread, yes, I will get the alert, but, if I stay a while without visiting it, the notifications will stop... seems to be like that.

Reactions: CFC
everything was on, it is an intermittent problem, it seems to have no regularity, sometimes I get alerts other times not.. if I have just visited the thread, yes, I will get the alert, but, if I stay a while without visiting it, the notifications will stop... seems to be like that.

Ok, I also notice many times when people have quoted me or given me an @ and I didn't get notified (which is probably why it sometimes looks like I'm ignoring people - but I'm not). But probably 75% of the time I do get them. As you say, it seems intermittent and inconsistent.

I do apologise for it. It's not something we can really solve ourselves since it's an issue with XenForo itself. I will keep a look out and see if the developers have any suggestions for fixing the issue though.

Once again, apologies. I know how annoying it must be ❤

Please state which email service you use (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, bigpond.au, etc) as it helps us identify services we still need to reach out to and get off their blacklist.

Also, if you ARE getting emailed notifications - what service are you using so we can confirm we are not on their blacklists. Thank you.

Outlook/Hotmail doesn't seem to be giving me any email notifications. Just logged in for the first time today after a week or two of not being online and my notifications are jammed pack full.

They would have stopped when we email-blasted about our 20th back in October. If you were getting them up until recently, it's something else. Dammit.

We (the site) need to work with your email provider (Outlook in your case) to assure them we aren't spammers and to take us off the blacklist. It takes time, but starts with having you lot tell us who you are using and if they are blocking us. I'll get yours put into the list we're working on.

When one enters their new e-mail, as I've recently noticed, it blocks you from posting as if you are newly registered until you confirm from your new e-mail. Well I couldn't access my mail from my phone, and considering how many passwords I have lost, if one were to add a nonapplicable or incorrect e-mail address, the site would effectively block them out. What were I have to have done had I not been able to access that new e-mail from elsewhere since I cannot from my phone (Google says it is an unrocognized device, despite me knowing the password)? Perhaps if this probationary period after registering, if can be, should be omitted somehow.

I'm receiving alerts, I was just not informed that changing e-mail would disable my posting (merged thread) ability.

What were I have to have done had I not been able to access that new e-mail from elsewhere since I cannot from my phone (Google says it is an unrocognized device, despite me knowing the password)? Perhaps if this probationary period after registering, if can be, should be omitted somehow.

Email verification is a security measure most sites use. For new registrants, it validates a human owns the account, and not a spam bot. For existing accounts that update their email address, it validates that the account (hopefully) wasn't stolen and is still under control by the proper human. I doubt any sites will do away with this functionality.

IF you change your email address to something incorrect by accident, the easiest solution is to email the admin at [email protected] where we will ask a few questions to verify you are the account owner and then we can manually overwrite the email address to what you intended to use. We can also manually activate accounts, for those who cannot receive the verification email due to our still ongoing issues with certain email providers.

^I'm just glad I could get into it somehow (guess it would've been dumb if I couldn't have, just lately I've had a lot of problems with forgotten passwords. Being fresh out of prison and all)