Mental Health Not getting adequate help for anxiety

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Hi!

I decided to make this topic, because I have personal experience with not getting adequate help for anxiety. I have this super anti-benzo doctor, who won't prescribe any benzos. I've gotten benefit from benzos before, but I don't want to get addicted to them, so I've been asking him if he could prescribe me something I could take "as needed". We've been trying many other non-benzo medications (mainly antipsychotics), but I haven't been getting the kind of help off them that I would like to get. I tend to get these anxiety attacks when I think I'm going to die. These anxiety issues have been diminishing my quality of life tremendously. I can't afford to visit a private doctor, because it would cost a hand and a leg. Currently I'm stuck with this one doctor for now.

Anyway, it would be nice to hear your story if you have the same kind of experiences.

Have you tried pregabalin? it helps with anxiety and there are not as many addiction risk as with benzos. I don't think your doctor has a problem prescribing it for you.

P.S. Change your doctor as soon as you can. Immediately!!