• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Nosebleed question

JDivision

Greenlighter
Hey - looking for some advice. Have been doing coke, probably 0.5/1g about every 2/3 months for around 12 years. Rarely any massive sessions, more recreationally over the past few months. Last x4 times I've done it I have been getting small nosebleeds either during the session or a day or two after. Always out of the same nostril (my right) - which is the one I tend to use more. Of the two nostrils, that one feels more 'open' it inhales easier and if I blow out, more air comes out than the other one. Does this likely mean that's screwed from now on? How much do you really have to take before risking some kind of Daniella Westbrook damage? Any advice appreciated. Ta.

The condition you describe where there is more "flow" through one nostril than the other is most likely a deviated septum. The nosebleeds on the other hand could be anything from ulcerated mucosa to necrosis. A saline solution in a nasal sprayer or neti pot before and after use might help it heal if you can keep your use down or at least use the smaller passage/nostril. The exact "safe" amount is an unreasonable question though.

Welcome to BL JD!

Don't snort anything until this clears up. See your doctor about it if it doesn't go away on its own, but don't exacerbate it by continuing to sniff stuff. Who knows OP, maybe you'll find it does you some good to take some extended time off cocaine?

I've never done coke, but I recently had a mild yet persistent nosebleed from my left nostril only. A visit to an ENT (for reasons unrelated to the nosebleed) showed I had a staff infection in my left nasal passage. Quite a common occurrence according to the MD.

Antibacterial ointment (prescription) up the nose twice a day for 2 weeks cleared it up completely.

Could be that's all your problem is too. Hope so.