• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants nose damage from adderall

coatrack

Greenlighter
so i started snorting adderall about 4-5 months ago i snort at least 1 to 3 30mg pills a day and recently ive been feeling super congested and i have a sore/cut in my right nostril which i don't typically snort out of. my left nostril is flimsy than before and i feel like i fucked something up in my nose i dont know of im imagining it or if i did actual damage.ive read a bunch of threads but they arent helping. i don't know how long u have to abuse snorting adderall until damages start happening. i never experience nose bleeds but my nose has been non stop runny and its super dry inside and out breathing seems to be difficult when laying down. i started using nasal spray and snorting water before and after each session. i don't know what damage ive done and what i should do to help heal my nose. how long of a break should i take? i see talk about mixing nasal spray and adderall. should i do that? if so how. i dont want to take them oraly again. im just worried because i keep reading the damages snorting can do. please give me sum advice and answers or tell me if im imagining it i truly appreciate it

Hi and welcome to Bluelight @coatrack :)
Snorting anything every day is going to do damage to your nose and sinuses. It doesn't matter if it's adderall, coke, ketamine, anything. The absolute best way to heal your nose and sinuses is to take a break.
Is there a reason you don't want to take them orally any more? Is it just because you don't get the same high off it as snorting? Understandable. But yeah....unfortunately your nose isn't really going to heal if you keep snorting every day. Perhaps you could just take them orally for a couple of weeks while your nose heals, then go back to snorting it if you want.
Personally I would avoid any nasal sprays too, just let it heal on its own. But others might have different suggestions.
If you've actually got sores in your nose it could be from a decline in your immune system. Do you eat at all when you're high? Are you drinking enough water?

Adderall are large so thats a fair amount of powder. Very unlikely did any real damage to your nose for that duration.

Take a break and try a week off fluticasone or triamcinolone nasal spray (they are over the counter), 1 spray each nostril 2x a day for a week or so. Avoid afrin type nasal sprays.

Better yet you could always plug them if you are intent on that effect, in fact plugged adderall is similar yet substantially better than snorted adderall. Of course its a bit of a pain in the ass 🤣

Snorting 3 pills that large everyday is a bad idea, the bigger risk is actually talc going into the lungs. I snorted 4 focalin tablets daily for a few years, yet those are like 1/5th the mass of a 30mg generic adderall. Who knows what it did to my lungs but it definitely did seem to effect my nose, far more suspectible to congestion now. Probably elevated risk for respiratory problems too, plus i imagine breathing all those pill binders puts me at a high risk for lung cancer.

Snorting anything every day is going to do damage to your nose and sinuses. It doesn't matter if it's adderall, coke, ketamine, anything. The absolute best way to heal your nose and sinuses is to take a break.
Is there a reason you don't want to take them orally any more? Is it just because you don't get the same high off it as snorting? Understandable. But yeah....unfortunately your nose isn't really going to heal if you keep snorting every day. Perhaps you could just take them orally for a couple of weeks while your nose heals, then go back to snorting it if you want.
Personally I would avoid any nasal sprays too, just let it heal on its own. But others might have different suggestions.
If you've actually got sores in your nose it could be from a decline in your immune system. Do you eat at all when you're high? Are you drinking enough water
y
If you've actually got sores in your nose it could be from a decline in your immune system. Do you eat at all when you're high? Are you drinking enough water?
yeah i figured id have to take em orally again i just like the kick in the morning to get me started. i was recently very sick and i do not eat when on them but i do drink alot of water but if its just my immune system and not the adderall that's more relieving thank you very much! u dont even know how relieved i am

Adderall are large so thats a fair amount of powder. Very unlikely did any real damage to your nose for that duration.

Take a break and try a week off fluticasone or triamcinolone nasal spray (they are over the counter), 1 spray each nostril 2x a day for a week or so. Avoid afrin type nasal sprays.

Better yet you could always plug them if you are intent on that effect, in fact plugged adderall is similar yet substantially better than snorted adderall. Of course its a bit of a pain in the ass 🤣

Snorting 3 pills that large everyday is a bad idea, the bigger risk is actually talc going into the lungs. I snorted 4 focalin tablets daily for a few years, yet those are like 1/5th the mass of a 30mg generic adderall. Who knows what it did to my lungs but it definitely did seem to effect my nose, far more suspectible to congestion now. Probably elevated risk for respiratory problems too, plus i imagine breathing all those pill binders puts me at a high risk for lung cancer.
i forsure have had enuff powered hit my lungs and i don't know the first thing ab plugging and don't know if i got the balls to do it. i will take a break and give my nose a rest im just glad its not major damage to my nose thank you so much for the help !

Yeah, after years of snorting various substances, my nose doesn't work quite as proper and I'm constantly semi-congested and it's difficult to breathe out of my nose. And this is after not snorting anything for months. Imo i've done permament damage from snorting, and that's not even as bad as it gets for some people. I have heard others that don't have a sense of smell, amongst other issues. If you continue snorting that amount of substance a day, just prepare yourself to not have a perfectly functioning nose and having those symptoms you have now lasting.

Tbqh they work fine orally and you get the same boost it just comes on 20 mins later. If you want a boost in the morning drink a coffee. Or like said above, plug them. But you will likely do irreversible damage to your nose eventually if you insist on snorting them at this volume regularly.

i forsure have had enuff powered hit my lungs and i don't know the first thing ab plugging and don't know if i got the balls to do it. i will take a break and give my nose a rest im just glad its not major damage to my nose thank you so much for the help !
Plugging them is actually a really good idea if you still want the high. It's really no big deal. Once you do it the first time you'll realise it's no big thing.

y

yeah i figured id have to take em orally again i just like the kick in the morning to get me started. i was recently very sick and i do not eat when on them but i do drink alot of water but if its just my immune system and not the adderall that's more relieving thank you very much! u dont even know how relieved i am
Amph counterintuitively has a higher bioavailability when taken orally. There is so much filler in Adderall that it is really not worth taking intranasally. You are absorbing the majority of the amph through your GI anyways, from the drip, likely the "kick" you feel is placebo. Oral Adderall will start to kick in after about 15mn in my experience, much faster than straight dex, which takes about 90mn, and of course Vyvanse which takes about 2 hours. I perforated my septum with coke about 8 years ago during a stint in W Africa. Perforation is about 1cm across, so not the end of the world and doesn't really have any detrimental effects. Funny thing, I have never had a nose bleed from coke, and when it perforated, it didn't even really hurt even after sobering up, which was unexpected. But with that its really because of the vasoconstriction and the hydrochloric acid that is left over after the cocaine is absorbed that does the damage. Necrosis + caustic trauma. Trust me, when you have a septum perforation, there is no mistaking it, you will know. Of course, I tend avoid putting anything up my nose now, although it does happen from time to time. Full on septum collapse is not a good look. See: Arti Lange. And that British dude who got arrested about 8-10 years back with a collapsed nose.

Plugging has a bioavailability and onset comparable to IV from what I have read. Have never IVed anything, and haven't plugged coke, but plugging adderall back in 2013, I found to not be as effective as I expected, which I was surprised about. But its a better bet than intranasal, as I said because of the filler. I would go oral or plug.

@coatrack
let it heal on its own
This. Don't put spray up it. And especially no drugs at LEAST until it's healed.
I too have a hole in my nose about the size of the big end of a biro pen maybe a little bigger /slight oblong.
The whistles at night alone are more than one reason not to go this far 😂
But seriously I was like you, it got sore, i carried on, eventually the sore just turned into a hole, and also - now when I do snort (very rarely as i inject now, in fact my nose being fucked is one of the main reasons I do) I swear it gets worse.

Plugging is no big deal just get a calpol oral syringe crush your tablet in a shot glass, draw up warm water from the tap into the syringe and add it to the powder, stir up for a bit, draw up into the syringe wet the end a bit for comfort or even use lube and either squat down or lie down and insert at least an inch and squirt up there its advisable to lie on your front for 5 min, after you wash your hands of course lol 👍
learn from our mistakes and save your nose before its too late

@coatrack

This. Don't put spray up it. And especially no drugs at LEAST until it's healed.
I too have a hole in my nose about the size of the big end of a biro pen maybe a little bigger /slight oblong.
The whistles at night alone are more than one reason not to go this far 😂
But seriously I was like you, it got sore, i carried on, eventually the sore just turned into a hole, and also - now when I do snort (very rarely as i inject now, in fact my nose being fucked is one of the main reasons I do) I swear it gets worse.

Plugging is no big deal just get a calpol oral syringe crush your tablet in a shot glass, draw up warm water from the tap into the syringe and add it to the powder, stir up for a bit, draw up into the syringe wet the end a bit for comfort or even use lube and either squat down or lie down and insert at least an inch and squirt up there its advisable to lie on your front for 5 min, after you wash your hands of course lol 👍
learn from our mistakes and save your nose before its too late
LOL the whistle. In Benin and lots of other parts of west africa, the way you call a waiter at a bar or restaurant is to whistle. So this can be a bit inconvenient if I am doing coke at that bar or restaurant. I also have the paranoia that it gets bigger anytime I snort anything now, but 95% of the time I think its just the coke doing what coke does after you've abused it for too long and its paranoia. I don't do it outside of W Africa as you can't find real coke in the US with any regularity. Haven't been back since 2016, but will probably be going over again soon, so we'll see. Conditioned place preference and all that.

Always been too scared to IV. Margin for error is, well..marginal. Stay safe my friend.

Always been too scared to IV
Wish I had been tbh... Although thesedays i would much rather lose a few more veins/get a few more scars than end up with just one nostril like Westbrook etc

I do enjoy it of course but it is can be pretty destructive to your veins ontop of being true next level addicting.

If i had money I'd get the surgery to close the hole over I think they insert a disc or something, bet it's silly money.

I've plugged Adderall since I was about 16, like everyone else says, it's no big deal.

However, if you must snort, buy 0.22 micron filters off of amazon, they are about 5 dollars for 10 of them. dissolve the Adderall in a syringe with a detachable needle, insert the plunger into the micron filter, push it through, then do a rinse immediately afterwards.

Get one of those nose sprays where you can empty the liquid out, rinse it, dry it out in the sun, write down the exact number of mls of water being put into the bottle, figure out how much liquid is sprayed out in each spray to determine how many mgs of Adderall are in each spray.

THIS WILL STILL BE BAD FOR YOUR NOSE, but it will be significantly less bad.

Wish I had been tbh... Although thesedays i would much rather lose a few more veins/get a few more scars than end up with just one nostril like Westbrook etc

I do enjoy it of course but it is can be pretty destructive to your veins ontop of being true next level addicting.

If i had money I'd get the surgery to close the hole over I think they insert a disc or something, bet it's silly money.
The really scary fucking one is the perforated upper pallet. Ever seen that pubmed article with the dude in Boston? Hilariously, there is also this Dr. on twitter who speculates that Trump has a hard pallet perforation from being a raging coke head. He said at one point that the speech where he had orange chunks flying out of his nose, that this was from that. Absurd theory. Clearly someone who doesn't understand how non functional someone who does that much coke is. While trump almost certainly had a stimulant habit, it was IMO most likely modafinil, possibly adderall or dex. But a heavy coke habit, as I am sure you know, is all consuming, especially one heavy enough to perforate ones upper pallet, or even septum for that matter. Did coke relatively responsibly for 10 years, then all it took was a three month bender to go from responsible to hole in the septum and people in the trees and crawling on the ground looking for coke, for hours. All consuming. And stimulant psychosis. Wow. Talk about losing control, losing yourself.....thank god I was in west africa, if I had been in the US I would have no doubt been incarcerated. And im an attorney, so a criminal charge like that would have changed my life trajectory dramatically.

so i started snorting adderall about 4-5 months ago i snort at least 1 to 3 30mg pills a day and recently ive been feeling super congested and i have a sore/cut in my right nostril which i don't typically snort out of. my left nostril is flimsy than before and i feel like i fucked something up in my nose i dont know of im imagining it or if i did actual damage.ive read a bunch of threads but they arent helping. i don't know how long u have to abuse snorting adderall until damages start happening. i never experience nose bleeds but my nose has been non stop runny and its super dry inside and out breathing seems to be difficult when laying down. i started using nasal spray and snorting water before and after each session. i don't know what damage ive done and what i should do to help heal my nose. how long of a break should i take? i see talk about mixing nasal spray and adderall. should i do that? if so how. i dont want to take them oraly again. im just worried because i keep reading the damages snorting can do. please give me sum advice and answers or tell me if im imagining it i truly appreciate it
Try using Vaseline or antibiotic cream. Definitely don't pick at the scabs.
Long time snorter and I've caused a ton of damage to my poor nose. Even during my sobriety breaks, my nose stays fucked up. I've also damaged my septum to the point of needing surgery.
Be careful with your poor nose

Not to be mean but I've never understood why so many addicts choose the nose route via drugs that can be swallowed or as others said plugged.

I'm addicted to swallowing pills and waiting for the come-up as it is very exciting for me lol. Of course the nose method will get the effects instantaneously, but the pleasure part dies sooner and withdrawals hit sooner. If you do not want to plug them for some reason, would swallowing them not be an alternate route?

I won't mention what the surgery is sorry. It's very complicated and only done is medically necessary. I can't have it done until I stop snorting for a year. Well, I've been using for 14 years and never had a year sober. Been waiting for a couple years.
It would be useless if I got it and went back to using.
It's a type of plastic surgery for the nose.

I won't mention what the surgery is sorry. It's very complicated and only done is medically necessary. I can't have it done until I stop snorting for a year. Well, I've been using for 14 years and never had a year sober. Been waiting for a couple years.
It would be useless if I got it and went back to using.
It's a type of plastic surgery for the nose.
Why don't you switch to plugging?

It's actually more orally bioavailable when you eat them, it's less efficient to snort them. Although you do reach peak plasma levels faster so there is more of a rush. Personally I much prefer eating them.

Plugging is better than both, better rush, more absorption, no nasal damage. Not everyone is willing to go there though, but something to think about.

It's actually more orally bioavailable when you eat them, it's less efficient to snort them. Although you do reach peak plasma levels faster so there is more of a rush. Personally I much prefer eating them.

Plugging is better than both, better rush, more absorption, no nasal damage. Not everyone is willing to go there though, but something to think about.
Sorry to bump but would plugging XR pills still be XR? Also, can you just go ahead and put the whole gel up there?