• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Normal on meth!

Marda

Bluelighter
1st post;very curious.
I would love to know why, when I do meth I feel absolutely nothing at all. If anything, my racing thoughts don’t jump so fast. I can go right to sleep on it, eat, anything a normie does. It’s not the source. I’ve been a polysubstance abuser for 13 years and have had many different varieties. Only thing I could think of is, I’m on a few antipsychotics?

1st post;very curious.
I would love to know why, when I do meth I feel absolutely nothing at all. If anything, my racing thoughts don’t jump so fast. I can go right to sleep on it, eat, anything a normie does. It’s not the source. I’ve been a polysubstance abuser for 13 years and have had many different varieties. Only thing I could think of is, I’m on a few antipsychotics?
Also, I don’t want to do it anymore but some days I can’t help myself even though nothing happens. I love the burn. But idk if that’s why I do it!

Welcome to bluelight, you should introduce yourself in the new member introduction area.

The antipsychotics will tone down the meth quite abit. I know I wouldn't be eating or sleeping after doing meth. It could also be tolerance.

I doubt it is the burn alone that has you coming back (if that's really the case just FYI table salt has a nice sting to it 🤔).

Welcome to bluelight, you should introduce yourself in the new member introduction area.

The antipsychotics will tone down the meth quite abit. I know I wouldn't be eating or sleeping after doing meth. It could also be tolerance.

I doubt it is the burn alone that has you coming back (if that's really case just FYI table salt has a nice sting to it 🤔).
Well I’ve tried excedrin and one pill is like 5 lines and I couldn’t leave any behind.
I would do about 6 fattys a day or smoke back to back. Nothing. Maybe my meds ARE way to powerful. When I used to smoke crack, I would have full blown seizures. Not knowing the cause was from being on these meds.
with meth, there’s serotonin syndrome. But I really don’t know what that feels like.🤷🏽‍♀️

If I smoke meth, I can take a nap with no interruptions. I have pretty bad ADD. The only person I know worse than me is a good friend who gets prescribed Adderall by the same psych as me but he has narcolepsy. I just get tired in general, you know from thinking. So a lot of doctors thought I was depressed but I was just tired because my brain is on a constant loop and I need to slow it down

Mental health medication can block meths effects. I was on celexa and had to almost double my shots

Cheers @Atelier3, I don't think doctors recognize us ADDers enough. We exist and we're different from ADHD people in that we're not hyper at all. The other thing is that we get overwhelmed by the outside world so it might present as anxiety or depression but really we're just trying to get by in a fast-paced life that is way too much to deal with. I mean, I'm not telling anyone to go out and get drugs but that's what I eventually had to do and it was like a cure for me. I could finally see what was going on without getting too serious about it

Cheers @Atelier3, I don't think doctors recognize us ADDers enough. We exist and we're different from ADHD people in that we're not hyper at all. The other thing is that we get overwhelmed by the outside world so it might present as anxiety or depression but really we're just trying to get by in a fast-paced life that is way too much to deal with. I mean, I'm not telling anyone to go out and get drugs but that's what I eventually had to do and it was like a cure for me. I could finally see what was going on without getting too serious about it
Lol so basically it’s ADD?

Lol so basically it’s ADD?
@Marda, I would rule out whatever it is you're taking besides meth. I was just saying that meth calms me down to where I can think clearly. Snorting it wakes me up and smoking it makes me drowsy at first, that's all I was saying. No doubt I get high from it but that's if I abuse it. I've only done that a few times and it ended okay because I ended up asleep. I just don't get hyper at all. That's all I was saying

I honestly believe that I'm ADD and OCD. Just moved alot and never got the diagnosis. Drugs came early, and altered became my baseline normal.

Interesting! 🤔 it’s just strange to me. I also asked the doctor in a detox about it and he blew me off. He was more concerned about the xan and roxys wd. But what is mind boggling to me is that coke, crack, meth, either don’t do much or nothing at all.
Now xan for bed keeps me asleep and I wake refreshed. But it’s a bitch bc no script and she won’t give me one knowing in an addict.
I did a like of ketamine this morning. Not really liking the effects. Just wanted the bag to be done. I might take a nap so I can get out of it.
Point being. Some shit works and others are extremely psychological!!!!

Last edited:
Mental health medication can block meths effects. I was on celexa and had to almost double my shots
Did you ever stop meds? I’ve been on Effexor 300mg Limicral 300 and Vraylar 1.5. I ran out of the recent Vraylar, read up on the wd and sounds bad. Today’s day 5 without it. I just hyper and high strung at night. I assume the Effexor and limictal mask the withdrawal? Idk. All I know is I want off all of them and want to do an ayahuasca retreat. ☀

@Marda, I would rule out whatever it is you're taking besides meth. I was just saying that meth calms me down to where I can think clearly. Snorting it wakes me up and smoking it makes me drowsy at first, that's all I was saying. No doubt I get high from it but that's if I abuse it. I've only done that a few times and it ended okay because I ended up asleep. I just don't get hyper at all. That's all I was saying
Sounds like me. My sister teases me and says I have adrenalinitis. Nothing makes me happy or excites me. Only thing other than drugs is my sport which Covid fucked up. I used to aerobics. Where you go Ip in plane and dive. Spirals, circles, loops etc. that’s a high

Did you ever stop meds? I’ve been on Effexor 300mg Limicral 300 and Vraylar 1.5. I ran out of the recent Vraylar, read up on the wd and sounds bad. Today’s day 5 without it. I just hyper and high strung at night. I assume the Effexor and limictal mask the withdrawal? Idk. All I know is I want off all of them and want to do an ayahuasca retreat. ☀
Yep, I found meth and immediately dropped the meds. Serotonin syndrome is a serious risk, especially with meth.

All relapses I knew to double up if I was on medication because of the blocking effects of my medicines (stupid). Prozac+ meth can kill you though, so I detoxed for over a month before the last relapse.

Symptoms of SS
Agitation, sweating, tremors, spasms, high fever, coma, death, lots of other stuff.

Yep, I found meth and immediately dropped the meds. Serotonin syndrome is a serious risk, especially with meth.

All relapses I knew to double up if I was on medication because of the blocking effects of my medicines (stupid). Prozac+ meth can kill you though, so I detoxed for over a month before the last relapse.

Symptoms of SS
Agitation, sweating, tremors, spasms, high fever, coma, death, lots of other stuff.
Interesting. I wonder if they are in the same class of drugs...Prozac and Effexor or Limictal.
I’ll have to do some research.
my main reason for wanting to stop my SSRIs are bc I would like to try to micro dose lsd or that nasal spray ketamine.
I did too much kitty the other night and said I didn’t like it but who knows on a micro dose. Acid as well which I love.
Reason being to stop too is bc I HATE being physically dependent on anything anymore. I’m scared to death my insurance papers didn’t go thru on time and my insurance will be no good then I’ll go cold turkey off meds. Last time that happened, I went on a crack and heroin binge for 10 years. One guy blew his head off I knew. (Our psych just walked out of practice one day) so I’m def scared to just stop them. Worse comes to worse, maybe meth would help the withdrawal bc I never want to go back down that dark hell again

Yeah that’s what I was saying as well and what I was getting at. It slows my racing thoughts and I can pay attention to people talking to me or whatever else I’m doing. I was thinking I was immune to it or something. Sounds like same things happen to me

Only thing I could think of is, I’m on a few antipsychotics?

Antipsychotics are dopamine and serotonin antagonists. Infact their maine mode of action that is considered therapeutical is blocking dopamine receptors. From there the whole (at least much of) "dopamine hypothesis " as explenation for psychosis is derived. So yes they also block stimulants which need free dopamine receptors in the brain to exert their primary effects.

I hope things get better for you. Take care!