PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

freehugs

Bluelighter
[Back to the Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread]

ANNOUNCEMENT

Please note that Bluelight's Healthy Living forum covers discussion of supplement stacks. PD only wishes to focus on cognition enhancement as an extension of consciousness expansion. We also aim to discuss the combination of nootropics with psychedelics or even other drugs, and their (potential) interactions.

Refer to HL to supplement your general discussion of vitamins and other additive nutrients.

[original post:]

taken daily, piracetam definitely improved my concentration and gave me kind of a happy glow all day long. This was with 3200mg daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nice freehugs! Did you try taking Choline with it?

The L-Theanine combination with Piracetam/Choline has been yielding pretty nice results. I have to say my recollection has improved greatly and it's been nice to have a calm demeanor when discussing things with coworkers. I'm taking around 300-500mg of L-Theanine a day from various drinks (green tea and some other supplement drinks).

I found out that Smart Drugs for Thought has a PDF on their Research page (http://smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research) and I recommend checking it out and giving it a look over (new and habitual Racetam users). It has a lot of information on it about not just Piracetam but all the other Racetams as well.

Haha nice freehugs! Did you try taking Choline with it?

The L-Theanine combination with Piracetam/Choline has been yielding pretty nice results. I have to say my recollection has improved greatly and it's been nice to have a calm demeanor when discussing things with coworkers. I'm taking around 300-500mg of L-Theanine a day from various drinks (green tea and some other supplement drinks).

I found out that Smart Drugs for Thought has a PDF on their Research page (http://smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research) and I recommend checking it out and giving it a look over (new and habitual Racetam users). It has a lot of information on it about not just Piracetam but all the other Racetams as well.

That research is very interesting :)

are we allowed to discuss prices and source for piracetam since it is legal? I wanted to give it a try but want to make sure I'm not overpaying!

So if i'm taking dialy piracetam and I take what for me is a normal dose if 2cb will I be blown away

I've read some reports where it potentiates phenetylamines like 2cb a lot.
I only have experience with lsd, and I was blown away with piracetam (maybe it was the 400mics, but it was definitely an extreme beautiful trip)

are we allowed to discuss prices and source for piracetam since it is legal? I wanted to give it a try but want to make sure I'm not overpaying!

No source discussion allowed of any kind, except thing like milligram scales which are of course not in the 'consumable' category.
Reason is that we are not going to check on legislature of all different kinds of stuff, laws also differ per country.

BL is not a consumer's review site so I'm not really very willing to tolerate price discussion either - exceptions are tricky. Sorry if you have low google skills but I think you're just gonna have to put in the research time - with simple search queries you should be able to compare prices all over the internet. You may also find another forum that has price comparisons to lead you to a good source.

Legislation really confuses me, I thought it was announced that it was going to be banned as a supplement in the US but you can still get it. Vagueness.

Anyway I still have some left from an old order and I take like a gram, not multiple ones like other people. And it's quite effective. I don't take it often, not often at all, so that way I keep noticing it as an 'extra'.

L-theanine is really great, I think it's one of the most natural feelings of calming down and I don't think it's easy to OD on, just levels out instead of acting linearly or worse, somehow you see that more often with biochems than the truly synthetic or pharmaceutical compounds. I never considered L-theanine for sleeping, don't think it feels heavy enough for that or hypnotic, I don't get tired on it. Conversely valerian makes me super tired, but it seems to depend on which brand or formulation I take.
Phenibut is also a very nice gift. Not druggy but often makes a difficult day turn into a walk in the park.

I also take choline citrate, ALCAR and glucosamine and bought omega fat oils today. Recently I got really itchy when I got hot during martial arts exercizes and I was wondering if it was the fabric of the suit or biting fabric bugs or something so I overreacted and googled and stumbled upon cholinergic urticaria and I was like: cholinergic? Ehhhhhh.....
Anyway I think I overreacted and it's just that I have a bit messed up veins from too many drugs in my lifetime, like I can also easily get weird sensations in my extremities. So I just think that my veins need to get adjusted to being rushing with a lot of blood during exercize and the pores opening with mineral rich sweat and everything. It's probably just that.

Hmm you are only taking 150mg of Choline Bitartrate? How much Piracetam are you taking, or if you are taking a different Racetam how much are you taking?

I take 620mg of Choline Bitatrate daily with my Piracetam.

Choline B is the most cost effective Choline considering it is fairly cheap and sufficiently replaces your Choline that the Piracetam uses. I've used Alpha-GPC and Choline B several times, I do notice that the Alpha-GPC's effects on Piracetam is stronger, but as it's so expensive I stuck to using Bitartrate as it works efficiently and is pretty cheap.

:) hope you found this helpful!

Would 80mg twice daily have any noticeable effect? that's pretty much all i can fit into a cap :?

So I've been looking up Aniracetam, and even ordered some. Just curious about overall dosing with my stack such as the Choline Bitartrate (should I increase my current dosage, or should I be fine?). I've taken it a few times since it's arrived and it gave me a much more focused feeling than Piracetam alone, as well as a more...contemplative state of mind. I found myself not just looking into my studies but analyzing them. Definitely an interesting feeling.

I found most the information about Aniracetam I know at www.smartdrugsforthought.com/what-is-aniracetam which is detailed yet easy to follow. Since my starting of my brief (so far) experiments with Aniracetam, my overall interest in ampakines has grown. Still haven't gotten to try Lion's Mane...someone told me it takes like 5-6 months of taking before noticeable effects are felt.

If anyone knows where I can find more research on Aniracetam, as well, I would greatly appreciate it.

oh, shit, forgot was all nootropics...80mg of Piracetam
Thanks

Most people take significantly higher doses than that. I would suggest investing in bigger caps. Eating a handful of smaller caps sucks IME.
Here is a useful chart. I've fit almost a gram of various powders into 00.
Or you could just dump the powder into a liquid(orange juice is commonly used), although I find piracetam to be vile tasting and could not do this on a daily basis.

For piracetam 80 mg isn't nearly a common dose. Around 500-1000 mg is more like it. Though multi gram doses are unnecessarily high in my opinion.

Thanks for the read, it was interesting. Nice and Ray Kurzweil ish. A lot of compounds and pharms are named that are indeed fascinating but there are many tricky parts about balancing a stack and managing the side effects, some of which can be serious if you try to use certain anti-Parkinsons medication way off label for example.

About aniracetam though: that is absolutely wonderful. Cognition, mental and manifested agility, sensory experience and more are boosted in the most wonderful way yet it is not stimmy, but rather relaxing. Like there is enough 'room and time' in the head not to become overwhelmed by any of it but instead the opposite: relax because you can handle it. Improves my quality of sleep whereas piracetam does nothing for it or even keep me up a little late.

Scales are fine as I've weighed other stuff and it's correct. Also bought Piracetam in caps and they weren't 800mg like the bottle said...bout the same as how much powder I can fit into a cap :?
Just weighed one 0.99 <---bout as much as i can fit into a cap, take away 0.12 (cap weight) left with 87mg?

You should get a lot more than 87mg in a cap. I have size 0 caps, which weigh ~110mg. You can check the size of your capsules by printing out a capsule size chart from http://www.torpac.com/Reference/unlinked_size_chart.htm and checking the empty capsules against the diagrams on the paper to see which one fits.

If your capsules are size 0 or greater, then your 0.12 reading on the scales for the weight of the capsule must indicate 120mg. That would mean you actually have 870mg of piracetam per cap. You should easily be able to fit more than 87mg in to a size 0 cap, more like a few hundred milligrams depending on the density of the milled compound. A size 00 capsule would fit even more.

I can imagine that you may only be able to fit 87mg of powder in a cap if the capsules are tiny. But that is doubtful given that piracetam is dosed in the high hundreds of milligrams, and is most likely to be sold in large capsules.

I imagine that he's just reading .87 as 87 milligrams. A full capsule holding 870 milligrams rather than 87 milligrams just makes so much more sense.

I'm glad you're not experimenting with potent drugs, that could have been bad!

Yea you could always pour the powder into a drink....Piracetam tastes horrible though. You can get used to it...but I mean honestly it tastes like straight chems.

Dunno who ever you got your caps from was hooking you up, putting more (70mg more right?) than what was labeled on the bottle. The people who I get mine from tend to put a little more than 800mg as well into their capsules.

I'm definitely enjoying the Neuro Wave Aniracetam, puts me into a super focused state. I'd call it "diamond-focused" but I don't want to give off the impression that it's some sort of super drug. But it definitely helps me take all the smaller pieces and put it into a single focused project.

Still curious about if I should increase my choline dosage.