• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Racetams

I have a solid friend who isn't the type to bs and is very much like me who claims alpha brain worked. I am aware of Piracetam but it's illegal and I don't want to get into buying stuff illegally, but who knows? I may end up going the down that road of silk.

^What country do you live in? I wasn't aware of piracetam being illegal in any country. If it is illegal where you live, there are dozens of other nootropics that probably aren't illegal.

I've also never heard of any nootropics that cause strange dreams. Creativity is one thing they can cause, but mainly they are used for focus and concentration. I have used Aniracetam a number of times although I never got to taking it for any long consecutive period. I definitely felt focus and concentration with a bit more creativity. Personally, I wouldn't buy what you are talking about. It sounds like a combination of nootropics with other substances. It would be MUCH cheaper to just buy a nootropic in bulk and probably just as if not more effective

Hey everyone - Been lurking on here for a while and decided I'd finally make an account and join the community! Anyways, I've been researching nootropics as of late and believe I have at least a decent idea of how some of them work and how they can be beneficial.

As such, I've ordered Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Choline Bititrate. Would you guys say that this is a good starting point? I'm also considering taking fish oil and melatonin occasionally to help me sleep, as I've recently stopped my cannabis use. I am planning on taking ~800mg of Pira and Anira daily, with a possible redose of Pira later in the day if necessary.

Is this a good starting point, or are there any others I should be adding? Also, what would the appropriate amount of Choline to take with this stack? I'm assuming I'll only need to take it in the morning, but want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

microwave55 sounds like you already have a good plan. Piracetam and Aniracetam work great together, considering the different areas of the brain they each stimulate as well as the fact that Piracetam is reported to stimulate the Corpus Callosum which acts as the communicative bridge between the two hemispheres. Choline bitartrate is a good choline source and one that I personally have been using for some time. I'm considering switching to Alpha-GPC since I added Neuro Vortex to my Nootropic Stack, because Pramiracetam is supposed to increase your Choline uptake which could cause the Piracetam's ACh receptor stimulation effects to heighten.

I've been taking Pramiracetam for about 2 weeks now long with both Piracetam and Aniracetam and have noticed an increase in my ability to recall memories from my younger days as well as things I learned in school earlier on. I can definitely feel that Pramiracetam is stronger than the other two Racetams I'm taking and that it seems to heighten my mood slightly. I've only been taking 300mg a day and after another 2 weeks I will start taking 600mg a day and see how the experience goes.

hey all - got my aniracetem and choline in the mail today...still waiting on the piracetem. Also picked up some (metals purified) fish oil. Should I go ahead and start the regimen without the piracetem, see how I feel, and then add it in to notice the combined effect? Or alternatively just wait for the piracetem and go all in with all 4 supplements?

I would go with what you have then add or take away as needed. That way you get a better read on the characteristics of each.

Just received my order of Neuro Vortex - Pramiracetam from Smart Drugs for Thought on Friday. I pretty much took a capsule as soon as I got the package inside and open, and I can say that compared to the Piracetam and the Aniracetam it is definitively stronger. I've noticed that with the Pramiracetam that I'm able to recall things that I had learned in the past a lot better than when I was just taking the Aniracetam and Piracetam combo, as well as memories from younger days seem to be much clearer and defined than normally. I'm quite pleased with what I've experienced thus far with Pramiracetam, and considering that it's effects are still noticeable even after a few months of not taking it I'm happy that I added it to my Nootropic stack.

Right now I'm looking around to find a decently priced Alpha-GPC product to add in to be taken every other day or every three days. I did a bit of reading on Pramiracetam and saw that it increases your Choline uptake so more choline is able to be used which should work positively with Piracetam considering the fact that it stimulates the ACh receptors. Also am trying to see if I can find a cheaper L-Theanine than what I'm currently taking as it is currently the most expensive item that is in my Nootropic stack.

When I tried out Piracetam it didn't work at all for me. Piracetam + Choline = no effects notice.
But that's just me.

The Pramiracetam has been extremely effective. When I first started taking Piracetam i noticed an effect but it was no where near as pronounced as the Neuro Vortex. I've been able to recall things that I learned in High School and capable of applying them to my current studies which before would have taken more time and effort than was desired. Pramiracetam, Aniracetam and Piracetam together seem to be working quite well for me, and I'm looking into Sulbutiamine to see if it's reported increase in cholinergic transmissions would be a positive addition to my current Nootropic Stack.

Are you taking Neuro Boost Piracetam??? Because Neuro Vortex is Pramiracetam and fat soluble...

I've been taking that companies Racetams for a while now and I've never had any problems... Have you taken Piracetam/Pramiracetam before, and if so did you notice an effect then? I know when I took their piracetam I did a dose of around 16g Piracetam and I had an extremely positive day and effects. Your not taking choline shouldn't be a cause of it not effecting you, have you tried contacting them and seeing what they say and if they have any advice?

How long have you been taking Piracetam as well? I know for myself it took around 2-3 weeks before I began noticing the effects, and Piracetam isn't some sort of super cognitive enhancer like portrayed in the movie "Limitless".

Last edited by a moderator:
Piracetam used to work wonders for me 10 years ago using the old orange 800mg UCB pills at a 3200mg dose.

It must have done its work back then, as I could definitely feel a psychoactive effect from them, hard to explain the feeling.
Now I can eat bulk powder by the spoonful, and nothing seems to be happening.. (I've a good verbal memory and act eccentrically now tho :) ) I self-diagnosed myself as on some borderline autistic spectrum, as I am very quiet, even among friends, and crave for my own space constantly. (Thank god for the spare 'Computer room' while I was in a 7 year relationship, with us on different shifts lol)

When I see groups of people standing around constantly yapping in a bar, I think "What the hell have they got to talk about? If it's presumably idle chat?
Unless it's a debate about Quantum Mechanics, or something esoteric, I'm simply disinterested, finding it a waste of time, oh well.......

I'm not on any 'stack' at the moment.....(spent the last decade battling booze, have a screwed up GABA and Dopaminergic system as a result, and resorted to Benzos when the Dopamine Rebound started to kick me in the face) I have other addictions, but that would be off topic here lol

After (if), I can stay sober for at least a year, I will definitely be using some of the newer Racetam Analogs to try and repair the cognitive decline. (My spelling has gone from higher than average to absolute rubbish in a decade) Using Google Chrome in a forum results in a lot of red underlines :)

Last edited:
I never minded the taste of piracetam, actually, when I was taking it I either dumped it in a long drink, found it improved the taste of tesco own brand lime soda, or just dumped it in my mouth and took a drink. Aniracetam doesn't taste of anything at all in my experience, unsurprising being fat soluble. IMO it should be taken with a fatty meal, or better, fish oil capsules to aid absorption. Pramiracetam doesn't taste too good though.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about the idle chat, the need for space. I can go months without interacting, other than either online, or to go out and buy food. (actually I'm dx'd, i'm classically autie, not just the best way to be, but the ONLY way=D)

is it absolutely necessary to take something with fat when taking aniracetam?
i have been taking aniracetam 1500mg daily and noopept 40mg daily
its been 4 days i have noticed improvement in reading so far

is it absolutely necessary to take something with fat when taking aniracetam?
i have been taking aniracetam 1500mg daily and noopept 40mg daily
its been 4 days i have noticed improvement in reading so far

Well Aniracetam is fat-soluble so it will breakdown better and more will be absorbed if you have something in your stomach that has fat in it. What else are you taking along with the Noopept/Aniracetam? Are you taking a Choline source as well? I'm very curious about Noopept, but I'm much too skeptical to order any at this time due to the limited research and information regarding it.

cryptix would you be able to comment on aniracetam vs oxiracetam? I have only tried the latter... thinking about getting more

I have not personally tried oxiracetam, but I have educated myself on the differences. The main one is that oxiracetam has more of a stimulant edge, and a lack of anxiolytic effects.

@ intelligentmind - a far source is simply a dietary source of fat. Avocado, yogurt, chocolate, etc. all contain a significant amount of fat. As aniracetam is fat soluble (vs most other racetams being water soluble) it is theorized that one should take aniracetam with a source of fat, in order for it to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

There is a possibility, however, that this is untrue. The fat solubility may only apply to the blood brain barrier, and not the initial bioavailability. This is my understanding.

I have not personally tried oxiracetam, but I have educated myself on the differences. The main one is that oxiracetam has more of a stimulant edge, and a lack of anxiolytic effects.

@ intelligentmind - a far source is simply a dietary source of fat. Avocado, yogurt, chocolate, etc. all contain a significant amount of fat. As aniracetam is fat soluble (vs most other racetams being water soluble) it is theorized that one should take aniracetam with a source of fat, in order for it to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

There is a possibility, however, that this is untrue. The fat solubility may only apply to the blood brain barrier, and not the initial bioavailability. This is my understanding.

thanks mang.
sadly this does not help me make my decision... i guess i just need to try aniracetam for myself! and start taking fish oil...

So i should be ok then as i eat mostly junk food, noodles sausage rolls, pizza, bread, they all have lots of fat or do i need a sort of healthy kind of fat?

You really should eat healthy. Not trying to be a preacher or anything, but eating healthy and maintaining a healthy diet is essential in brain health. Just as exercising is. But to answer your question, you will be fine if you take your fat solubles with some kind of food. Most processed food has various kinds of fat.

Aniracetam is a pretty effective Racetam, I'm taking around 750mg a day after breakfast and lunch (total of 1,500mg daily). I've been taking Aniracetam for the past several months, and I've noticed it certainly helps me when speaking with someone. I generally seem to have mental "stutters" when I'm trying to talk with someone, so I tend to take a bit to reply or say very little unless I've gotten over the "stutter". Aniracetam has seemingly helped reduced the occurrences of this mental "stutter". So I'm under the belief that it is beneficial with increasing verbal fluidity, and memory recall.

well, must say, noopept is doing something. at 15-20mg/day for the past 4 weeks, i am feeling some subtle effects, such as increased memory, better dream recollection, faster recovery from tripping or stim use (occasional as they are)...

however, there is still a feeling of.. irritability i guess that i associate with the current regimen. this is similar to, though to a lesser extent, to the piracetam irritability. it seems im quite quick in dismissing people and expecting them to do the right thing, like i am always acting a bit arrogant. i know im not usually like that, but i cant associate this with anything else.
and with noopept, unlike piracetam, i can keep it in check and cool my thoughts before i explode in someones face.

just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this before...

also, is there any reasearch showing the decreased neurotoxicity with racetam use with mdma?

I've noticed quite a similar feeling with noopept both with & without pramiracetam. Gonna lower my doses, and possibly add some huperzine and/ or some aniracetam. Hopefully that'll get me sorted. I'll let you guys know how it goes