• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Noopept - effective at all?

Wiserthanearlier

Bluelighter
I am trying to decide if noopept is an effective stimulant or placebo.

It is designed or marketed as a noortropic, so it is suggested to be used to enhance daily life - not to be a recreational drug.

Now let me say i would prefer recreational drugs any day, but was intrigued by this, so i have sought some.

I cannot really tell if it is doing much. I have tried insuffulation of a few mgs, no real effect.
Oral dose of 20mg around lunchtime seems to make me focused at best.
I can say this inst recreational atccall, but is it even any good to boost daily perfomance? Would i notice its effects more if i didnt drink caffeine?

I have also tried sunifiram and that was exactly the same. A dose of 10mg would result in a warm rush but not much else.
Anyone with experiences?

On a scale of 0-10 in terms of recreational value, I would give it 0.

I felt nothing nice whatsoever and went up to 100mg, which simply = headaches for me.

The ~racetams are somewhat different, and others have claimed to experience more recreational effects, but caffeine would be stronger and more recreational imo.

If you want to read a little about some of the research on noopept, and its uses, have a look here.

^ agreed with CFC.

If you're looking for a buzz, or recreational effects, this is the wrong class of substances.

I found noopept be pretty much inert, but a lot of people would saw otherwise. Either way, nootropics tend to work on the periphery and are absolutely not psychoactive, with a few very select and obvious cases; namely phenibut and tianeptine... and somewhat less so, modafinil. If you take a decent dose of any of those, you'll definitely know you've taken a drug.

Noopept did absolutely nada for me. I have ADD as well, and I have experimented with many nootropics. I have to say that the good majority have zero effect on me. Aside from caffeine/theanine, ginseng and nicotine, the only one that actually worked was phenylpiracetam, but it made me severely depressed after I would use it.

Anyone try combining noopept with cannabis? I really feel like it vastly improves my creativity. I used to draw as a preteen and quit once I hit puberty but on the two aforementioned substances I was really impressing myself with my art. One thing that was definitely not placebo is the High-Definition vision that noopept causes.

Thanks for the replies.
noopept seems to have very little effect at all. My placebo affects with small amounts were greater than larger doses. The placebo effect disappeared into no effects.

Sunifiram does have an effect like caffeine in that it keeps me awake but no other noticeable effects

I was on Noopept 20-30mg for 3 months or so. Used Choline with it, waited a month to see any effect. Did not really notice much. After the 1st month i stacked with Piracetam 1200mg...after 2 months of this i have to conclude it did nothing much. The Noopept was the real thing i ordered from Russia, the Piracetam also. Want to try one of the Racetams in time but need to study what will be suitable.