non steroid supplements

xXTOKERXx

Bluelighter
without spending too much whats products should i buy..

i keep getting warned not to touch creatine, i dont know why though...

im trying to eat lots of carbs and protein to increase my ass, i am currenty 16 6"2 about 10% fat and weigh 11 stone, ive been at 11 for months now...

i cant seem to gain any more weight, i work out about once every three days doing a pyramid setup, start at around 10 kilos doing 30 press ups, then as i move the weight up i go down to 10 reps, work my way up to 50 KG, and then work down till just the bar is left, and keep repeating that for about 50 reps or so.

i want to improve upper body strength ATM once i start seeing a promiseing gain i want to start work on my back and legs...

so... what should i be taking??

Well you have to get on a decent training program first, before any good gains will come. I thinking that each stone is 14 pounds so that makes you 154 pounds, not bad to start off with but at 6'2 that is pretty lean. It is a simple solution to gaining weight, if you arent gaining weight, you arent eating enough. I know everyone says that they eat all day, but if you did eat more than you burn during the day, you would gain weight. I would start drinking whole milk and eating as much meat and food as possible and dont worry about having a treat every day or so if you want it. I would only recommend a good multi vitamin and some whey protein powder for right now. I like creatine, but no need to use it for right now. You would only need to eat 3000 calories a day or a bit more to start gaining weight.

the funny thing is that is exactly what i thought so i increased my eating, eating shit loads of carbs, and trying to get more milk, i also take multi vits, as well as omegas.

i feel heavier and can see a slight gain in my muscle growth but really dont see much else, i still weigh up the same even though its fairly apparent ive put muscle on - perhaps lost more fat and gained muscle..

i used to think i ate alot, and compared to now i didnt really eat all that much, i eat several breakfast bars throughout the day and have toast for lunch, and a big meal at night..

i guess the real problem is i dont have these great foods around my house...

how good is eating lots of ham every day? because i used to eat like 150 grams a day when snacking...

what are good weight gaining snacks?

I always suggest making this shake and drinking it three times a day. it will add at least 2000 calories a day and is pretty cheap for what you get.

16oz (500ml) of whole milk or half and half
50 grams whey protein
2 Tbs natural peanut butter
3 Tbs flax seed oil

If you eat several breakfast bars a day and toast, with one big meal, that is a horrible diet to be gaining weight on. I would eat 3 big meals of actual food, none of this breakfast bar shit, with the 3 drinks in between as I suggested.

I tend to lean more towards chicken, steak, and turkey for protein, but low salt ham is pretty good to. I presonally dont like ham much, but if you do then great. Eggs are also a good way to get some cheap protein and calories to.

ok can we possibly have a long list of high protein containing foods, which are good to gain weight off..

just im a picky eater and if i could get a LONG list of the foods (perhaps a weblink) i could set my self a diet..

Thanks

Toke

It would take a long time to give you a big list of high calorie foods but dont they have food labels in the UK (I assume you are from there because of the use of the weight measurement, stone).

On top of a solid diet and protein shakes I can recommend Tribulus terrestris.

Tribulus is used as an aphodisiac and is used specifically by men to help restore vitality and enhance muscular needs. Tribulus promotes or encourages testosterone supply from your own body as opposed to steroids which replace testosterone and cause your body to stop making its own, or at least slow down dramatically.

Many bodybuilders will use Tribulus after a course of steroids to avoid that nasty 'comedown' where your body has gone form LOTS of testosterone to very little.

I suggest using BIO ORGANICS TRIBUILUS MAX. It contains 10 000mg of the good stuff and is the highest I could find (and I looked.... a lot)

The label say's take one with every meal. I take one at Breakfast and one mid-afternoon. I found taking one at night makes me restless.

Always take multivitamins while doing any course or diet, as your dietry intake for a lot of things is usually inadequate.

Good luck.

All the testosterone in the whole world wont do shit for growth unless you have enough protein and calories to get a positive protein balance.

5alphareductase - You are 110-% right.

The key to building a better body is 20% training and 80% diet. Alwats remeber that..

Now one tip an have for you also, your mu=scles to not ;grow' when you work out, they simply fill with lactise lactic acid and get sore and tired.

Your mucles grow at night when you rest ( hence why bodybuilders used to use REAL GHB to sllep0 as at made you go into a DEEP sleep where your GH is released. Dont do this the 14B.... UGH) Anyway, before bed I recommend s shake of this.

1: 3 egg whites no yolk
2: Half a babana
3: 1 cup of water
4: You may add creatine or glutamine but your choice. I just go theabove mentioned.
5: Skim milk powder (it lasts loonger and is cheaper) but skim milk is fine

Take this 15-20 minutes b4 bed. Your muscles repair themselves at night so its best to take this before bed.

Although is IS good to have some sort of protein within 45 minutes of your workout... hence a good protein shake op (or a if u have to a protein bar AFTER your work out.

:)

Last edited:
Defintely all great suggestions.

Something I might take a lot of shit from people here, but if you are a BEGINNER looking to build up.

Cell Tech has worked great for a lot people that my father trains. I'd def. give it a shot.

I tend to lean towards liquid protein after a workout becuase it is so much faster digesting than whole food, or bar choices. Also, the powder is much cheaper than protein bars, at least for me.

I like the shake idea at night, but 3 egg whites is only like 10 grams of protein. I would try to get at least 40 with some whole food so it is slower digesting, as you said. Good advice though.

5alphareductase said:
I tend to lean towards liquid protein after a workout becuase it is so much faster digesting than whole food, or bar choices. Also, the powder is much cheaper than protein bars, at least for me.

I like the shake idea at night, but 3 egg whites is only like 10 grams of protein. I would try to get at least 40 with some whole food so it is slower digesting, as you said. Good advice though.

Liquid protein is absolutely the way to go.

Much quicker uptake than any of the pills you will get.

Agreed. Protein liquid (shakes or otherwise) taken within 30 minutes of your workout is much more benificial for you than any food or bar as it's absorbed quickly.

:)

First, for ANY nutraceuticals such as tribulus terrestis and such, DONT BUY FROM SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES, BUY FROM WHOLESALERS (EDIT URL) in large amounts, WAAAAAYY cheaper.

Im a huge anti-supplement advocate, but tribulus terrestis is useful in PCT to bring up sex-drive, I doubt it'll do JACK SHIT for adding ANY muscle mass AT ALL though and would be a complete waste of cash just like creatine and glutamine.

As for price, if u were gonna buy creatine, might as well get steroids, steroids are cheaper than creatine and other supplements and the cost:effect ratio relative to supplements is 1000000000000000% better.

If ur not gaining weight, your not eating enough, no matter WHAT YOU SAY. IF UR NOT GAINING WEIGHT, UR NOT EATING ENOUGH FOOD PERIOD. THERES NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT, ITS A SOLID FACT, SO EAT MORE FUCKING FOOD.

Peanut butter, Udo's oil, STEAK, PORK, CHICKEN, TUNA, WHOLE WHEAT PASTA, BROWN RICE, EAT IT ALL, THEN EAT SOME MORE, AND AFTER YOU EAT THAT EAT MORE, AND THEN HAVE A SHAKE, THEN EAT THE CUP YOU MADE THE SHAKE IN FOR EXTRA CALORIES... you get my point, anytime you have time to think about ANYTHING, you need to fill that time with cooking food, eating food, or shitting out previously eaten food.

The no souce rule applies to supplement wholsalers and manufacturers to. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to check out (edit url)

Again the no source rule applies to websites as well. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the great suggestions, alll i certainly will take this diet suggestions into action during the summer, when i will start my work out more intensly, REMEMBER NON STEROIDS, i dont care if they are cheaper, i could do them later in life, but i would like to able to say i did it all on my own only with the aid of supplements with out change drastic changes to my hormonal balance...

peace, toke..

xXTOKERXx said:
so... what should i be taking??

Might also look into Kynoselen and methoxyisoflavone. Both are used for lean muscle gain and are non-steroidal.

nope no needles...

not that im against them its just not the way i plan to do this...

i dont want to play with my body chemicals in such a drastic way...

yes i use man made drugs, but i just cant put a needle in my arm... probably to do with that im stereotyped as a skaghead around my area, and that would make me feel 10 times worse...

but every thing sounds good so far!!