• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nodding into the brink of Death?

justforfun1

Greenlighter
Last night I had one of the most dangerously euphoric nodding sessions of life from a combination of two drugs that, in theory, would be ineffective when used together in high doses, and I was hoping someone could help explain why this could've been.

It started with 150mg of DXM(Syrup), I then waited half an hour and dosed 600mg of codeine(CWE), then immediately dosed another 150mg of DXM, alongside this I was also sipping on one light beer and smoking fairly good quality cannabis, in total I probably smoked just under a gram.

The dose of DXM was well above the dose for opiate potentiation, and I am aware of the supposed dangers regarding the codeine lowering the seizure threshold, and I know that the two drugs when used together can stop each other from being metabolised in high doses, however this combo really did the trick for me. I cannot say which effects were predominant, but I can say that brought upon a very intense nod, with some trippy elements to it, such as closed eye visuals and tingling sensations recognisable from the DXM.

I have a strong opiate, cannabis and alcohol tolerance, but have only started using DXM recently, I am 6 foot tall and 80 kilograms, and I did not eat the entire day before dosing, I know all of these factors are relevant. Also prior to dosing I took 60mg of doxylamine succinate.

I really was on cloud nine.

Any ideas ?

Any ideas? yeah you took a lot of codeine (the eqivalent of 20 t3s) potentate d it with dxm and added alcohol into the mix. oh and smoked under a gram of cannabis. don't taint a good narcotic high with alcohol.

DXM does not produce much cns depression on its own but when combined with opiates it will cause much more depression. Not only does it potentiate opiates (it might inhibit codeine since it is a prodrug to morphine) but it may add significant cns depression. The one beer probably didn't help assuming you don't have a tolerance to alcohol or any of the drugs listed.

I assume you don't have a tolerance to these drugs and if that's the case definitely don't do this again. 600mg of codeine is a large dose for someone with no tolerance, it wouldn't be surprising if you experienced significant depression from that alone.