• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin nod? did I almost die?

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Well, in another thread I mentioned that there were unstamped bags of heroin that were laced with fent. Well, I got some bags yesterday that were unstamped. I used a little of it (snorted) and I was fine (my mom came home from the gym and I was able to talk t her normally, help her bring in the groceries, et. I had done about a nag ad a half. I was a little nauseous but after I lay down for 5 minutes it went away. So I thought I was fine. I was even about to do a little more (now sitting in my computer chair) when I felt very very sleepy. I couldn't even fight it - I went out like a light. And I had these dreams that were so realistic I thought I was awake. But no...I just came awake VIOLENTLY because I couldn't breathe. This all happened 5 minutes ago and I can barely see the keyboard because my head seems to be spinning and my vision is blurry. My lungs feel very weird...like I'm breathing for the first time in m whole life I breathe, feel that cold air from the open window, and it feels cold in in my lungs - kind of how you feel after inhaling Vicks Vaporub. I'm really itchy too.

WTF happened? WAs this just a nod? Or was I in danger of falling out? I've NEVER had a nod like this before = especially on only a bag and a half. If I had done 3 or 5 bags in a short period of time?

I'm sorry, I am taking si long to write this because I have to stop to scratch the itchiness and also I can't really see so I keep having to correct a typo and I'm almost OCD about fixing this so that it's readable. I hope I'm making sense because I'm very, very, VERY high.

Oh and I forgot - I took two Percocet this morning as well. I woke up with a severe headache. The two percs didn't really help, so I went on to the H, ad I did it SLOWLY, tiny little lines but in the end the amount I consumed was about a bag and a half. For someone with my tolerance should NOT have a nob like the one I experienced. I REALLY THOUGHT I was awake and I was doing normal things and then BAM! No, I'm not at work, I'm sitting in my computer chair feeling like an elephant sat on my chest and I'm breathing only by force of will. My body wants to go back to sleep... but I'm fighting it. That was SCARY/

What do you guys think?

Edit: I keep fading in and out. I do not have the ability to stop. I can't stop having those vivid dreams and I

Wow. I just had another nod and apparently I was leaning on the letter n so I woke up to a post filled with this: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn etc. I'm thirsty but when I tried to drink water I almost choked because I cannot swallow. I want to warn everybody that this unstamped stuff (it's in white bags not blue) is REALLY strong. It could kill you if you aren't careful. It's from Philly and Camden. WATCH OUT!

Last edited:
If you have narcan inform someone you trust to use it on you in case of emergency or just use it now if you're alone to be safe. If you are without narcan you can and if you think you will stop breathing call an ambulance ASAP.

When I first began using I had a very similar experience after snorting a large amount. I wasn't able to stay awake, and periodically woke up and noticed I wasn't breathing, and just made myself breath in and out, but it was difficult and a weird sensation. I eventually nodded off for the night, and woke up the next morning. My ears were ringing, and for the whole next day I had trouble hearing.

I suspect I OD'ed, but made it through.

I would highly advise you do not take anymore, and as tacodude suggested, call an ambulance if you believe you are having trouble breathing. It's better to be safe than never wake up again.

The vivid hallucination thing, I've definitely seen that happen 1st hand on a number of different occasions...people taking big shots and talking to people who aren't there, or thinking certain people are in the room with them who aren't there, etc. Usually that kind of waking dream happens after you take a large, chin-on-chest shot o' dope...or as a direct result of a really strong fent rush.

Anyway that's crazy, please be careful :(

I'm not a doctor by any means but sounds like you took too much , definitely see if you can. Stay away completely snd be careful

The vivid hallucination thing, I've definitely seen that happen 1st hand on a number of different occasions...people taking big shots and talking to people who aren't there, or thinking certain people are in the room with them who aren't there, etc. Usually that kind of waking dream happens after you take a large, chin-on-chest shot o' dope...or as a direct result of a really strong fent rush.

Anyway that's crazy, please be careful :(

The lack of oxygen causing depression of the respiratory system can lead you to hallucinations.
Quite dangerous indeed. It can also cause you grave breathing problems.

When I first began using I had a very similar experience after snorting a large amount. I wasn't able to stay awake, and periodically woke up and noticed I wasn't breathing, and just made myself breath in and out, but it was difficult and a weird sensation. I eventually nodded off for the night, and woke up the next morning. My ears were ringing, and for the whole next day I had trouble hearing.

I suspect I OD'ed, but made it through.

I would highly advise you do not take anymore, and as tacodude suggested, call an ambulance if you believe you are having trouble breathing. It's better to be safe than never wake up again.

Wow. That is exactly what is happening to me. I keel nodding off, having vivid dreams, waking up to realize that I'm not breathing and forcing myself to breathe.

This is a weird idea, but would smoking crack help? At least thenb Id stay awake.

sorry for late response but hope you are well

it'd probably not hurt, but don't take any more heroin to come down from that.

as far as i know the problem with mixing those 2 comes when someone thinks the downer isn't working b/c of the upper then take more and suppress the cns

i'm not very familiar with heroin, but have done my fair share of oxy, etc.

I think that if you are past the nodding stage of your last dose you should be ok without smoking crack to stay awake.

Please be careful and don't take anymore of the heroin.

Too many individuals from my life have made that mistake. Don't be like them.

Last edited:
(...) don't take any more heroin to come down from that.

as far as i know the problem with mixing those 2 comes when someone thinks the downer isn't working b/c of the upper then take more and suppress the cns

I think that if you are past the nodding stage of your last dose you should be ok without smoking crack to stay awake.

Please be careful and don't take anymore of the heroin.

Too many individuals from my life have made that mistake. Don't be like them.

For sure!!

Don't take more of the heroin, and don't smoke crack. If you are worried about an overdose or that you have taken fent go to a hospital. Stay safe.

That's why I don't fuck with poppy seeds anymore. I took too much the first time. I felt fine for the first hour, then I kept getting higher and higher and higher. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were bloodshot and huge. I didn't want to lie down and drift off, that's the LAST thing I wanted to do. I was terrified if I fell asleep, I wouldn't wake up. So I paced around the house praying to Jesus to bring me back down for hours. I kept splashing cold water on my face and putting ice cubes on my face and down my chest. I felt my body actually shutting down. So it was not fun, I spent the entire night in a panic and almost died. I still felt fucked up the next day.

Heroin is a dangerous game, especially since it's laced with Fent now. I wouldn't go near that crap if someone put a gun to my head. Not worth it at all.

^ Yup. A dangerous game we can't stop playing. It's unfortunate that we sometimes have to reach rock bottom in order to stop.

That's scary shit. I've had a few similar experiences, and one of the freaky parts is that the falling out can continue to escalate for a while even if you don't use any more dope. That is, sometimes I fall out and then come to, much like you describe. Then in, say, 30 minutes, it might happen again, but more intensely. This is one of the reasons doing dope alone is so dangerous. Having a spotter and some narcan sure is a good idea. I hope everything ended up OK! <3

Waking up with a headache, ringing ears or muffled hearing, dizziness are all symptoms of OD its just not a fatal overdose. Some of us know what we are talking about to take heed of our warnings especially if your not a vett in the game. shit even if u are a vett kuz nowadays u gotta watch out with all these synthetics coming from overseas from china. One bag could easily kill u and it wouldnt even have to be fent.

Sorry, but it's impossible to tell if you OD'ed you not, because of that it's against the rules
7) NO QUESTIONS RESULTING IN ENDLESS SPECULATIVE DISCUSSION!
What this means is that questions that cannot be answered will be closed. This includes questions like "Did I OD the other day?" - "What drug did I actually take when I took that weird pill?" - "Did I miss that shot?" There is no point in asking these types of questions because there is no way we can give you an absolute answer. -"Is this drug good for studying?"- "Which of the following substances is better than the others?'
Closed for now, PM me if yo want me to reopen the thread

the smoking crack to save yourself reminded me of the time my friend got pulled over and swallowed....i shit you not 14 xanax bars. he took 3 or 4 a day but i don't know how he didn't die. as he was pulling away from the stop with the cops still in view he started hitting a crack pipe. my other friend that was with him was like "what the fuck are you doing...the cops are right there" and he replies " if i don't do this right now I'm going to die."

that's not true at all - overdosing on benzos will cause blackouts/amnesia and potentially dangerous behaviour - but 14 xanax on their own would not be fatal.

So it's almost like there's this fine line, where you want to get really high, but too high and you'll pass out with respiratory depression.
I think you reach a certain dose where you stop getting that pleasure rush, and just start getting side effects like nausea, so getting right up to that point is good.
Here's a very scientific graph of how it feels to me. I'm somewhere below the threshold but still forcing myself to breath.

2meFV.jpg

Also, Linux paint-like programs suck.

That feeling like your breathing vapor rub I get at the peak of multiple stimulants at once. My guess is your body sensed it wasnt getting enough air and released a surge of adrenaline and noradrenaline which both open your airways and trigger parts on your lower brain to signal to take big deeper respirations because its a emergency