Nocturnal Wonderland - SoCal - Labor Day Weekend

Is anyone else dissapointed with Insomniac?
They can do better! That venue sucked - stupid mile and a half walk from one end to another. I had an okay time, but I was really expecting alot more for what I spent on tickets and getting out there....NO Meetup Point, no Bounce Castle, no mist tents.... SIGH... Wait - did that flier say "Dust Free?" Did anyone see any trash cans? I think i saw 2 during the whole time...
Sorry probably sound a bit bitter - but i'm a bit cracked out and super tired...
I really did have a good time, met some cool peoples (i kinda met 2 bluelighters, but just for a second) heard some good sets, but i am really dissapointed with the venue...
Did anyone else see me? Tall White Guy/Red B52s shirt :)
~Mateo~
------------------
-Work Like You Don't Need The Money-
-Love Like You've Never Been Hurt-
-Dance Like Nobody's Watching-
PLUR and PEACE OUT

*sigh* i was upset that i wasnt able to meet up with any Bluelighters since everthing was completely different when we got there..... But i had a blast. But there were a few things i hated, The PARKING SUCKED(i ended up having to drive there), the drive was far, and the venue didnt turn out all great(by that i mean they didnt have alot of the stuff set up as they were saying, but there was camping),They didnt let anyone in till 6:20pm and they only had one entrance and the line was like half a mile back(lucky i was able to get there early engough to be in the front),and yea the dance floor was dust free but the surroundings werent and with everyone walking around and the win blowin everything everywhere we were just in a huge dust bowl, I just think insomniac coulda done a better job. But now for the good points, I met a lot of people had a good roll and i heard some pretty good sets, though I believe Tiesto didnt show, his set was suppose to be from 12:30 - 2:30 and i was at that stage from 11pm-3am very upsetting. I think walking down that mile runway a few too many times kinda made me really tired as i am(but i did love doing it, just to meet peoples) but yea it was a Fun party nontheless, met my friends there, dance my ass off, enjoyed the full moon, met alot of people(who knows i might of met a bluelighter), the stages were cool, the weather was nice, and atleast insomniac got the massive going, and yea i was glad i made it out there had lotsa fun. Oh and by the way, i left Noctunal around 5am and had no problem with cops, but i heard that people leaving around 7 to the Close had pupil checks was this true? Well see you guys at the next party.

Yeah the cops were checking every car that went through but only asked if we were ok to drive... like we were going to say no officer I'm still kinda fuckered up can you put handcuffs on me now?
If any of you BLer's saw a girl with white wings hair in braided pig tails white visor, white tank top and big huge jeans that was me.
BTW, I met a few bluelighters who said they don't post much... but BLer's none the less. Hope you all had a blast with the exceptions of everything that sucked about it.
0Oo_Cee_oO0

I have to say this was a sick party. Aside from the wind blowing dust into everyones faces at the beginning, a narc on our shuttle bus, and no moon bounce (WTF?). But the party was sick. Everyone had a good vibe and the music was awesome. What the hell was up with them pulling the plug on Donald Glaude at 6:10. That was gay, but the rest of the party went OFF!! I have to say that Christopher Lawrence spun an insane set. All in all, a good party, I actually met like three BLers. What what the San Diego shuttle crew. I wish the best for zerohawk.
frown.gif

------------------
"We must lose everything before we are free to do anything."
AIM - twr1HB
[This message has been edited by PARADIGM (edited 03 September 2001).]

Actually Tiesto performed a little bit after Monk, and I missed him. The time slots were fucked. I'll do a FULL report later.
------------------
I'm Hardcore, want proof?
See ya at Nocturnal.
"Raving is the wave of the future."
---Quiksilver (Rest in Peace)

Well, this was my first massive too, so I didn't know what to really expect. Let me just say, first off, that the venue is pretty damn far and probably not worth the drive in the future. I think I like the club scene better, esp since it's so much cleaner and not everyone is rolling off their ass (not that we were sober, but it's nice to hang with some people who are sober).
Left LA at 1:30pm, got to Havasu Landing at 7:00pm, parked and walked 30 MINUTES to just get to the line, which was already half a mile long. Standing in line took about 2 and a half hours, which was probably the worst part of the nite. I swear, I was gonna pass out from being standing so long in the heat. Plus, there were a bunch of people who were cutting near teh front, which didn't make the line waiting any easier.
Once we got inside (security checks were pretty chill), we cruised down the boulevard, checking out teh different stages and finally making it to teh Labyringht stage at the end of the road (next to the giant Rabbit). I liked the stage setups and the various stands, plus the many portapottys, but the distance from the first stage to the last was pretty ridiculous (I would say at least a mile). But I guess your optiosn are limited when you try to set up a rave in teh middle of the desert.
Music was allright, the blue dolphins totally blew me away, so I didn't check out the other stages (I heard Christopher Lawernce rocked), but Labyrinth held its own. Bassbin twins kicked ass with their mix of rap and rock tunes, Mars was awesome, and Rabbit in the Moon totally gave me goosebumps. Tiesto finally came on at 4am, and he wasnt' as good as I expected. It seemed like he was building up his set to something huge, but that 'something' never happened! But then I heard the producers cut him off, so maybe he just didn't get the chance to tear the house down. What really pissed me off was that Sandra Collins, who was ready to spin after Tiesto, got cut out and it was only 6:30am!
All in all, a pretty fun nite, glad I came, met tons of friendly people, but don't know if I would go out this far to a massive again now that I've already experience one.
On a side note, comparing my experience this weekend to people's stories of the 'early days' of the rave scene, it seems that there isn't as much emphasis on the music and community as on just doing drugs. I don't think there was a single person who wasn't high in some way or another. There was a girl who sat next to us and started having serotonin syndrome, then in the morning, there was an older dude who was unarousable and the EMT had to take him away. I guess you have to take the bad with the good....
BREWIN

Well...I guess I didn't miss much from what you guys are posting. The only reason I wanted to go to Nocturnal was for Tiesto...and his set was waack huh? So when I found that it was in Southern Cali (hahaha, yeah right) Havasu, i said screw it, not worth it. But i'm glad some of you had good times. I'll be going to Giant in October to see Tiesto for sure though...hope to see you all there!

sorry to hear the party didnt turn out as expected... glad buzzy and i didnt fly out for it. but i must say that 30 bucks is cheap for a massive, come to ny, the parties are close to 50 bucks, and the lineups are always the same, not that anyone notices, cuz theyre all dusted outta their heads... anyway, glad to hear the bassbin twins kicked ass though.. they always do
smile.gif
smile.gif
hope i can come out sometime soon with buzzy to meet u all!*
------------------
~*the former phillyjunglist*~
a young child stares at a glowing screen
transfixed by tales of violence
his teenage father tells him that that's life
not that Barney shit
a purple dinosaur that speaks of love,
a black man that speaks of blood
which one is keeping it real, son?
-saul williams

Uh Tiesto did *not* suck... in fact, he spun a bombass sunrise set!! Trax include: Lost Vagueness, Souvenir de Chine, Urban Train, Flight 643, and some new ones I've never heard. His set ended pretty abruptly (played Urban Train last)... but he stayed for another 20 minutes or so signing autographs... shaking ppl's hands and stuff... way fukken cool
smile.gif

DAMN i am really really pissed off that i missed tiesto spin,
frown.gif
that ws tha one reason why i went to Nocturnal..... *sigh* to bad i am not 21 and i cant go to Giant..... oh and btw has anyone heard of the guy who OD'ed that nite? Details? apparently i left before that happen too.... well i am glad he did show.... maybe ill see him soon....for now ill just settle for his cd's, not as good as live but itll do.