• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog No suboxone for 7 days. In the clear?

MissManders

Greenlighter
On and off for 2 years I had a fentanyl problem. Sometime in July ish I found someone with them much cheaper than what I generally pay and my habit became daily. At the end of july/august I took a suboxone too early and went into precipitated withdrawals. Then stayed on the suboxone for roughly 3 days and didnt take it for 4 days with no withdrawals. Then of course I went back to the fentanyl. 9 days ago I let myself go through withdrawals for maybe 9 hours and took a suboxone for 2 days ( I took 2 strips altogether)

I quit taking the suboxone 7 days ago thinking I would go through withdrawals roughly 4 days after taking my last one. However, besides sensitivity to the cold and slight chills the last 7 days I havent had any withdrawals. Is it safe to say I've made it through this? And that withdrawals wont randomly rear they're ugly head in 2 days? I realize my heavy usage was only consistent roughly a month so perhaps I experienced the worst of what I would go through?

Thank you to anyone with info.

Yep I think it would be pretty unlikely to start getting withdrawls when you have already been off for seven days.

Buprenorphine does last a very long time, some people can take their maintenance dose only once every 3 days and feel fine. But if you haven't got WDs 7 days in, I would say you are probably in the clear!

Lucky you!! :)

what was the total dose of sub you were on for how long?

If understand correctly, the dose was low enough to not cause much withdrawal, mild at worst I would think. The next few days might be a little shaky but should be improving from there on.

what was the total dose of sub you were on for how long?

If understand correctly, the dose was low enough to not cause much withdrawal, mild at worst I would think. The next few days might be a little shaky but should be improving from there on.

The strips are 8mg. And I only took them for 2 days. The first day I took 1 and a half strips and the second day I only took half a strip. I didnt expect.to.have withdrawals from the suboxone but I thought I would still get withdrawals from my fentanyl that I never really finished. I went through withdrawals for about 9 hours and then took my suboxone so.I assumed after the suboxone I would have continued the withdrawals and am surprised I did not

ThaQThank yoUOTE="Quere, post: 14630022, member: 458161"]
Yep I think it would be pretty unlikely to start getting withdrawls when you have already been off for seven days.

Buprenorphine does last a very long time, some people can take their maintenance dose only once every 3 days and feel fine. But if you haven't got WDs 7 days in, I would say you are probably in the clear!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm feeling so blessed. I heavily expected to go through withdrawals given I stopped the first day of withdrawals with suboxone after 9 hours. I expected it so much that I lined up childcare for 3 days to.withdrawl so I'm shocked but certainly happy. I got off with a mild lesson and feel blessed heavily that it wasnt a harder one

Yeah sounds like you're in the clear. If you weren't on absurdly high doses of fent, which has an extremely short half-life by comparison(so in and out of body very quick), then the way you describe your use of suboxone, which has a long half life by comparison, was probably enough to quickly taper you off as the subs slowly left your system. Just my guess. Glad to hear you are ding so much better.

Yeah sounds like you're in the clear. If you weren't on absurdly high doses of fent, which has an extremely short half-life by comparison(so in and out of body very quick), then the way you describe your use of suboxone, which has a long half life by comparison, was probably enough to quickly taper you off as the subs slowly left your system. Just my guess. Glad to hear you are ding so much better.

I was snorting 4 fentanyl pills a day (the ones made to look like perc 30s)

Oh maybe I mistunderstood. How long were you snorting 4 fents a day?

How are you feeling today? Hope you're hanging in there.

Man, that sounds awesome. I can only tell you about my experience with Suboxone years ago and it was pure hell. Worst withdraws EVER! worst then any drug that I have ever used. However I was on it for a while, like a year and i likely took it for a lot longer than I should. I read that you're not supposed to take Suboxone for more then a week or two. Sounds like you did it right dude, congrats! Good luck.