• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No point taking opiates on 70mg methadone

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I can still feel pain relief and the euphoria isn't really there gone thru about 400mg oxy in two days I read 70mg is equal to 700mg morphine.
I get fifty mg oxy a day I only take it in two doses twenty five morn afternoon and it gets rid of restlessness and pain andbl still get anti anxiety effect.
Shall I ask to go on 80mg I am annoyed that I bought oxys but cocaine lead to bad decisions and didn't want to inject heroin .
I only been on seventy for two weeks I feel I could do with a bit more but they said It only been two week since seventy you need to build it up
I don't want to get high on opiates anymore I like methadone I can't wait too take homes so I can take some for pain relief in the evening as it kicks in two hours then lasts six hours. Then I feel it kick in again around ten hours for a few hours. Does it have two peaks I know t says it peaks at six to eight hours and I do fall asleep for a hour round that time but recently it going me loads of energy and I really enjoy the tramadol methadone combination more tham oxy and methadone. These withdrawal symptoms at night time is it all in head surely seventy mg holds big heroin addict snof twenty years for like two days

I think the 70mg = 700mg is off. Just google Opioid Equivalency Calculator and let it do the math.

In my experiences, asking a doctor to up your dose, especially without a reasonable amount of time passing, is dicey. She/he may sense your addictive nature and cut you off altogether.

Maybe it’s because your using weak ass oxy’s?

I’m wondering about the same thing concerning methadone (I’m on 90 mg everyday) only with heroin.

however, my buddy gets so high he nods off and slurs his words after shooting 1 bag of dope and he’s on 70 mg of methadone per day.

Your prescribed Oxycodone pills and 70 mg of methadone daily aswell? Sounds counter productive imo. The methadome is only negatively affecting your pain management by filling ur receptors m wastomg the oxys full effects. Id ask to remove the methadone and increase oxy amount, or switch the methadome with oxymorphone if possinle

You might consider adding a NMDA antagonist to one of the opioids, never had the chance to try it but would agree to go for the oxy. Even the comparatively weak memantine does a good job in potenciating opioids without equally increasing the risk for respiratory depression (actually, they offer some protection against hypoxia!) and there are many papers confirming the efficacy of this combination. Unfortunately many doctors either don't know yet or are ignorant about, but chances are that a pain doc might be open to anything which helps limiting dose escalation.

Or you could try dextromethorphan if it's available OTC in your place. It is a NMDA antagonist too and some react to very low doses which are within the recommended ones against cough. Just googled it for reference and found that here the first hits say it isn't effective but they also used at most 100mg.

I withdrew from 200mg morphine straight just with the aid of memantine and had little discomfort besides insomnia, which wasn't too bad either as I felt awesome when the sedation of the morphine began to fade off. These NMDA antags can be mentally reinforcing but they don't usually come with physical withdrawal.

For some types of pain you could even use them alone, or cycle to avoid tolerance to both (as NMDAIs help with opioid tolerance but have the same problem about themselves).
When it's about pain management in people with tolerance I wouldn't say that two agents are straight off counter productive, but dunno for sure.

Your prescribed Oxycodone pills and 70 mg of methadone daily aswell? Sounds counter productive imo. The methadome is only negatively affecting your pain management by filling ur receptors m wastomg the oxys full effects. Id ask to remove the methadone and increase oxy amount, or switch the methadome with oxymorphone if possinle
Methadone is prescribed for pain management quite often FYI.