• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No effects from Xanax?

^You should really ask to be switched to diazepam or clonazepam, you'll find 1mg goes a lot further with clonazepam (its equipotent to xanax but has a longer half life). I remember back a while ago when I was only taking alprazolam, and my tolerance would just skyrocket, I could barely stay at the same dose for three days without it losing almost all therapeutic benefit. With Clonazepam and Diazepam, I find I'm able to get a more consistent effect with the same dose every day, yeah, it's not as effective as it was initially, but if I was taking 2mg of xanax a day, I'd be suffering interpose withdrawals by this point.

Before raising your dose, I would try it out with 1mg again, and give it an hour and then see how you're feeling, if your anxiety has decreased. I know you're not looking for euphoria, but I think you have the idea that because you don't feel any noticeable side effects, it is not working effectively as an anxiolytic. I would not recommend lorazepam, first of all, it's weaker, and it takes a hell of a lot longer to kick in. Diazepam, on the other hand might be a better choice, it's got a quick onset of action, and very good anxiolytic properties IMO, along with a long half life, so it's effects aren't over as soon as they kick in like with alprazolam.

Thanks for the response, I actually have only been on 1mg Xanax for about two weeks had .5 before that for about 3 weeks. I've takin it prob twice a week or only when having a bad episode. It is true that I was paying attention to the side effects but at the same time I didn't get any relief from it. I will talk to my doctor about diazepam not sure if he will prescribe it for me or not as he is really uptight an was shocked he even gave me Xanax.

Thanks for the response, I actually have only been on 1mg Xanax for about two weeks had .5 before that for about 3 weeks. I've takin it prob twice a week or only when having a bad episode. It is true that I was paying attention to the side effects but at the same time I didn't get any relief from it. I will talk to my doctor about diazepam not sure if he will prescribe it for me or not as he is really uptight an was shocked he even gave me Xanax.

Have you tried hydroxyzine? It's a first generation antihistamine. It really helped me with bad panic attacks and it has less of an addiction potential, plus I never had rebound anxiety with it.

kleinerkiffer said:
Have you tried hydroxyzine?
There is a very promising trade name for this medication: Atarax. Will it cause real ataraxia?

@kleinerkiffer: Ich habe auch mit Ängsten zu tun und keine Lust mehr Benzos zu fressen. Dachte erst an Lyrica, wird aber wohl auch nicht so einfach zu haben sein vom Doc.
Vielleicht kann ich ihr das Hydroxyzin mal vorschlagen. Wenn es kaum Abhängigkeitspotential hat, bekomme ich es bestimmt auch als polytoxie verschrieben.

Tritt die Wirkung direkt ein? Ich will nämlich nix auf Dauer nehmen, deshalb lehne ich auch ADs ab. Taugt es bei Panikattacken? Sediert es stark?

(Achso: darf ich hier überhaupt Deutsch schreiben?)

@kleinerkiffer: Ich habe auch mit Ängsten zu tun und keine Lust mehr Benzos zu fressen. Dachte erst an Lyrica, wird aber wohl auch nicht so einfach zu haben sein vom Doc.
Vielleicht kann ich ihr das Hydroxyzin mal vorschlagen. Wenn es kaum Abhängigkeitspotential hat, bekomme ich es bestimmt auch als polytoxie verschrieben.

Tritt die Wirkung direkt ein? Ich will nämlich nix auf Dauer nehmen, deshalb lehne ich auch ADs ab. Taugt es bei Panikattacken? Sediert es stark?

(Achso: darf ich hier überhaupt Deutsch schreiben?)
Ich denke mal es wird nicht so gerne gesehen, aber ich antworte trotzdem mal auf deutsch, wenn du noch weitere Fragen hast, schreib mir ne privat Nachricht, oder halt auf englisch.
Soweit ich weiß wird Lyrica nur off label verschrieben und es hat auch ein gewisses Abhängigkeitspotentzial.
Hydroxyzin solltest du auf jeden Fall bekommen, ist ja nur ein Antihistaminikum.
Ja, die Wirkung tritt sofort ein und mir hat es wirklich gut mit Panik Attacken geholfen. Ich glaube im Wiki steht sogar, dass es ne Studie gibt, die sagt, dass es vergleichsweise gut wirkt wie bromazepam.
Sedieren tut es schon, nach ner weile hat es mich auch zu stark sediert und mit meinem Kreislauf rumgespielt, deswegen nehm ich es nicht mehr, aber es ist auf jeden Fall einen Versuch wert.

Is your anxiety reasonable? Like if you have bad anxiety because you find out your mom just got sent to the hospital for heart problems or your jobs stock value just tanked and your likely to be laid off. No amount of xanax will help because there anxiety would be a appropriate response to serious situations .