• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No effects from Opiates during period

kikianne

Greenlighter
Heya, new here and not sure where to post this.
just wondering if any other ladies have issues feeling the effects (pain control and otherwise) from opiates during their period.
for me it’s like I feel absolutely nothing from them during my cycle.
can’t seem to find anything online about it either

Not sure, I assume you are on them round-the-clock?

I give my girlfriend narcotics occasionally during her period and of course it always works.

If you are dependent on opioids and experience pain you aren't likely to get much relief however. What do you mean but not working?

I give my girlfriend narcotics occasionally during her period and of course it always works.

If you are dependent on opioids and experience pain you aren't likely to get much relief however. What do you mean but not working?
I mean they work for my kidney pain and all other pain usually but during my period I get no pain relief at all (even for the kidney pain) and feel absolutely no buzz like I usually do if I take 2 instead of just one.

I take them for my kidney disease and they usually work quite well and I get a little buzz from them as well if I take 2 instead of just one but during my cycle I get no pain relief or buzz, doesn’t matter if I take one or two. Just a weird thing I’ve noticed

Maybe a combo of your kidney disease / menstruation is some how messing with the metabolism of the opioid you're on? I have no idea. Sounds like a very strange experience though!

they usually work quite well
So not always?

You’re gaining tolerance plus period pain is quite different to most pain. It’s usually more severe and I tend to find that opioids don’t work well at all. NSAIDs are the go to for period pain.