No E-Mail notifications anymore..

bongdong

Bluelighter
Couple of days ago I stopped receiving mail notifications of watched threads, without having changed my settings. Also re-set them to no avail, checked local filters and spam filters/suspiction of my mail provider. Probably premature to make conclusions, I just wanted to know if changes took place here on the site that I missed or am not aware of?

Will probably sort itself out soon (sometimes it takes a while for supposed spam to show up at my provider). Greetings.

my emails all of the sudden started ending up in my junk folder. check that

Aye, that's the first check - spam filters on your end.

Second, check nothing hiccupped in your account settings here that may have turned off the notifications.

Now this is weird. The situation I described in my initial post persisted! I could have used/tried another email account, but that's not what I wanted to do despite the chance of not being contactable via mail at all, even for other ends (e.g. moderation etc.). Also because it didn't take long for me to notice that it was kinda nice to not get all these notifications, so I left it at that.

So today, basically one year later, I somehow got a couple of email notifications (of watched threads) dating back to 2021-12-31, without having made any changes whatsoever! Out of the blue. Were there any changes/updates to the forums software since that date? Possible explainations?

Just for the sake of seeing how this develops, I will leave things as they currently are. Should I continue to get mail notifications from now on, or again I should say, then that's that (and I can always turn them off in my settings if I choose to do so). It's just weird that this would happen so randomly..

It's probably a sign, ..that the CIA is coming after us/me, ..or the apocalypse is approaching for good. 🤯

Now this is weird.

Holy cow, a 1y bump on a thread....but it's good info you are bringing, so thank you. No, from, our end, I don't believe anything changed. There are sometimes ghosts in the machines, but what you're describing isn't likely - a 1y delay on changing settings, and even then only on certain posts/threads? Or are those the only ones you are watching that got replies recently?

It does seem very random. Please do keep us updated because we'd like to fix an issue if we can identify it, even if it is somewhat benign.

@TheLoveBandit Thanx for the response, it's nice to see that what I wrote didn't go straight to /dev/null 💖

a 1y delay on changing settings, and even then only on certain posts/threads? Or are those the only ones you are watching that got replies recently?
No, it doesn't look like this whole thing was selective, meaning effected only certain threads. More like notifications: off, and then after approximately a year notifications: on again, without me changing anything. On Jan 4th I got a bunch of mail notifications which reflected the activity of watched threads of mine, dating back to my last login on Dec 31th. Looks coherent on that level.

It does seem very random. Please do keep us updated because we'd like to fix an issue if we can identify it, even if it is somewhat benign.
Indeed. Update: As far as I can tell, mail notifications are coming again as they should (like I wrote, I kept the settings in order to see where this is going).

Appears that it sorted itself out, in an unhasty mysterious manner. ;) Probably a case for the X-Files. :alien: