• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nippers Benzo Zop Cold Turkey

Nipper76

Bluelighter
So I fucked up, I've took zops for years, but I've always put them down, however, this time, I got some benzos, and the last few weeks have caught up with me. I've chucked them all, just zops left, but I think they are just prolonging the recovery though I have tapered.

Here is my usage, laid out. Any opinions? Will this be tough, because it's tough already. I'll add to this thread as I go. Long road ahead I think!

So my first question, i have insomnia and irritability along with anxiousness. Will kalms be a good idea to take? Valerian root. Supposed to help you sleep or should I continue with a zop taper? My preference is to get through this quickly, I'll take the pain. I did this so I'll finish and I feel like I've caught it early. If that makes sense

Tonight I called the wife and told her everything. I feel much better doing that, was a big weight off. My intro thread is here, what a sob story.

I've got like an internal shaking, my hands are steady but don't feel like it and if I close my eyes they keep blinking. Is that classic benzo withdrawal or zop or a mixture of both? Anyone know?

So my first question, i have insomnia and irritability along with anxiousness. Will kalms be a good idea to take? Valerian root. Supposed to help you sleep or should I continue with a zop taper? My preference is to get through this quickly, I'll take the pain. I did this so I'll finish and I feel like I've caught it early. If that makes sense
Helps with sleep. I use Valerian root alot. Almost swear it works better than zops!
I've got like an internal shaking, my hands are steady but don't feel like it and if I close my eyes they keep blinking. Is that classic benzo withdrawal or zop or a mixture of both? Anyone know?
Classic benzo wds, although light/early stages. If you arent having hot/cold sweats/flushes, puking/shitting, full on twitching, brain zaps and stabbing pains in your chest, you're good and you'll be fine soon! You got out at a good time. Good luck

Subsided a bit, does it come in waves? So I'll be getting something else next, maybe a bout of depression again? Does it get worse before it gets better? Last valium was Sunday, but I've had half a zop yesterday night. I seem to be functioning much better, anxiety much improved

Subsided a bit, does it come in waves? So I'll be getting something else next, maybe a bout of depression again? Does it get worse before it gets better? Last valium was Sunday, but I've had half a zop yesterday night. I seem to be functioning much better, anxiety much improved

When i had benzo wds i honestly cant remember if they came in waves or not. Possibly?

Zopis arent actually benzos but they are similar. I think they could help benzo wds but also prolong actually being fully clean. Heres a quote from Wikipedia;

"Zopiclone is molecularly distinct from benzodiazepine drugs and is classed as a cyclopyrrolone. However, zopiclone increases the normal transmission of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the central nervous system, via modulating benzodiazepine receptors in the same way that benzodiazepine drugs do.

Zopiclone is a sedative. It works by causing a depression or tranquilization of the central nervous system. After prolonged use, the body can become accustomed to the effects of zopiclone. When the dose is then reduced or the drug is abruptly stopped, withdrawal symptoms may result. These can include a range of symptoms similar to those of benzodiazepine withdrawal. Although withdrawal symptoms from therapeutic doses of zopiclone and its isomers (i.e., eszopiclone) do not typically present with convulsions and are therefore not considered life-threatening, patients may experience such significant agitation or anxiety that they seek emergency medical attention."

Defo get some Valerian asap and get rid of the zops! Good luck

Yep, comes in waves, hopefully not as bad this one. Not sure if I'm at the start or half way through.

This one's worse I think. Just trying to keep my shit together. Irritable and anxious, not sure if I slept. I seem to be able to concentrate. Also sweats.

1 day down, not sure if I'm feeling better, anxiety is moving about as might be expected, breathing better but chest pains now. Shakes reduced for now.

I've got some 75mg lyrica, will it help for this withdrawal. Says it's an anti convulsant pain killer. Seems promising:

Conclusion: Our results suggest that pregabalin is an efficacious and well-tolerated adjunctive treatment for benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Don't want to withdraw on that too though! Feeling better right now. See if there's a next wave.

Been over 3hrs, since last wave, feels like a comedown from a night out now, twitchy eyes when closed, but feel like I've turned a corner. Hopefully I've got off lightly with this, last night was intense man. Disassociation, ticks, mental anxiety, makes normal anxiety look like a strong coffee. I'm sure I'll get another wave, but the breaks are getting longer. Pissing like a racehorse!

Must be over the worst, just can't sleep! But the chronic trembling and acute anxiety have gone. Dalprat, I bet you haven't forgot that weekend, I know I won't!

I've been addicted to benzodiazepines, tramadol and zopiclone at different times and I actually came off zopiclone using very high doses of Valerian root tapering off those then the last 4 nights I used Hydroxyzine, it's a sedating antihistamine but only available on prescription

I'm well over the worst now, got lingering anxiety but its no where near like last night, background shakes, but not the chronic trembles. Doesn't mean to say they won't come back, but I'm now 6 full days since I took any. Got the pregabs on hand if it goes mental again. Looking forward to better days.

Took a 75mg Pregablin, plenty of info to say they should help, won't be going mental on them. Hopefully help with sleep. Also feeling a bit depressed, but again not as bad as before. I'll keep updating this thread, helps me get it out whilst here on my own!