• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nigella Sative superduper opiate potentiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it inhibits cyp2d6 and cyp3A4 though there's only one solitary source stating this (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20201775)....

Thanks for that mate, this was my next question - by what pathway does it do this? :)

ibogaine yes. suboxone - evil. Used for a week or 10 days at the most and then get off. RUN. Do not let that grab hold of you, the WD's from sub are FAR worse than the opies you are taking the sub for.

Hmm, ok, I don't really know where to begin with this ^^^. I know many, many other opiates which produce far worse negative effects when abused and has a much higher (& easier) quitting rate! Suboxone is one of the best drug to treat opiate addiction - for multiple reasons from pharmacological, to easier/forgiving to taper/titrate, to financial, and everywhere in between. Suboxone is usually (always? Not quite sure why one would want to abuse it tbh. And afaik it's not readily used as an analgesic :\) prescribed for addiction, and becoming increasingly used, for a reason!

Ibogaine is intense and is often a once and done kind of healing process. It not only resolves addiction issues, it can help resolve deeply rooted buried psychological problems. It should be a legitimate treatment hear in the states, but the pharm companies don't get your monthly check if the ibo treatment works for you and you are fixed right?

Having said, this does intrigue me! From the little I do know (and through a little quick research just now) it does sound promising! It seems like a lot more research needs to (and imo should be) done. Other properties of the compound must also be taken into account though - what with it being an SSRI, have NMDA interactions, the listed/known adverse effects but (and of course this would come with research) also the unknown effects, most worrying being seemingly tachycardic/arrhythmic effects . The pubmed articles don't look too encouraging atm either.

Interesting none the least. :)

Nigella Sativa oil has something in it called "Thymoquinone" that is responsible for the effects of opiate potentiation and the such effects one gets from Nigella Sativa (Black Seed cold pressed) Oil. I ordered some along time ago to expeirement with it but the bottle i was sent was broke and cap wasn't seal, obviously i didn't use it... :( But now my interest is peaked again and I may order some again and try my luck with it.. I here Agmatine Sulfate is another good thing to take with opiates or while withdrawing..

This thread deserves a bump. I was just reading about nigella sativa and according to this article:
http://eprints.hec.gov.pk/1813/1/1742.htm
it counteracts opioid tolerance by blocking calcium channels. Heres what they concluded from that experiment:
It was observed that Nigella Sativa showed a rapid improvement in signs and symptoms of acute opioid abstinence. It was also observed that Nigella Sativa prevented the development of significant craving and relapse. It is concluded that Nigella Sativa is effective in long term management of opioid dependence and it is suggested that further long term follow up studies may be designed with greater number of patients.

Ibogaine is an amazing plant but the FDA will NEVER approve it as it would literally wipe out the drug industry. It is a horrible experience,( or at least it was for me), but well worth the benefits...is. 36hours after taking it my receptors had been reset and it was as if I had never taken any drugs in my life. NO withdrawal AT ALL...However, the biggest draw back is it cost<snip> and you have to go out of the USA to get it. Bummer!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Price discussion is not allowed, please read the rules
And please don't revive old threads and btw, this thread is about Nigella-Sative, not Ibogaine
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.