• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nicotine withdrawal day 4.

Ksa

Ex-Bluelighter
K, got a question, I had trouble falling asleep on all 3 nights, the center of my brain felt like it was made of lead and I suspect I wasn't able to get any deep sleep in the past 4 days because I start to lose balance and have a small speech impairment, voice sounds weird.

Advice?

The only thing I noticed when cting smoking was a grumpy attitude. Some people notice their taste buds awaken and they gain weight. I remember my parents quitting too and they both were in a foul mood for about a week too.
As for the oral part, it's been 18 yrs since I quit and j still get twinges. Just to hold it in my hand and the first puff and sigh of relaxation. When I see people smoke on tv I am
Still triggered after all these years

never heard of people having these issues going cold turkey
i exp a shiity mood, aggressiveness and attitude along with having a bit of anxiety ended up vaping instead
might wanna get checked out

Meh, front-loaded it, took Dexedrine to stay awake for 36 hours, then crashed it and went to bed, was able to fall asleep finally, I think I'm through it.

I was chewing a lot of gum lol.

Are you still taking the gum? How are you making iit? My coworker quit before vaping was around and transitioned to gum.
The problem is it's been like 7 years and she says the gum has her more by the balls than the smoking ever did! It comes FIRST on her list. And her dose has gone up. She spends a fortune on it.
The biggest problem of all? Her boyfriend never quit when she did, so she is back to going for a casual "smoke break"with him. I guess it doesn't count if you don't pay for it.

I want to quit smoking so bad but I am terribly afraid of the withdrawals. Would you guys agree that nicotine withdrawals are childs play to more serious drug withdrawals (obviously herion, possibly kratom, or any other harder drug?) I always heard quitting nicotine was the hardest drug to quit, but I wonder if whoever came up with that has never experienced any other withdrawal.

I want to quit smoking so bad but I am terribly afraid of the withdrawals. Would you guys agree that nicotine withdrawals are childs play to more serious drug withdrawals (obviously herion, possibly kratom, or any other harder drug?) I always heard quitting nicotine was the hardest drug to quit, but I wonder if whoever came up with that has never experienced any other withdrawal.

Coming from a guy who's quit opiates, meth, synthetic pot, cocaine, and nicotine various times, whoever came up with that saying is full of shit.

Im currently back on nicotine. But now i use sweedish snus.

Nicotine is very addictive because its a super fast acting stimulant, it also has a very short half life so your brain feels like something is lacking when you don't give it a constant dose of nicotine. Because of that you don't really get physically dependent on nicotine but the psychological addiction can be very hard to break.

You have to find something to fill the void until your brain learns to not need nicotine every 1-2hours. Find a good psychologically rewarding activity. (exercising is always a good option)

Last edited:
IMO it is so much worse as it has much deeper rooted systems that affect more essential regions of the brain vs heroin, crack, and meth that haveva more centralized affect in only a few if not one region.

IMO it is so much worse as it has much deeper rooted systems that affect more essential regions of the brain vs heroin, crack, and meth that haveva more centralized affect in only a few if not one region.

Heroin and opiate receptors are all over your body. You have a lot just in your stomach. One reason why WD produces so many GI problems.

I've never found cigarettes appealing, so I can't really compare the two are far as WD, but none of my friends that quit smoking were too sick to get out of bed or were puking and in a constant state of being uncomfortable.

Quitting anything can be very difficult regardless of whether there are physical WD symptoms or not. The psychological aspect is what causes most people to relapse on ANY substance, but of course everyone is different. Personally I've never been able to quit cigarettes for as long as other substances including alcohol, meth, various strong opiates. Much of it has to do with how socially acceptable something is, I would think. Smoking is frowned upon, sure.. But not like IV drug use.

Heroin and opiate receptors are all over your body. You have a lot just in your stomach. One reason why WD produces so many GI problems.

I've never found cigarettes appealing, so I can't really compare the two are far as WD, but none of my friends that quit smoking were too sick to get out of bed or were puking and in a constant state of being uncomfortable.
I meant if affects regions before the opiate, serratonin, dopamine, and endorphin system that are all affected pretty much activated by the primary areas things like nicotine, atropine, sclopolomine, and other compounds that are just to deep seeded in instinctual functioning vs conciencious functioning like more common drugs.

At least thats my opinion from research.

Quitting anything can be very difficult regardless of whether there are physical WD symptoms or not. The psychological aspect is what causes most people to relapse on ANY substance, but of course everyone is different. Personally I've never been able to quit cigarettes for as long as other substances including alcohol, meth, various strong opiates. Much of it has to do with how socially acceptable something is, I would think. Smoking is frowned upon, sure.. But not like IV drug use.

If you defend what you perceive to be right and offend what you perceive to be wrong you are called an extremist or a terrorist. Did you know that Nelson Mandela was declared terrorist #1 by his government before being imprisoned, and upon his release was awarded the nobel prize for peace by another government? What is right and wrong, who can decide, and when this Earth will disappear, who will be left to judge?

The smoking controversy is the typical apartment door paradox. If you install a weak door with a Dollarama 10$ lock on it, robbers may break in and kill you. If you install a steel door with a 500$ lock no one can open, no one but yourself will be able to get into your apartment, including the emergency ambulance services if you get a heart attack and become immobilized. So the question is, which door increases your life expectancy?

You see, smoking causes cancer but stress also causes cancer, and smoking relieves stress. So when a stressed individual starts smoking, is he increasing or decreasing his chances to get cancer? The cancer society, without any comparative research, analysis, investigation nor publication was able to "solve" the apartment door paradox when it comes to smoking saying that smoking will increase your chances to get cancer. Just like that...pooof...they must be star readers! Where are they taking that, by reading in the stars?

Remember the definition of an idiot (stupid person), is a person who knows. And if you ask, he might even explain it to you. And if you don't understand you're "stupid". You have to get used to the idea that people who criticize drug use are idiots and will die that way.

Also make the difference between being stupid and ignorant. Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, stupidity cannot. After reading 100 books, you might be well read, you might become competent in several domains, you might earn a skill or two at your job, but at the end of the day, you no less of an idiot than you were at the beginning. Trying to inform people who hate drug users and give them knowledge is useless. They are born idiots and will die as such.