• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nicotine question

ArtVandalay

Bluelighter
I've been addicted to nicotine lozenges for many years. I don't smoke anymore, just the lozenges. The odd thing is, I can't have one before 11am. Any time I've tried I get super anxious, adverse effects. I'm also on suboxone, split 6mg dose morning and afternoon. I wonder if this has anything to do with it, but I've tried taking a full dose in the morning, and still I have to wait until 11am. Anyone no why this is?

I'm not smoking cigarettes. Nicotine gum and lozenges don't give you cancer. Besides the addiction aspect, it's relatively safe. Am I wrong?

No you are correct. Nicotine, while addictive doesnt cause cancer. I dont have answer to your question though.

What strength are the lozenges? How many a day do you take? Considering how many people smoke in times of stress or anxiety I must admit it's strange.

I can't see a correlation between subs and nicotine but I'm not an expert. My guess is your possibly just overdoing the lozenges a bit, but some more information would be nice man.

I take 4mg lozenges. It varies but maybe 6 a day. On stressful days 10+, or one every half hour.

Talk to your doctor.

I consume more nicotine than that and I'm find, but of course we are different. As I understand, it's not that risky.

I don't have a definite answer for you man, but I have found some very similar stories on e-cigarette forums with the solution usually being lower daily nicotine intake.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but it's the best I could I do. This has really peaked my interest though

I have absolutely no idea. Nothing like this has ever happened to me, either from smoking, vaping, or nicotine gum.
However, I have found in the past that if I've been vaping fairly heavily for a period of time (especially if I was more stressed than usual to begin with), nicotine can actually make me a bit more anxious. I've never had a time correlation with it like you do, though. (And, for reference, the frequency that that all happens to me is quite small.)

elecetic cigs are the best nicotine is an anti infammantory forthr brain when you get stredded you brain swells nicotine relivess that , harmless , smaoking cigs is unatural cause our body cant breath in smake and all those otherwounderful chemicals tat are not nessary you only need niotine , safe as coffee even safer . ele cigs are cheaper then longenges and dont mess up your oral ealth or stain teeth like ciggs ejouy life have a blessed and eventful life dont punish you self .

I always advocate the use of e cigs, but wether it's cheaper is up for debate, before I was in the industry I spent near a grand in 6 months on them, not including juice