• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

nicotine and alprazolam

From lots of use with benzos while being a smoker and while I'd quit - I know that if I haven't smoked within two weeks of taking a benzo they definitely affect me harder. If I smoke they are very noticeably weaker. If I have a cigarette while under the influence of benzos (but most notably Xanax) it really kills the sedative properties but retains its antolyxic effects. I do need to take a higher dose of benzos to feel them unfortunately as I am a cigarette smoker, however, there is mixed literature on the subject and apparently some benzos are affected more than others, while some claim they all are. In my experience all are apart from flunitrazepam which coincidentally and strangely was potentiated by smoking cigarettes.

Well Grapefruit does no Potentiate Temazepam so do the Hydrocarbons from Tobacco smoke still effect it?

There is a big difference between tobacco and cigarettes.There is NOTHING wrong with pure,unaltered,organically grown tobacco.The nicotine myth has got to stop!!!!!
Our brains have nicotine receptors.The cancers which are caused by the tar are from the herbicides,pesticides and hundreds of additives that are PURPOSEFULLY put in cigarettes to harm humans.Nicotine is active ONLY in the BRAIN.This is why we see the cancers in the throat,stomach,mouth and lungs where the tars leach into.
Indigenous peoples in South America have been using tobacco for thousands of years in its native environment and there is virtually no recorded cases of cancers and the species they use has up to 2 or 3 times the nicotine levels we westerners and europeans use.To them,tobacco is 'medicine'.
I normally don't get too upset at all but I cant stand this constant harmful nicotine/tobacco propaganda.The division has to stop now!!!

Nicotine inhibits your body from producing testosterone/estrogen in both men and women, it's far from a benign substance. You can also overdose on nicotine.

I don't think nicotine is a substance anyone should have to use.

I notice my alprazolam buzz decreases after I smoke a cigarette, so I definitely don't think it's placebo at all.

I notice my alprazolam buzz decreases after I smoke a cigarette, so I definitely don't think it's placebo at all.

It's not, there's been peer reviewed scientific studies performed and the results proved that users of nicotine/tobacco have up to 50% lower blood concentrations of alprazolam vs. non-smokers / the control group. They also proved that alprazolam's half-life is decreased significantly as well, so smoking overall = reduced efficacy of alprazolam in strength and duration.

Nicotine inhibits your body from producing testosterone/estrogen in both men and women, it's far from a benign substance.

I learn something new everyday, if I had known this when I started at 15 I would have never smoked that first cig. No wonder I've always felt like I don't have the strengh normal men my age had. I wonder if it's possible to reverse this after 15+ years smoking them daily. No wonder I "bloomed" so late in life and still can't grow a good beard.

Concerning the subject of this thread: I've noticed that smoking cigs reduces the effects of xanax and other benzos. I thought I had a natural tolerance to them for many years until I first read about this years ago. I have quit smoking several times and I notice xanax/valium affects me a lot harder. 0.5mg feels similar to 2mg of xanax when I'm not smoking.

again......late to the thread bu iv had a tollerence to benzos on and off for many years. I quit smoking in prison and started vaping instead (i cant stand the taste of tobacco now, i wont even go near it and it meant i had to fork out quite a bit of money on weed vaporizers (exreme q and solo) because as soon as i made the switch to vaping everyhing tasted like burning leaves, now with vaping weed its like fine wine wih regards to taste((totally off topic sorry)
My question is this, will my nicotine vape decrease my xanax effeciveness? like i say i have a MONSTOR tolllerence afer buying pure powder alpraz and making a PG solution as is so cheap.
From what i read its the hydrocarbons in the actual burning of the tobacco that decreases absorbion or bio-availability or whatever the technical name is.

Is there even an answer for this given how long vapes have been around? There are few enough non-biased studies on them alone, let alone combined wih alprazolam. Also i am in the UK so i isn't even available legally through Drs. They tend to use diaz or loraz. The loraz never did anyhing at all to me inerestingly. A bit like a 1mg dose of phenazpam if anyone remembers that.

Either way, i know when i take my PG/Xan solution an hour later it sars o make me motivated and take away my inhibitions bu i dont feel 'high'. It's quite dangerous coz i'm obviously under the influence to other people but i can notice the buz so i do and say stupid shit...

Does this apply to valium as well...and does it affect the speed of the metabolism of the drug or does it just lessen the effects?
thanks bud I really appreciate this 13 yr old post I can't find a damn single answer about .... I swear they old study shit that can make them money gets on my nerves
its 2022 now and im using bromazolam and when I was younger a cig would waste an entire xanax xp ,.. so vaping and nic pouches should be good right? thanks

Hi,

I take alprazolam for panic disorder and I also chew tobacco (stupid, I know). I've read that cigarette smoking can reduce the effects of alprazolam. Is this due to the nicotine, or something in the cigarette smoke? In other words, does chewing tobacco also affect the strength of alprazolam?

Thanks in advance for the info...

Dan
I know its been 13 years but there are plenty of tobacco free nicotine pouches at the 711 now. also if you mix your own juice buy a mode ada (one you can rebuild your own coils instead of buying more) and build your own coils its basically a free nicotine habit I bet after buying my mod It gna cost me about 40 to 50$ A YEAR saves fucking thousands and rly not hard to learn to do

smokeless tobacco shouldn't effect the metabolism of the alprazolam, the additive effect of the nicotine agonization and the benzo together might give you a nicer buzz. cigarettes are different though, the hydrocarbons from the cigarette smoke (not the nicotine!) induce the cytochrome enzymes 1A2 and 3A4, the latter being responsible for the breakdown of the alprazolam. inducing 3A4 will decrease the effect of the alprazolam and give you a lesser benzo buzz.

hope this was helpful.
its been thirteen years but I'm glad I found this thanks a million wtf can't the people doing these controlled studies add these obvious nuances...you know they all say smoke not a thing about the nicotine itself or smokeless tobacco......

How much weaker nicotine makes xanax feel?

I'm a daily tobacco smoker and I'm on xanax everyday for anxiety... I tried to quite smoking to get the full effetc from my alprazolam, but when I don't have my nicotine dose I'm getting anxious, so it's not really helpfull...

So does anybody have any idea on how bad tobacco makes xanax less potent? If it's something like -10%, it's fine, but if it's much more I would rather considering quitting smoking for good. =/
The package insert when you get your prescription says cigarettes can cut it by up to 50%

There is a big difference between tobacco and cigarettes.There is NOTHING wrong with pure,unaltered,organically grown tobacco.The nicotine myth has got to stop!!!!!
Our brains have nicotine receptors.The cancers which are caused by the tar are from the herbicides,pesticides and hundreds of additives that are PURPOSEFULLY put in cigarettes to harm humans.Nicotine is active ONLY in the BRAIN.This is why we see the cancers in the throat,stomach,mouth and lungs where the tars leach into.
Indigenous peoples in South America have been using tobacco for thousands of years in its native environment and there is virtually no recorded cases of cancers and the species they use has up to 2 or 3 times the nicotine levels we westerners and europeans use.To them,tobacco is 'medicine'.
I normally don't get too upset at all but I cant stand this constant harmful nicotine/tobacco propaganda.The division has to stop now!!!
Nicotine is also a very powerful and effective nootropic.

Either way, i know when i take my PG/Xan solution an hour later it sars o make me motivated and take away my inhibitions bu i dont feel 'high'. It's quite dangerous coz i'm obviously under the influence to other people but i can notice the buz so i do and say stupid shit...
Yep, delusions of sobriety are a hell of a thing.