Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nicest compliment you've received lately

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
Every now and again something is said to you that sticks out and really makes your day.

This week a friend said to me regarding the way I am with my friends "You remind me of a lioness with her cubs, fiercely protective yet so very gentle and you'll fight to the death with those who wish to cause them harm" that compliment absolutely made my week and did a lot to help kick me out of my blue funk.

So what compliments have you received lately that have really made you feel good?

hey guys at least in this thread you'll pick up some nice lines to use :p

um... this isn't really the same thing at all, but someone several people have told me recently how nice and distinctive my hand writting is. I thought that was a pretty cool thing to have said, and it made me feel good. :)

That, and one of my dear friends telling me how much i have done for her over the 10 years i have known her, and how much sh appreciates it. That meant so much to me. :)

My word.
Actually, I've been repeatedly called a great guy by people, which saddens me, because it means they don't know me very well :(

I was getting off the tram yesterday when an old lady tapped me on the arm, and said 'I love your stockings, you have lovely legs'

I was wearing my spiderweb stockings :)
That made me smile.

'the quiet voice of reason that never makes sense at the time, but always comes true'

moe: maybe they do know you better than you think. the 'nice guy' tag stings at times, that's when you should wear it with pride :p.

"I can't believe you ate all that man, that's freakin awesome!"

"Schizo: You're the only person I'd believe when they said they ate a hunk of meat the size of their head" - anfalicious

ROFL that one made my day.

"Man, you could drink me under the table" - Said by many a non-Czech :p

"Nice bong man, ripped it beautifully! Didn't even have to clean it!" - Sublimaze

"You're the laziest bastard I've ever met" (Said by many people)

The last one was actually a question in one of those online "How well do you know me" quizzes, it read:

Who could eat more food than any sumo could eat?

A: Schizo
B: Ooi
C: My Dad
D: James the giant octopus

The answer was A, obvioulsy.

All of those made me feel all warm and fuzzy, I take pride in my animalistic behaviour :)

said by buddy..
"you always have my best interests at heart"

and i was able to honestly say "true"

heh
not really a compliment exactly.. but amusing none the less

"my life's gone downhill since i met you.. but its not you!"

other than that, i was complimented for being "a very clean cut boy"!

Flutherim liberchak...

Dunno whatcha talkin about lady, I don't get compliments.

-plaz out-

*sigh* really guys I find it strange that you don't have the kind of friends where you show open appreciation for each other's strengths and weaknesses, it's one of the things I value most about my friends, they know me well enough to know my best and worst and love me just the same.

I adore compliments and I give more than I receive, i think it's really important to let the people you value know how much they mean to you.

A friend walked up to me last week at a rave, said ‘your gorgeous’ and walked off. It meant heaps cos I’ve been feeling rather shit about myself of late, it was probably the bikkies talking but its always nice to hear something like that.

^^^

Bikkies don't make me say things I don't ordinarily think... it just makes me say things I ordinarily think, but wouldn't be bold enough to say... so in my opinion, that friend has probably always thought you are gorgeous :)

I got told 3 times in one morning at work this week that I looked really pretty in what I was wearing (was all done up in a suit, with pearls, etc) and got asked if I was having a special lunch or going somewhere after work because I looked so nice. It really gave my self esteem a little boost it was desperate for.

Compliments make me smile

from someone I don't think I know in regards to my writing:

another life lesson learned today.
thank you for this.

I rarely check responses to my stuff in words, I'm a coward in that respect but that particular poem was written for a great friend and I went back to print it out for me... this compliment ment a lot, writing good or bad is best when it stirs people.

It's kinda sad how few people actually compliment one another or tell their friends how much they mean to them...I know it's kind of awkward but I think it's so much more meaningful than just constantly being a smartass to one another (though admittedly being a smartass all the time is fun too ;)).

I always tell my friends if I think they look good in something or if they just did something really clever or kind or funny or whatever, and vice versa.....

Best thing anyone told me recently was when my ex and I had a big heart to heart and he told me that I taught him how to be in a relationship again because I wouldn't take any of his shit and I supported him and showed him that loving someone is about trust. Then he told me I'm a really amazing person and that the only thing he regrets about our relationship is that he hurt me when we broke up.

We broke up a few years ago and I'm well and truly over any emotional debris from that, but it's always nice to hear stuff like that anyways and know that I had a positive impact on someone's life who was once really special to me. :)

--Raz--

I tend to make generalised compliments which go to most people I care about... when they do something I think is cute, I'll always saw "awww, you're just beautiful" ..... if they do something helpful, I always say "you're lovely, thank you for that" .... those sorts of compliments.

I also generally always notice new clothes/hairstyles/etc and compliment my friends on that, and I always end my telephone conversations by telling them that I love them.

So I guess they're compliments, but they're not unique to one person... they still count though, yes?

The compliments that I appreciate the most are from people who don't normally give them. Despite how unfair this may seem, I tend to think that people who often shower others in compliments are insincere or fake and sometimes fishing for compliments themselves.

One of the most beautiful things said to me lately (apart from nearly every compliment that comes out of my boyfriends mouth) was my Dad writing on my 21st birthday card:

I always have been, and always will be, proud to say you're my daughter.

Best birthday present ever.

I don't really take compliments very well. I always feel arkward and usually don't know what to say. Not to say that I don't like getting them, but for some reason they make me feel odd. And no, it's not a self-esteem issue - I have no problem in that department.

Maybe I'm too damn cynical for my own good, and I'm always looking for the "you did a good job BUT.....", and when it doesn't come I wonder whether they're just being polite.