• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids NI (UK) GP’s to stop prescribing Pregabalin

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
Why are GP’s not prescribing pregabalin anymore? Is it because of some junkies are mixing them with more dangerous depressants trying to get extra junky high and then as a result end up killing themselves? I must be missing something?
If by Junkies you mean addicts yes you are spot on, Ive lost 3 close friends in the past 2 years from Heroin OD's in each case they had also taken Pregabs

So just heroin wasn’t good enough for them? I’ve been clean for almost 8 years now from all opioids, including heroin back when you could actually get that. Never during my junkie time did I feel that I needed benzos or gabapentinoids to potentiate my high. Apparently, either I was getting good shit, or junkies these days throw harm reduction right out the window and make stoopid choices to take other heavy duty CNS depressants on top of heroin (let’s be honest, it’s dangerous fentanyl now), and decide that they want to potentiate their nod by adding benzos or gabapentinoids. Then your friends get that nod they are looking for and never wake up. I’m sorry dude but fuck them. This is a harm reduction site, and if people are too stupid to not do their own research about what will kill them getting loaded, they don’t deserve to do drugs, and in your friends case do anything else either.

It’s people like your friends that make legitimate medications banned, like pregabalin, because they were too stupid to check with harm reduction sites like this one and kill themselves ODing with it in their blood stream.

I’m sorry your friends are dead, but you should have told them about basic harm reduction and sites like this one before they killed themselves. Their stupidity led to the direct banning of life saving drugs, and is why people can’t get medications for sometimes life threatening conditions anymore.

Fuck your friends
Fuck my friends? Wow classy!
They where all prescribed pregabs by there doctors who knew they had heroin addictions so it was never about adding anything to increase the affect of the gear. Also most of the addicts I know dont have computers let alone internet access so sites such as this only reach so far.
Prick

Few links to get you started:

GP’s to stop prescribing Pregabalin for nerve pain

GP’s to stop prescribing Pregabalin

Overhaul in Pregabalin use in Northern Ireland could result in deaths

If anyone can’t read then (geo-blocked) let me know and I’ll paste the article, there’s not much to them but this interesting bit:

Doctors will still be allowed to prescribe the drug where they feel it is clinically appropriate.
It was a long time coming to be honest.

Pregbalin/gabapentin shouldn’t be prescribed for nerve pain now when there are other more appropriate meds.

Northern Ireland is FLOODED with pregabalin and yes it has contributed to lots of deaths. It’s indicated on a lot of autopsy reports. The kids mix it with whatever else they are taking and don’t realise how potent it is when mixed with benzos/alcohol/tramadol and whatever other prescription meds they are taking.

2 of them did not have phones!! I know lots of people that aside from going to the library have no internet access and lets be fair when your having to go on the raise the library is not high on the list of places to visit!
Jim I know got then for nerve damage following a car crash. The other I don't know. Anyway Im board of talking to you, your I know best arrogance is making my skin crawl. Night xx

It was a long time coming to be honest.

Pregbalin/gabapentin shouldn’t be prescribed for nerve pain now when there are other more appropriate meds.

Northern Ireland is FLOODED with pregabalin and yes it has contributed to lots of deaths. It’s indicated on a lot of autopsy reports. The kids mix it with whatever else they are taking and don’t realise how potent it is when mixed with benzos/alcohol/tramadol and whatever other prescription meds they are taking.
It was every ware for a few years, Im guessing doctors where getting nice kick backs for prescribing it. Ive been offered by two doctors for damage to my shoulder but with my DOC being Heroin Ive always passed.

Pharmaceutical are out to make money. In the US there are commercials for Lyrica 10 times a day telling people to "ask your doctor" about it.

So this does surprise me,. I can't really make logical sense of it yet.

Pharmaceutical are out to make money. In the US there are commercials for Lyrica 10 times a day telling people to "ask your doctor" about it.

So this does surprise me,. I can't really make logical sense of it yet.
Thankfully its not as bad as that here, It may not be perfect but the NHS is a wonderful thing!

It was every ware for a few years, Im guessing doctors where getting nice kick backs for prescribing it. Ive been offered by two doctors for damage to my shoulder but with my DOC being Heroin Ive always passed.
Yeah, the reps in the north were out in force, it’s why it was handed out like smarties. Absolute joke, there were many ignored recommendations to stop prescribing going back years. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We see it as being one of the main contributors in youths drug use at the moment in the north.

Those doctors are criminal for giving heroin addicts Lyrica. I’m sure it wasn’t for nerve damage, it was for withdrawals I’m sure. Pregabalin is not meant to be taken in conjunction with fucking heroin (fentanyl, let’s be honest). For Christ sakes, I have zero empathy for doctors that completely disregard all aspects of harm reduction and give these junkies a drug that is deadly when it is used in conjunction with their drug of choice.

And your telling me that addicts don’t get on the internet? You do realize that burner phones can access the internet, even when the minutes are all used up. You don’t need a computer anymore. Literally everywhere has internet access! Every fast food restaurant on the planet has free WiFi. So do most other businesses. So do all homeless shelters. That is is a lame excuse that the addicts you know can’t get on the internet.

So here’s what you can do. You can direct people to sites like this and make it your mission to educate people about basic harm reduction, like don’t mix fentanyl with benzos/gabapentinoids and test your drugs with cheap test kits.

OK dude
Bro 99% of harm reduction is having access to the unadulterated drugs you seek. Doctors prescribing gabapentin OR ANY DRUG EVER is not against harm reduction. Gabapentin does help with opioid wd. I used it to quit kratom. I have also quit IV heroin, IV Meth, IV coke and smoking crack etc etc etc. Mostly by harm reduction. and let me tell you... Harm reduction is not what your young mind thinks it is at all. It's not blaming doctors and perpetuating the war on Drugs or interfering and limiting ones supply. It's 99% about having access to the drugs you seek and not being poisoned by unknown ingredients. It certainly has little or nothing to do with regulation of drugs. You my friend are the harm reduction idiot. Sorry for anyone who has to deal with you

Last edited:
ah yes "buds" another one of my ex-addicitions.

About 5 years ago when I was a addicted to 1200mg a day it was so easy to get prescribed 2 boxes of 300mg and get them put on repeat too.

didn't have that much trouble getting off them though, tapered quite easy with zero effects really, unlike bupe which I am struggling with................

If by Junkies you mean addicts yes you are spot on, Ive lost 3 close friends in the past 2 years from Heroin OD's in each case they had also taken Pregabs
But the pregabs did not cause anyone to OD. I understand your pain, am sorry for your loss.

I seen this coming but what I find just as if not more scary is the fact that benzo dependant people are simply refused a script to taper off and are left to source their own BM benzos. I pushed my GP and local addicion clinic about this and no one will budge, same thing with others I know who are unfortunately in the same predicament. Im told to taper off slowly yet thats not possible if supply is all over the place with tons of fake benzos around. They have blood on their hands, as more and more people are stuck in this predicament leading to suicide, siezures or overdoses.

This will just increase the internet trade of drug sales from dubious (mostly) sources.
Banning a substance usually just has the opposite effect and causes more deaths.

This will just increase the internet trade of drug sales from dubious (mostly) sources.
Banning a substance usually just has the opposite effect and causes more deaths.
Facts.
You can't really remove a drug from existence, you can only move it to the black market.