GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NFL PICKEMS v.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
NFL PICK'EMS 2019

Formatting note: Please indicate your picks by BOLDING them. The use of caps alone is too ambiguous.

The BONUS GAME will be indicated in GREEN each week.

-A correct pick in the Bonus Game is worth 2 points instead of 1.
An incorrect pick does not count against you (as usual).

-The scorer is responsible for choosing the bonus game each week.

-The bonus game should be one of the most competitive games that week.

You guys know the rules...

Pick the winner of each game.
1 point for each correct pick.
2 points for a correct bonus game pick.

Weekly winners get bragging rights...
Season winner gets a title.

Everyone please try to help out with the scoring each week. <3

Without further ado...

Week 1:
BONUS GAME- pit@ne

gb@chi
kc@jax
atl@min
ten@cle
buf@nyj
bal@mia
was@phi
lar@car
ind@lac
cin@sea
nyg@dal
sf@tb
det@ari
pit@ne
hou@no
den@oak​

Last edited:
So a long time to think about these first picks.

Just wanted to make the thread early so that we can get as many interested as possible.

If any of you reading this knows someone who you think might be interested, let em know.

Oh man. So many questions @mal3volent

So I pick one of these cryptic abbreviations and one other? The bonus game is PIT@NE. I've taken this to read PITTSBURGHvsNEBRASKA
Assuming I'm right, I should go for either PIT or NE in the bonus game and one other seemingly meaningless but I'll work them out abbreviations?

My guess is going to be shot in the dark, but I really want to be facing the right way before I fire

Thanks in anticipation

You should get into American football l33t. It's fun.

NE is for the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, but Nebraska was a good guess. And I had a good laugh.

In all honesty, you could just pick randomly and have a pretty good shot of winning, or at least have a good showing.

The trick is posting every single week. No way to win unless you do that.

Yeah if chi from Sydney logs in and sees this 18 years after they registered I bet they'll be pissed lol.

Fuckin love your picks man...you have panthers winning and the rest of our division losing ?

That'd be awesome

Week 1:

gb@chi
kc@jax
atl
@min
ten@cle
buf@nyj
bal@mia
was@phi
lar@car
ind
@lac
cin@Sea
nyg@Dal
sf@tb
det@ari
pit@ne
hou@no
den@oak
So far I'm rooting for the Giants

Last edited by a moderator:

Week 1:
BONUS GAME- pit@ne

gb
@chi
kc@jax
atl
@min
ten@cle
buf@nyj
bal@mia
was@phi
lar
@car
ind@lac
cin@sea
nyg@dal
sf@tb
det
@ari
pit@ne
hou@no
den@oak

guess I fell for the hype and went with Cleveland.. going with Cleavland??

thanks for setting this up @mal3volent.

there's a lot of pressure on cleveland to perform this year. they have a great array of weapons on offense and their defense was ok last year. i'll be interested to see if they have it together in week 1.

alasdair

I'm much more college football oriented than NFL. TBH, the prima donnas and social justicing by the players really puts me off, but more than that there is the tradition and emotional ties to a college program that just seem so much stronger than is possible with a pro team. Hell, look at the stadiums, 100k vs 60k in capacity, it shows the college game is more popular in general.

But I'm not here to poo-poo on the NFL, I'm here to join the pick-ems. Be warned, the depth of my picks may hinge upon team colors or mascots. Yes, I am that shallow right now. With that, I plan on taking your lunch money and laughing all the way to the endzone.

Read em and weep

gb@chi
kc@Jax
atl@min
ten@cle
buf@nyj
bal
@MIA
was@phi
lar@car
ind@lac
cin@sea
nyg@dal
sf@tb
det
@ari
pit@ne
hou@no
den@oak

Last edited:
Wow wow wow.. i take back my like.

PIT over NE, huh, TLB?

How High Are You vs. NO2 to da hizzy

So when does this happen? Are all the matches played on one day? Fuck I sound like a girl

The vast majority of games are played on Sundays, in the afternoon. Some start 1PM , others 4PM (EST).

Every week there are three prime time night games. Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night.

The season opener is this Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.