• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NFL Offseason Thread---> 2019 NFL Draft and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
The packs defense this year.. just letting you know. offense already puts up the points.. and this shit is looking good.. might want to invest in that second string qb.

giphy.gif

Cam's my QB. I mean he's not the goat but he did beat Aaron Rodgers the last two times they played...

He's obviously a better rusher and in 2018 he had a better completion % than Rodgers...AND he had a bad shoulder.

2019 Panthers
In 2019, that group looks quite different. Carolina has finally added a plethora of offensive playmakers. 2017 no. 8 overall pick Christian McCaffrey has blossomed into one of the best running backs in football and finished third in yards from scrimmage (1,965) in 2018. The team used the no. 24 pick on Maryland wide receiver D.J. Moore in 2018, who was second on the team to McCaffrey in targets, receptions, and receiving yards as a rookie. The team also drafted versatile Ohio State receiver Curtis Samuel no. 40 overall in 2017. Samuel’s second year was disrupted by surgery to correct an irregular heartbeat in September, and he had improved mightily toward the end of the 2018 season. Tackle Taylor Moton, drafted in the second round of 2017, was one of the best pass blocking tackles in football last year and a vast improvement over the recently released Matt Kalil, or as New Orleans defensive end Cam Jordan calls him, “Speedbump McGee.”

The Panthers added to their makeover this offseason by signing receiver Chris Hogan, exercising the 2019 option for Torrey Smith, and then helping out the defense with pass rusher Bruce Irvin in free agency (plus defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, who signed a one-year deal with Carolina on Monday). The team also drafted Florida State pass rusher Brian Burns in the first round and Ole Miss offensive tackle Greg Little in the second round, but it was Carolina’s third-rounder that drew attention: West Virginia quarterback Will Grier. Grier’s arrival is less of an indictment of Newton’s health and more of a statement on Carolina’s inability to find an adequate backup quarterback in free agency (plus with Grier’s skill set and positional value, he was a worthwhile pick for any team in the late third round). Grier is not a threat to take Newton’s job unless Superman’s shoulder flares up again.

I am not thrilled about the Wentz extension. I mean i see the logic in locking him up now before Mahomes resets the market but if he gets injured again we are seriously screwed for the next 4 seasons. Hes really only had one good year. I thought he played like shit last year personally even though that take gets me killed in eagles forums.

I am not thrilled about the Wentz extension. I mean i see the logic in locking him up now before Mahomes resets the market but if he gets injured again we are seriously screwed for the next 4 seasons. Hes really only had one good year. I thought he played like shit last year personally even though that take gets me killed in eagles forums.

I agree with you. He's really talented but the timing makes no sense whatsoever.

87 days

@mal3volent

*quick google search*

Looks like we cut a veteran TE and signed on some rookies. Classic move.

Belichick will make sure the team works together. I mean, that's his job right?

He does it very well. The pats on paper aren't even that good we just have a good coach and get lucky.

So what are you thinking mal.. what do u think about this season? What's going to happen..

Just for fun, didn't think too much about it @neversickanymore .

If you guys want to do one

And sorry about packers (nsa), eagles (Cj), and pats (Ali&madness) ...but this is the Panthers' year. Yep....3rd try's the charm with Super Bowls. Takin one home.

Cams gonna be the one that finally puts Tom in the broadcasters booth =D

Last edited:
nice tool @mal3volent

afc east: seems about right
afc west: i think the chargers do better. could go either way on chiefs or chargers but i think i give chiefs the edge
afc north: the browns hype is real. i think you have the ravens a little high here but i think the division is theirs to lose. should be an interesting division to watch
afc south: i agree the colts win the division

nfc east: philly record seems aggressive but division seenms about right
nfc west: i think the 49ers do better than .500. not sure who wins btu rams seem like a safe bet
nfc north: seems about right. bears or packers for sure. i give packers the edge
nfc south: i think it all comes down to cam... which specific games do you have them winning?

alasdair

Yeah my numbers aren't exact, just quick first reactions.

Panthers toughest games are on the road against Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Indy. Hard to say though, because at times we do our best when the odds aren't in our favor.

yeah, it's hard to predict.

i like your wr corp. this year - moore and hogan are a sleeper duo. cam is cam so we'll see how that goes. cmc is obviously a beast - #2 fantasy overall? probably. and gerald mccoy is a strong add.

bookies have them at o/u 7.5... definite over - i think they go 10-6 or 11-5.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.