Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWSFLASH: Online Drugs Available to Teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabollocks

Bluelighter
Ha.. thought that would get your attention.

I was actually trying to get the attention of that bugger who wrote that article about the supermarket junkies... we will see. Here is one for free anyway.

It has been brought to my attention that due to the over abundance of wine in Australia over the past 5 years or so, the number of online vendors has increased exponentially. For anyone who does not understand what I am saying... If you have a credit card, you can get booze delivered to your door.
^^That can be the headline in the paper. (Just saving you some work)

As I understand it, the only thing to stop people from buying alcohol online is a credit card. Anyone can have a credit card right? Maybe you can borrow mum or dads if you can not get one yet...

Just a side note: I have seen cooking wine in a number of stores lately. It is normally around the 15-18% range, and would taste fine in a mixer. It can be bought for a fraction of the price of alcohol at the liquor store and does exactly the same thing... if you are into getting drunk.

Lets see how quickly news.com.au picks up on this world breaking news story!

Afterall they have brought us the pseudo runners story, oh yeah, and the painkiller poppers.. and best of all they brought us supermarket junkies. 8)

Obviously alcohol is of little interest.

Nab

Most Aussie banks have VISA debit cards now though; so you don't even need a credit card. Anyone know if there's an age restriction on those as they can be linked to any old savings account right?

I don't know if i'm allowed to say this, please correct me if i'm in the wrong mods, but you can get a prepaid visa online called "canvas". Used to be another called Bopo, but they folded.

Yeah i remember Bopo.. it was basically a debit card? But yeah you could use it to buy stuff online.

expothead said:
Cooking wine? It's also 1.5% salt content...

yup. a few years ago when i was desperate for a buzz i tried to drink some of this shit...even cactus juice tastes better than this. :|

needless to say the rest of the day was spent playing CS...SOBER 8o

Of course a person could always make cheap brandy by distilling the wine. That would certainly get rid of the salt. I don't believe there's any age restriction on buying a still from a home brew shop, as, by law stills are only sold as water or essential oil distillers and not intended to be used to make alcohol...yeah right. Theres a news story worth pursuing!

justanotherperson said:
needless to say the rest of the day was spent playing CS...SOBER 8o

Haha playing CS sober, I feel sorry for you. It's such a slow game, I would at least need some Amphetamines just to stay awake for the round.

It's a joke. (Or was there a spelling error?) :) I tend to type faster than I think.

phase_dancer said:
Of course a person could always make cheap brandy by distilling the wine. That would certainly get rid of the salt. I don't believe there's any age restriction on buying a still from a home brew shop, as, by law stills are only sold as water or essential oil distillers and not intended to be used to make alcohol...yeah right. Theres a news story worth pursuing!

Actually, come to think of it... I used to make my own brews when I was only 16. I never got any grief from the home brew shops. In fact they used to give me tips. I guess there is nothing illegal about yeast, hops, ginger, sugar, empty bottles bottle caps etc.

Come on guys, lets help out the news.com.au reporter.

Here are some research ideas.

Maybe try the TGA see if you can get a comment from them.

You could try the AFP, they might have something to say about the matter.

I'm sure K. Rudd would love to poke his nose into this saucy topic... (Seeing that he thinks kids are binge drinking)

Any other ideas?

Come on guys, this guy needs ideas, and we all know his first port of call is BL. The least we can do is help him out. :)

nabollocks said:
I'm sure K. Rudd would love to poke his nose into this saucy topic... (Seeing that he thinks kids are binge drinking)

Any other ideas?

NEWSFLASH: Youth of Australia turn to distilling cooking wine purchased online in protest of the new proposed tax on "alco-pops"!

It's a joke. (Or was there a spelling error?)

There was a spelling error: durgs instead of drugs.

Stop trying to 'bait' the reporter or I'll close this thread. This isn't the lounge. I'll pretend for now you actually want to discuss buying alcohol online.

I thought it was of genuine interest to this HR board. And I welcome any discussion on the topic. I just think it is funny how the media goes after the minority groups, and forgets about things right under their nose.

I guess you can close it if you want to, but I really do think it is something we need to be talking about as it is available to anyone who wants it.

Some even offer overnight delivery!

I am not trying to get these sites closed, just trying to reduce harm at a basic level.

I must admit though... It would make a good scare story in the media :)

MB: Thanks for fixing that sp mistake.

I don't really think buying alcohol online is such a big deal. Alcohol is relatively easy for anyone under 18 to obtain anyway ... I think kids using their parents CC cards to buy online may in fact be the least likely method they would use.

I think there are probably other drugs being sold online to anyone with a CC that are of more concern (and more sensationalistic). The neodoves for example. How about this for a headline - "Drug 10x worse than ecstasy being sold online to children". Actually that could apply to alcohol as well, but I just meant the neodoves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.