• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News. Woman dies of water intoxication AAP 15.01.07

basix said:
wow I just listened to the contest and several people called in before the contest started and told the radio dj's that its dangerous to drink so much water and that someone could die. The dj's responce was, "they signed waivers so we're not responsible."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/

My opinions kinda changed on this after listening to the broadcast, the radio was made aware of the dangers, and continued to tell people that their body would throw up if they were in any danger.

I found listening to that profoundly disturbing.

basix said:
wow I just listened to the contest and several people called in before the contest started and told the radio dj's that its dangerous to drink so much water and that someone could die. The dj's responce was, "they signed waivers so we're not responsible."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/

My opinions kinda changed on this after listening to the broadcast, the radio was made aware of the dangers, and continued to tell people that their body would throw up if they were in any danger.

Wow.............that was amazing........ I just cant believe that anyone could be this stupid.

I mean she even said her head was hurting............you would think that would ringh some bells somewhere wouldnt you.

Having everyone drink 1/2 gallon and see who could go the longest without pissing themselves would have been highly entertaining.

Letting people drink 2+ gallons is just fucking retarded.

Throughout the 80's and early 90's I was a devoted student of Tai Chi and Tong Long Kung Fu (among other eastern and middle eastern arts and practices). During this time I did several years of what others termed "chinese water torture". This involved showering only in cold water (iced if possible - winters were great) and rising religiously at 3am to immediately drink 2-2.5 Litres of water in less than 5 minutes. This was followed by retaining all urine while practicing Chi Kung for 40 minutes (10 minutes standing on each leg, then 20mins on 2 legs). I never missed a single day in over 3 years.

I often felt intoxicated and so regarded this amount of water as definitely being the limit for me. However, as time went on I became more aware of the dangers associated with the practice, and after ~3 years I decided to limit my intake to 1 Litre/morning before exercising. This was far more bearable and didn't cause any appreciable discomfort.

Incidentally, while practicing the "chinese water torture" I never experienced any perceived bloating, I healed faster than any other time in my life, and never ever had a sick day. Water is good, but sensible limits apply. 2 gallons is over 7.5 litres. To advocate consuming that much is plain crazy IMHO

Exactly.

The contest should have been about how long you could go without pissing yourself, and the amount of water should have been fixed for every contestant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_re_us/water_intoxication

Looks like the Sherrifs department has launched a criminal investigation and the radio station is being sued.

"On Wednesday, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department launched a criminal investigation into the incident, and attorneys for the family of Jennifer Lea Strange said they plan to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the radio station"