Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Want highs with that?

Bent Mk2

Bluelighter
Buger king sued over 'whoppers'

Burger King sued over marijuana found in burgers

Two police officers in New Mexico have sued Burger King Corp, alleging personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices after they were served hamburgers sprinkled with marijuana.

"It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'whopper'," plaintiffs lawyer Sam Bregman said today.

"The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."

The civil lawsuit was filed on Friday in state District Court in Bernalillo County by Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police.

The lawsuit says the officers were in uniform and riding in a marked patrol car when they purchased meals through the drive-through lane on October 8 at a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, New Mexico

The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical evaluations.

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They subsequently were indicted.

The lawsuit seeks punitive and compensatory damages to be determined at trial, along with legal costs.

8( 8(

i know I shouldn't laugh, it is very irresponsible of those lads to do such a thing, but that is fkn hilarious... must have been schwag =D

Splatt said:
Wrong forum dude, and this was posted in Drugs in the media a montrh or so ago.

I remember a story from Tampa Florida a few months ago. They did the exact same thing to cops in a Tampa Burger King. Copycats?

EDIT: Sorry..I'm mistaken. It happened only once recently in New Mexico

Ooops! Clearly both the Age and myself are on-top of current events!

Last edited by a moderator: